Clear All

First Grow Journal (600w HPS DWC)

Setup:
    Seedsman Blueberry x2
    Top Fed DWC
    Vegging under a 400w HPS
    Flowering under a 600w HPS
    I'm using obscure nutes so I don't know if they're worth mentioning

This is my first ever grow and I really wanted to share it with some people. Setup is probably a little bit shoddy. I'm not working with a particularly big space and a lot of stuff was rushing because honestly I just wanted to get growing. I have no idea how this is going to go but I guess my main aim would be to make it to harvest. I'm hoping to manifold the both of these plants eventually but I think it'll be something to decide on later. Here are my babies so far, let me know if I forgot to add anything. I hope some of you come along for the ride.

Hey Brad, Welcome to the forum!! You shouldn't be feeding the seedlings yet, they are too young and may have nute burn. The yellow doesn't look good. Are you checking your pH? Are you using nutes that are specifically for growing OUR type of plant?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

When should nutes be added? I was worried with how long they were sat out without being in the res as they were starting to stretch, I'll change the res water for RO water if you think it'd be an issue and yeah I've been keeping an eye on the PH and using nutes specifically for our plant

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Brad, seedlings don't require nutes right away: they feed off the cotlydons that are the first leaves to come out. I got a little nute burn on my seedlings by putting in the nutes--even at miniscule amounts--too soon. I don't know what size pots you have the rapid rooters in, but you want to see more leaves and possibly some roots trailing down to your res when you start feeding, and then on a very reduced amount.

Okay yeah so I'm in the process of swapping out the reservoir water. I'm sorry I don't know how I missed something as obvious as not adding nutes so early. I knew my plants looked off but it didn't even occur to me that that could be as a result of nutrients for whatever reason. Thanks for the advice, we'll see if they look happier later on today

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Like I commented above, I did it, too, but then backed off the nutes, and the leaves stopped yellowing at the tips. As soon as seedlings start popping, I put them under the lights in my grow box: as soon as something is emerging, it needs light big time. They will start stretching if they don't have enough light. So you just had your first set of leaves emerge; yes, let us all see what happens over the next few days. Got my fingers crossed for your girls.

On my first grow, I killed so many seeds/seedlings because I didn't have a feel for what I was doing yet. I hope these babies survive, but if at first you don't succeed, sprout, sprout again!!!!!

PS, Brad: it may be worth investing at the very least in one of the better known brands of weed nutes...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X