No announcement yet.

Number 2: Kosher Kush DWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, this is a late continuation from last weeks report.

sunday night supercropping adventure. 3 sets of shots. before, during, and the day after when all the heads turned back up.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Stunning, harvester, absolutely stunning. That's like around 5 lbs of weed, huh... In my dreams...

• intergalactic_harvester
      intergalactic_harvester commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you teach!
      5 lbs wet !!!
      im hoping to come close to my first runs yield, only on purpose this time, lol.

You're going to need more jars! 😉
    First grow Bagseed and Acid Dough:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ough-by-ripper

First grow Acid Dough:
    https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2642-first-dwc-grow

Second grow Monster Cropped Acid Dough:
    https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2920...clone-revegged

1000w HPS. (4) 136w LEDs. 48x96x80" flower tent. (1) 136w LED. (6) 13w cfls. 2x2x4' clone tent. DWC. House and Garden nutes: Aqua Flakes + supplements per HG DWC feeding schedule. Hydroguard.

Comment

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      How many tops do you have at the canopy?

Editing a comment
      yo taz!
      yes! i will need more jars. for sure. and my drying rack will not be adequate this time either.
      if you wanna count tops now, you go right on ahead. i gave up on that shit a bit ago and i prune and defol for light and air flow now. at a guess 250-300 but maybe a few more, lol.

begin week 4 bloom

major defol this weekend, took close to 2 lbs of leaves! might be the last time i go at em that hard.
    took advantage of the defol and drenched them with antifungal at lights out. i fear mold and would rather prevent it than try to fix it.
    also using a systemic for gnats. i know most of the ones i see are just fruit gnats but ive seen black gnats too so im smashing them before they can make any root eating babies.
    singed the tips pretty good this week. kinda figured it would happen with all the plant reduction and staying at the same nute strength. duh. one night they didnt drink much and i knew it was too late! oh well, its still early.
    had to put weights on my screen. had a 6" rise to the center and the legs were coming off the floor. totally counterproductive. managed to pull down a lot of it without cracking any branches, but even with 15 lbs the legs still barely touch the floor.
    plan to build the next screen level tomorrow, its about that time.

think thats about it. thanks guys for looking.

Comment

Editing a comment
      thank you tika! kinda crazy how they turned out, like some mythical or alien forest, lol.

• GDTRFB95
      GDTRFB95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow beautiful undercarriage

Editing a comment
      thanks GDTRFB95 !!

begin week 5 bloom

not much to report this week.
    plants took thier time recovering from last weeks defol, but bud sites are making the most of the few days of extra light!
    trichomes forming quickly now, little button tops starting to dome up... kind of exciting and at least a week ahead of my first grow in development.
    tops are leveling themselves out as growth slows. cool. that means i can wait another week or 2 for the 2nd level screen!
    nute changeout tonight.

damn, thats all i got. how boring!

heres some pics...have a great weekend!

Comment

never boring...never...ever
    thank you for posting my good buddy
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Editing a comment
      thank you tika. been missin you, but i know its a busy time. my times comin mid september, hehe.

Wow they really look awesome!

First grow Acid Dough:

1000w HPS. (4) 136w LEDs. 48x96x80" flower tent. (1) 136w LED. (6) 13w cfls. 2x2x4' clone tent. DWC. House and Garden nutes: Aqua Flakes + supplements per HG DWC feeding schedule. Hydroguard.

Comment

Editing a comment
      thank you taz! its pretty much coasting now... chill til chop.

24kt gold update
    start week 6 bloom

we are officially midbloom. the stretch finished out, only gained 2 inches of vertical growth over the whole week. the handful of superstar arms that shot up first and highest also stopped first and now the average growth evened things up pretty well on thier own.
    im keeping ALL growth above the screen. the staggered node formation is allowing me enough light and air to make it safe and possible. flowers deep in the canopy are forming and developing quite well, and i foresee no larfy airy buds anywhere in this grow, so long as i can maintain this groove i got going here.
    plants are 26 inches tall right now. my light is all the way up, sitting 20 inches off the canopy which is currently 17 inches deep.
    nute concentration is about 1000ppm. nitrogen cut nearly in half this week, potassium/phosphorous up, terpinator up, and every other day im throwing a pinch of hot pk in the res as a booster. started doing that because i learned that when uptake is strong, the plants can use it all up in a couple of days. and whaddya know, development has been more consistent through the entire week. little tricks add up!!
    supercropping. damn. shit ton of work on a grow like this but oh my god worth it! even my skinniest shortest shittiest stems nearly doubled in thickness and node distances are at about an inch. do you have any idea what thats gonna do for my dry weight?!?!?! cant thank the forum enough i tell ya.
    this past week has shown a lot of trichome development. i mean all of a sudden style. hope that is a continuing trend too! been doing pretty well keeping temps under 80°f and my lights off them enough to preserve all of that resin and the terpenes. speaking of terpines!!! first smells coming from these girls!!! only a faint weed funk, not really a skunk. just enough i have my scrubber fan at lowest setting. but you touch resin and the REAL FRUIT smell of tangerine comes sweet and strong. dont know how that smell gets into weed, but its delicious and i love it. i really do want all around quality this time and im trying damn hard to get it and keep it. weight and potency is equipment and how you use it. quality is all on the grower.
    still holding off on the 2nd screen. saw lucky wait til they started leaning over on his grow, figure i still have a ways to go. also not gonna get too fancy with it, just some netting stretched tight should be enough.

new wave of gnats moved in. except its fuit gnats this time, little orange bodied banana stealers. wtf? not a plant bug really. and they seemed mainly interested in only one plant, and mostly at the pot site.
    come to find out that plant pot pushed down a lil lower into the res than the others over time and when i fill up to level on the pot i see up.front leaving a little air space, the pot in back i CANT see is actually partially under water. so the harmless bugs told me i was having an issue before the plant itself did.
    thank you bugs in my tent????

future grows. seriously undecided. housing situation still up in the air, but im trying to think my way around it because i really dont want to put my new love hobby on hold. considering switching to coco/perlite or similar to make it a little more portable if i have to. i dont know. just know i dont want this to stop even temporarily. finally found something i can understand and dig into and really do well with, plus save me a lot of money despite the expenses to set up and operate. i will figure something out. my concern with switching substrates is it might be like starting fro scratch leaving a lot of opportunities to fuck shit up. im getting comfy with DWC equipment and one more grow this way and i will be able to fly this bitch with my eyes closed and put all of my attention on the plants where it should be.
    definately taking down the veg table though. if i keep going after this harvest, everything gets done in single light rotation until further notice, lol.

thanks for checkin out my grow people, your support is very much appreciated.
    hopefully i can catch up more with you all later today. im missing my forum time bad.
    later folks

Comment

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm you know it could be that I only spend an hour or 2 with no gap?

Editing a comment
      lol, could be... i top off daily cuz once i have an inch of gap, and if it goes any lower, the root ball breaks the surface. about 1.5 inches max.
      oh hey, bet i can fix that! i think those roots are hanging over the driplines. bet if i take em out the roots will drop enough... find out tonight i guess.

just dont let the rootstalks be submerged for days on end like me and you should fine, lol.

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      I have roots above the net pot bottoms. Actually you can see roots in the "stalk" photo below.

Oops on my grow lol. I forgot where I was (happens often).

Wow, just wow. What a difference a week makes!

First grow Acid Dough:

Comment

DNA Genetics 24kt Gold
    start week 7 bloom

another week gone by.
    buds continue to develop nicely. starting to see the effects of a not so level canopy, but i dont expect perfection, lol.
    upward growth is done, colas average 16-18 inches from the screen. not bad. minimum safe distance from the light. no bleaching, only slightly stressed near center of the canopy as evidenced by leaf fingers curved down a little.
    trichome and resin production really ramping up, everything all sticky and gooey now. the tangerine smell has lost some of the sharpness and is getting a heavy sweetness to it. still no real smells coming out of the tent, just that green and slightly skunky waft when i first open the tent. i hope the smells increase, been keeping temps and nutes down trying to get more out of them but im hitting week 7 now and they still dont exude any odors, just leaving it on fingers when handled. meh.
    cut the nitrogen down a little more, probly the last time i use the grow formula, as im now using kool bloom powder at the recommended concentration... which carries the same nitrogen ratio as the grow. i also cut the bloom formula in half and raised the liquid kool bloom to recommended strength. i will further reduce the bloom formula next week, and also cut the micro component in half. im at the peak of the curve for nute concentration and growth stage, and its time to start lowering the ppms over the next few weeks.

really leaning towards coco for my next run.
    yeah fuck it, i cant stop. this hobby is too good to me and too good for me.
    and im thinking to continue with coco until i get my spot built and maybe design a FrankenGrow3, lol.
    also considering a more streamlined effective learning process as ive seen some others do. run a single strain for several grows in the same system to fine tune my plant specific skills. i want to wait until i can get at least a 3 light cycle going tho because i dont want to be stuck smoking the same strain forever!
    need to make up my mind soon tho, im only a week or 2 from needing to pop some seeds if im gonna do it.

messed with my cam settings for color, also got some lights off pics to show trich development. best i can do for now.

thanks for checkin it out growfriends!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Harvester, that last picture of SOB (sea of buds) is stunning!!!! This hobby really makes me feel ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!

Editing a comment
      thank you much teach! the flash lights up all the trichomes and leaves everything else dark. cool.to watch the patterns of development for sure!

Wowed again lol. Yours looks so much more clean than mine. I have like 3 height levels but am using 4 300w LEDs at different levels in addition to the biggun

First grow Acid Dough:

Comment

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the defoliating we did week 3 of flower was the last?

Editing a comment
      well, yeah. it was.
      i am not in any way suggesting you do this. lets get that straight right now. it could seriously fk up your crop if you do it too early and im still little unsure of the timing myself. i did it on my last scrog with very nice results getting light down deep the last few weeks. lower buds swelled up nice by the end of flush.
      i took pretty much every fan leaf away, only leaving the sugar coated stuff, lol. you should have big healthy roots if you try it too. at that point they are already tapping off thier own storage and technically dont depend on water leaves for speedy delivery anymore. gives you a short window to get the extra light down deep and blow up the lower growth. just 2 weeks can make a big difference. plus in my tent it reduced rh by another 10%.
      but if you do it too early, your buds will not develop to thier potential and your yield will be short.

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha!

DNA Genetics 24k Gold
    start week 8 bloom

its the big wait, just a few weeks left to go.
    this strain is proving to be much more nute sensitive than the last run i did. ive been reducing ppm levels, but apparently not quick enough. tips are burning again. dropped ppms by 200 this nute change, hope its enough, lol.
    major defol got done over last 4 days. had to stop every 5 mins or so to clean up, get so sticky the leaves get stuck to me and rip. and oh my god the smell was just overwhelming during the job! almost sickening.
    good genetics, cool temps, and a big ass jug of terpinator = 1 smelly syrupy mess. so gross but in the best way, lol.
    defol gave me good light all the way down the canopy, feeling much better about it. hoping this week sees some faster development. buds are still in bulking stage, still lots of fresh pistils. breeder calls out 9 to 10 week bloom, so i translate 11 to 12 to fully ripen, putting me in the last 2 weeks of september for harvest. leaves a lot of time to pile on the weight. still no need for 2nd trellis or yoyos, freakin stems are really thick!

bought a big carbon scrubber, installed upright connected to the light hood pass thru outside the tent. no more smells inside or out, hehe. not even cigarrettes.

think thats it folks. til next week!
    thanks again for comin around for a look.

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      So...bringing in a work crew for harvest!?!? My god another fine grow! Love the second to last pic of trichomes! Beautiful vertical!

Editing a comment
      hi tika! thank you!

Editing a comment
      as for the work crew... my wife has been recruiting, lol. she even hits up MY friends before i even have a chance. shes making sure to guilt trip the no shows from last time too.
      i think ive found a manager for this operation, lol.

taz...as for getting more space outta my space, im thinking of dumping the tent altogether. a while back i noticed light leaks in my bargain tent, so i put up floor to ceiling blackout curtains on a pvc frame. i bet i can back panel those with mylar and bam, no space issues. and no more bullshit ducting for the a/c. hehe

Comment

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      If you do consider a movable reflector(s) to put around the plants to reflect the light (unless you fill the whole area).

ordered these up last night for my next grow. think im gonna fill em with the coco loco mix i see some of my heroes n heroines using.
    a few more little things to pick up after a little more researching and its time to crack grow #3. gonna pop all 5 of the barneys farm red dragon!

Comment

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you can even use molasses. All that sticky stuff. BudXL is my carb/sugar additive and Top Shooter is the PK.

Editing a comment
      yeah. switchin out isnt what i wanted but i will definately take advantage of the chance to explore new ground!

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it's pretty easy to put money into since you save so much versus buying it. About a month of not buying it will pay for everything I've bought including some things I should never have bought lol.

DNA Genetics 24kt Gold
    starting week 9 bloom

hi friends, hope your labor day weekend is great this far!

going into week 9 of bloom. producer predicts 9 to 10 weeks, but thank god they are usually a couple weeks short! the development over this last week has been amazing and im getting excited to see where this goes.
    my ppms have been held around 900 all week. that gives me room to boost them with p and k every time res levels drop a gallon or more. this week i was able to hit em 3 times as they consume it almost as fast as i put it in. you can watch ppms drop 30 to 50 daily, lol.
    the results? compare this weeks pics to last, and it is very obviously working! the tops are piling high really fast now, fresh pistils all week and no sign of slowing down yet.
    up until this week ive been a little concerned that i might not get that heavy top development because of how many branches per plant i kept, and how late its getting. no more worries, hehe, its looking like another big fat blow out harvest is coming!!! i figure that even if they stop stacking right now and ripen out as they are i will still meet or exceed my last harvest weights.
    im also lowering avg temps a few degrees. day cycle running 74° to 77°, night cycle 64° to 65°. even my stalks smell delicious! maybe all those daydreams of jars filled with long sticks of gourmet candied bud will come true....so long as i dont fk up my cure!
    only issue im having now is rh. i cant get it below 47, usually sits 52. dehumidifier is pulling 7 to 10 gals water every 24 hrs, and still not bringing rh down more than 3% below outside levels. thats wall to wall canopy for ya, lol. making more juice than i can mop up. i hate to do it but i might add another dehumidifier come the ripening stage. they are already just gross with resin, i cant imagine what 30% rh would do to them!!! this is just freakin awesome.
    i have 3 variations that i can identify.
    one pheno developing very dense, more round or mounded looking tops, slightly shorter and wider fingers on the fans.
    another with more conical spiring tops and longer more narrow fingers.
    the third looks more like the targeted strain shown in the producers pictures.

they are all quite dense really, but that one pheno is making rocks. not sure i like that, buds that tight arent so bong and pipe friendly. always bustin em up to make em burn better, lol. those seem better suited for the doobage grinder.

im thinking of keeping them separate through processing. at least all the fancy top sticks i get. the "production" nuggs will all go into one mix. i had one pheno in my pepprmint kush grow, and was happy i cured it in separate jars as it smells, tastes, and stones different from the rest, and its nice to have some variety when smoking the SAME STRAIN FOR MONTHS. hehe.

trichomes? bulbs big and heavy but not leaning, and all glass clear. not even messin with trying to post shots of those yet. still to early for all that fuss.
    i do like taking the lights off pics tho because it helps define the internodal bud development with all the trichs lit up in the flash.

guess that wraps it up. thanks for comin around growfriends!

Comment

• Tazard
      Tazard commented
      Editing a comment
      lol. Poked Smot you didn't play the online game Battle Pirates did you?

Editing a comment
      hey ps! thanks for lookin!

Editing a comment
      taz, i dont have ac for the house. just 2 portables. one is married to the tent, the other i only use when its really hot to keep the rest of the basement temps down so my husky doesnt overheat!!
      what ive done this far is open the side flaps, intake with big filter one side, ac/dehumidifier blowing in the other. thats what got me just under 50%.
      might just have to bite it and bring the 2nd one into the room, lol. my poor light bill.

Think the terminator helps make those rock hard buds my tiny bugs are like bebees.
    Some one asked me so I'm asking you grams per watt? Do you measure it- will you measure it?
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Editing a comment
      oh dear tika!
      im going to assume youre asking about light watts, because im still working with the equipment some dumbass first time grower bought for god knows what, and thus speaking in terms of TOTAL WATTS set against yield would land both of these first grows in the realm of epic failure. hower forgiveable, i hope, as i am still early into my apprenticeship here. hehe.

soooo...... light watts. yes.
      last grow i never buttoned down a solid number. i weighed the jars down to grams at 560 ( flat 20 oz.). my hashpot was 16.5 oz, with maybe 7 to 10 grams of dry trim, conservatively.
      i know for sure that i went a few grams over the "gram per light watt" mark, but as i said, i dont have a hard number, and regrettably so. as a first time grower the very idea of hitting yield numbers like that wasnt even considered. when i studied the website in preparation i believed i could expect 8 to 12 oz from 5 plants on my first grow in my setup, lol, so i was really freakin overwhelmed by what i actually ended up with. i was more concerned about getting it all processed properly than i was with weight!

this grow there will be numbers for sure. from what i understand, 1GPW is like a badge to some folks. hitting it on the first grow ever is like a giant fluke, and im aiming to prove it out this time so i can freakin OWN IT.

you think the terpinator tightens em up like that? like a potassium thing? i know the k has a lot to do with smells n tastes, been listening to dr harley quite a bit lately, lol. that dude is cool. looks a lot like captain kangaroo.... remember that shit? lol.

need more coffee now. afternoon nap left me with a bit of narco indica drag. talk more soon i hope!

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Speaking of dumbass...I just poke the seeds in and try to follow directions and after 4 years indoor grow I simply hope for the best. Each and every time. I am seriously filled with covet and envy over your grows- seriously!
      I acknowledge that Terpinator is for terpines but coupled with the LEDs they are tight. My hydro store advisor is now carrying it cause I special order it and others asking for it too. Am following same nutes and three weeks into flower my tips are a tad bit colored...strain difference? Dunno. Hydro guy says good..you're pushing it.
      Now with this horrendous heat wave....go figure.
      Anyway..I admire your work, your craft and the art of your execution greatly.

Editing a comment
      you are so sweet to me! thank you!
      ive been around for the last few of your grows and know that your consistent overall production and quality are tuned in most admirably, and i look up to growers like you. matter of fact my next run will be in coco and im hoping you will be watching over and maybe help keep me tuned in. im nervous about switching mediums, but its logical in my current situation.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X