Is this beginning to flower??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this beginning to flower??

This has been growing about 5 weeks. She is an auto fem, with an 8 week growing time. I may have misunderstood how the auto fees work. I thought that it veg's for the 8 weeks then bloom.
    Attached Files

The 8 weeks is the time from when it starts to flower to when it is ready to harvest. 4 to 5 weeks is pretty normal veg time for autos. So 4 - 5 weeks veg plus 8 weeks to harvest. Grats on your first flower!!!!!

Comment

Yes, she is definitely flowering! Those white hairs are buds forming. With autos you can usually expect 3-4 weeks of the vegetative stage before they start making buds. Most of them are actually ready to harvest by the time they're 2-3 months old. I hope that helps!

Comment

omg!! i thought i had more time lol. I act like i'm having a kid or something. so do i need to switch to the 2600k lights yet?

Comment

Yes, since it's flowering you want to give it all the 2700k CFLs you have. Up to a point, more light is better because light is like food for your plants!

Comment

Thanks so much to everyone I love this site, and the people here!!

Comment

It looks like you topped it at some point. Some autos don't do as well if they are topped. Just a thought.
            completed 7 grows
            what I have learned so far:
            environment maters more than nutrients
            at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
            effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Never grown an auto but that looks really small for 5 weeks.

Comment

Is this your only plant you have growing...

What and how many cfls are you using...

It's...it's so small...

Comment

This is a picture of that same plant from Feb. 9...

This plant obviously has a genetic mutation problem...in my opinion I would cull it and use the space for another lady..

My $.02

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170224-225147.png
Views:	88
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	60609

Comment

I'd tend to agree, It also looks like you might be experiencing some nutrient issues. maybe some watering issues as well. There is some drooping and spotting you should check into_ especially since they are just starting to flower. They will come on pretty fast now if they are healthy and you want them as robust as possible or your harvest will suffer. Check out the tutorials on watering and nutrients here on GWE.
                    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
                    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Åmbrosia
                      Åmbrosia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you. It's my first and did have a lot of issues. I will do better next time.

I had PH issues, stem break, over watering, and some nute of issues. As a beginner I did okay, next one should be much better. I'll let you guys know . Thank you everyone, for sharing your knowledge.

Comment

Sounds like you made allot of the the typical beginner mistakes. You will get better and better every new grow.
                      Organic only soil grower
                      Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
                      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• Åmbrosia
                        Åmbrosia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Believe I did alright, it being my first. After my tiny harvest. I'll start over, and it will be much better. Thanks for the advice and support.

Nebula once said that everyone sooner or later_ well most of us anyway_ :~)_ end up experiencing.....issues. I thought I'd been really lucky as I had't had any problems with my first three grows.
                      Well my turn was just around the corner. At the begging of my current grow I had a bunch of issues with what turned out to be under watering and too much light too early. I had changed both my growing medium and lights and had to get them dialed in. Now things are going great, much relief there for sure. You'll get it right for sure, just keep growing and following the great advise from everyone in the forum and from all the awesome information on GWE!
                      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Åmbrosia
                        Åmbrosia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i had a lot of watering issues, too much mostly, ph was a nightmare. i ended up scrapping that plant, one night it had fallen over and didn't get any water. Poor things been through so much. I am starting over trying coco. I come to this site with any and every issue i have everyone here is so awesome.

The grow I'm doing now is the first time I've used all coco/perlite mixed (60/40) with 2" of grow stones in the bottom of the pots. The issue's I had at first were related to a lack of water and too dry humidity_being paranoid about overwatering I waited until the pots were too dry. By the end of the day the leaves would be droopy_ but they looked great in the morning. The combination of too low humidity (<40-45%) and under watering was causing the young plants to draw more water into their leaves than their structure could support. Once the lights were off photosynthesis stopped so they could didn't draw near as much water so they recovered during the dark period looking healthy the next morning. This continued every day until I got the humidity between 50-65% and started watering them every day until I got 10% runout.If they started drooping right after watering then I wouldn't water them for a day. Coco drains really fast but holds on to moisture as well, yet continues to maintain good oxygen supply. I talked with a commercial grower who uses coco as well and he told me not to wait until the pots felt light to water, or to let the top inch get dry like when using soil.

Once I started doing this the plants really started to take off. Now they are just getting into flowering and I'm using 1/2 strength nutrients with every watering until I get 10-20% runout. Then every 3rd watering I use Ph 5.5 water only (no nutrients) to help flush them out a bit until I get 25% runout. They are doing really well now. One thing I'd do is flush the coco really well before using it_ regardless of how much it says that it has been washed previously by the manufacturer.Use water with a PH of 5.5-6.0. Let it drain completely before putting it in the pots. Wash it until the outflow is pretty clear. Then follow the advise for seedlings and growing in coco in the tutorials _(especially the recommended humidity of 50-65% and nutrient schedule for each stage of development).
                      Hope this helps. Have fun!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X