Hermie banana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermie banana?

Not quite sure if this is a hermie banana, but I plucked it. Never seen a hermie on a bud before. Let me know what y'all think

It looks like a 'nanner' to me! Here's a photo from my last grow.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0735.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	57497Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0739.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	57498Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0740.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	57499 They are green, but 'nanners' nun the less (sorry for the rotation, have not figured that out yet)
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Think most of us have been "nannered"!
      GLORIOUS images!

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tika, I think that I have fixed the problem, knock on wood! (knuckles rapping on my head! lol). I put in a light curtain at the entry way and blackout curtains on the window. My current grow is farther along now than when the nanners showed up on the last grow, so maybe, the problem has been fixed (fingers crossed!).

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      I had never seem a lime green banana either! I added your picture to the page and mentioned that sometimes they appear more green than yellow! http://www.growweedeasy.com/male-pla...ermies#bananas

Bummer. Oh well. Live and learn! Thanks for confirming! Caught it early so I'm hoping it didn't pollinate. You still have a good harvest from that plant? Potency wise.

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the bud was very nice so I am hoping that the seeds from the hermied plants will 'carry on the tradition' (see the above comment)

• Jacuna94
      Jacuna94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome. I did have a little nite burn. Did a flush over 4 days and then I saw this. Maybe it was the nute burn. Maybe it was the flush. Not quite sure but both are taken care of! Thanks.

If you only saw one banana and you got rid of it already, I wouldn't worry too much, especially if you don't have other plants in the grow room that could be pollinated. Just keep a close eye out for more! If it's hot or you have light leaks, I wouldn't definitely try to fix those as that can trigger hermies (as can other types of stress). But if you're on top of it, and it sounds like you are, you may not see many/any seeds

Comment

• Jacuna94
      Jacuna94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I only saw one. I'll be keeping an eye out for them! Thank you! I will be double and type checking from now on.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X