Experienced growers please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experienced growers please help

Facts that might help: I started germination back in December, it started in rock wool, then was transplanted to the solo cup, I will try to upload a picture of the dirt I used but I know for a fact that it's like a starter dirt so it just needed to be fed no added anything in the dirt. The water I use is pH tested before I feed the plant, right now I've been feeding the plant about every 2-3 days depending on the weight of the cup. I give it about 2 shot glasses (60mL) of water when I do feed it. The temperature stays in between 70-79 degrees Fahrenheit and the humidity I will admit has been not too steady I try to keep it around 70-75% but it goes from 60-70% The problems started around the beginning of this month 02/10- Today. So far I have tried watering it a bit more because I thought I wasn't feeding it enough, then lowering the humidity in case it's over watering, I also opened up the drain holes at the bottom a bit more. I will be updating with more pictures later today if the plants condition worsens.

It is really stretching up there, so perhaps more light a little closer. Your 'dirt' has more questions than answers, so maybe a transplant to fresh 'dirt' might help get things going. Just my thoughts.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

What lights are u useing and how far are they from the plant seem to be to far as the plant is lengthy. Do u have holes poked in the side of the cups so the roots can get oxygen? U may be not giving ur roots oxygen also how's ur aerogation in the soil? What ph do you use how old from sprout is ur plant and what's the strain?

Comment

In my option I would use perlight 1/3 to promix that's what iv used and had good success

Comment

This is the soil I put it in. I honestly want to keep it as simple as possible. The strain is a mystery I just had a group of seeds and this is the last one standing.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Soil.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	57006

Comment

The light is an LED light I can't tell you much more about it right now since I'm not home. I might have it a bit far because I had burnt a plant before this one so if anything I was a little too cautious on the distance. I will bring it a bit closer and see what happens. Thank you!

Comment

The reason I was asking about the distance is because the stem is very long witch indicates that the plants working to hard to get enough light. When u get home can u tell me what kinda light u have and how far it is. Iv never used that soil a quick test of aerogation is get a cup of it and get it wet with about 2 or 3 table spoons of water and see how soggy and saturated it gets and how it drains when held in ur hand if it retains water a lot it means ur roots wount get the oxygen it needs

Comment

Oxygen and light are major importance

Comment

Those look light starved to me I'm afraid.
                  If they germinated in December they're really behind schedule. Typically I expect a node of growth a week at this stage.
                  Do you know where your seeds came from?

I saw Red Rum at the Cheltenham races way back when
                  Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

On an average guess would ur seeds be indica or sativa? Just because they like things difffertly. The more info u can give the better it is to help

Comment

Like others say, looks like light strech to me. I germinate in a solo cup and transfer to permanent pot within 10 days of sprouting.
                      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
                      315 LEC
                      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
                      6" Carbon filter
                      3- 6" fans
                      humidifier
                      temp and humidity gauge
                      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
                      FF trio nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X