Just threw lighting into 12/12 to rush everything along due to emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just threw lighting into 12/12 to rush everything along due to emergency

Figured the issues when I started were bad, I just canceled the shed because I'm now forced to move so threw the lighting into 12/12 in attempts to sex my plants without having to make anymore clones so I can clear out most of the in-needed plants. Went to replace a bad outlet to find out the entire house was wired with heavy gage speaker wire with the shielding crumbling, then heard water to find out a main drain line was broken under half the house so checked even further, to realize the place I been renting 12 years is worse than falling apart. To repair the line means tearing up the floor, to replace wiring means tearing out the sheetrock and removing all the old wiring first then replacing it because the chemical reaction making the casing break down will cause the new as well to do the same. Been after my landlord for years for even more dangerous issues to find out not fixed either so contacted the landlord about needing the repairs done, and sure enough already knew the answer before hearing back, the place has to be leveled and rebuilt. So got to move and definitely not paying to move all those plants lol. I'll keep a few of the best.

Originally posted by mcruderalis
    Lord X ,sending out good vibes(positive thinking,?,Oms?) ,,I know what your going through, Friday was my last day at my 10 year job(with housing included) I was given two weeks notice and ordered to vacate property by Mar.1st. Must move or throw away 10 years of clutter.Luck would have it the winter weather is mild and my girls are outside getting use to being out of their grow shed and homeless.At least I have property out in the middle of nowhere for them to go,and an old 85 motorhome to get out of the rain.But at 63 years old and a bad right arm it won't be easy.
    Keep Your Head High and Your Pride Intact. When One Door Closes Another One Opens!!!
    Feel Free To Private Message Me and Vent (cuss,bitch or complain)I've got a special friend here whose helping me make sense of it all,who at least listens and keeps my spirits up !
    Now,you do too !
    Thanks mcruderalis . I found a few places decently priced, less than what I pay now and every home I saw that looks interesting already has a shed =) Just got to find out Monday what needs to get done and also look up other things like back property taxes, and such. Friend of my parents 20 years ago bought a restaurant that was actually doing well, yet got closed down 6 months later because the county seized the property after finding out back taxes were due on the property. A mistake I plan not to make. I have two children (not the ones you smoke, the talkative type) and pets, which was the other reason I decided to buy this time around instead of rent.

Comment

heavy gage speaker wire? DOES THAT MEET THE BUILDING CODE IN YOUR TOWN?

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
        Lord-Xanthor commented
        Editing a comment
        dontknownuttin It actually breaks code in every US state. I used to work for an Electrician pulling cable and installing outlets and data lines. From what I was told, the owner of the front house got tired of his in-laws living with his family so decided to build an addition as he was a house designer or something to that effect and gather used whatever was cheap. After I discovered the wiring, this morning I pulled the power blocks for the really bad zones and just ran a few temp lines that follow the code for my state and when I move will take it all with me in case I need to make changes in the new home. The monster cable I have never seen this type before. Seen every version RadioShack, Sears, Home Depot, Digikey ever sold and this though it can handle the load, gets pretty warm with a regular load like computers, tv on it. Its the shielding that's bad. Ever see a rubber band around some old letters that's 10 years+ ? It leaves a residue and just crumbles. That's this shielding. Doing dishes manually in buckets and shut off the water supply to the kitchen so the drains can't be used. Don't want a sinkhole opening up under the kitchen anytime soon.

Lord-x........Dude....just read this....I'm so sorry for your predicament........I'm adding to mcruderalis's sent out good vibes....I hope everything is settled soon and to your satisfaction dude😀😀🌱🌿🌲 growers love to you and family🌱🌿🌲😀😀
      The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
        Lord-Xanthor commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Vapo69. Have a few months to move so for once not procrastinating to last minute like I tend to.

Wish the best to both of you guys....Damn....life is always a ride...hold on and keep your heads high....haha..pun intended

Comment

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn...what a story...so you are well versed in keeping your head high....good luck man!!

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, what a crazy story... You could write a book!

• Lord-Xanthor
        Lord-Xanthor commented
        Editing a comment
        The things I been through, make that issue look like a broken egg. Funny you should mention writing a book, because I actually was but instead due to my kids seeing it, changed it to an RPG game that I been working on for several years now.

Just diverted another disaster. The clones I took yesterday I took big and small. The propagators amazon sent me which advertised 7" dome 3" tray, turned out to be 7" total. Dome was 5" and tray 2". I used one and talked with amazon who apologized and sent a tag for the remainders and told me they are re-sending the proper size. Today nothing came so double checked and found the replacement order just non existent so called to find out without even messaging me they canceled the replacement and said they would give me a gift credit once they got the others back. Moment I stated chargeback they said they fixed it to go back to card, then noticed a bunch of orders for moving supplies so messed up, that I just canceled everything and left a note to delivery on the gate that any Amazon item is to be RTS. I had to toss some large clones, they were far to gone to save. Without a lot of moisture over here, they wilt and die fast. I was mixing up a gallon of PH balanced water looking at my large clones wondering which ones will most likely be gone by tomorrow thinking of taping together a few thick plastic sheets used for art then realizing their too flimsy, and trying to shrink them then using them just a waste so no proof it would work and all along the answer was right in front of me. Cut off the top of the gallon water bottles, put the clones inside, spray, punch 4 holes in the top for venting, and several hours later, their much healthier. Also canceled our service with Amazon, for now, and got my supplies from the local stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord-Xanthor View Post
        Figured the issues when I started were bad, I just canceled the shed because I'm now forced to move so threw the lighting into 12/12 in attempts to sex my plants without having to make anymore clones so I can clear out most of the in-needed plants. Went to replace a bad outlet to find out the entire house was wired with heavy gage speaker wire with the shielding crumbling, then heard water to find out a main drain line was broken under half the house so checked even further, to realize the place I been renting 12 years is worse than falling apart. To repair the line means tearing up the floor, to replace wiring means tearing out the sheetrock and removing all the old wiring first then replacing it because the chemical reaction making the casing break down will cause the new as well to do the same. Been after my landlord for years for even more dangerous issues to find out not fixed either so contacted the landlord about needing the repairs done, and sure enough already knew the answer before hearing back, the place has to be leveled and rebuilt. So got to move and definitely not paying to move all those plants lol. I'll keep a few of the best.
        lordx look up rental laws and contact your city inspector, build a case now and get your money back!!!!!!!!

Comment

If you want to speed it up more increase your dark period, it'll make the plant think winter is coming fast
          Grow and good luck
          Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
            Lord-Xanthor commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the information I needed and cleared out the plants that were autos, except one, and the ones I really don't want in flower mode yet, only showed maybe 2 to 3 buds per plant so put the lighting to 18/6 and am now removing the plants I need cleared out during the day and part of the cycle where the lights are off so they only get about 8 to 10 hours of light a day now. The others I hope end up back in veg mode, especially my GSC. I don't want her budding yet and already got 16 good clones off her where 8 of the 24 died which I knew might happen due to Amazon messing up my clone boxes and sending me the wrong ones and by the time I got the correct ones, 8 of them died leaving me with 16. I'm clearing out my pineapple Kush. I still find it strange that all but two plants were female. I think MSNL gave me feminized seeds. The only males were Mazzor and those were freebies.

Went through my journal and discovered something that I think might be the cause of all my Mangos dying. The plant is trying to grow, but had never grew roots once they were transplanted into the gallon pots like my other plants had. They had been in Solo cups for 3 weeks, and what I think happened, was they were in there too long and root growth stopped. Unfortunately, the plant kept growing and the root system couldn't support it. Even though the pistils were mostly dead, and the plant dying, I didn't see much bud development worth saving so I took all the dying plants, collected what I could to dry, and threw the rest of the plant matter minus the stems into a plastic bag, the same one I been using and tossed it into the freezer. Least I can cook out something for later, and has helped greatly with the space issue. And less plants to take with me when I move.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            hey lord I just transplanted a bunch of clones but I had 5 that were standing tall with no roots they looked healthy just never grew roots. thats why I take a bunch of them at a time cause not all make it

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170218_012852.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	57757Click image for larger version  Name:	20170218_012848.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	57758 8 out of 10 plants were female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am shocked!!!!!!!!! Had to use a magnifier because my camera wouldn't focus so small an area. After checking 10 plants so far, only 8 were female and 2 male. The pointy buds were a dead giveaway. The male ones looked like pin size lettuce heads. Once I'm done sexing all my plants and toss the males, would putting the lights back to 24/7 force them back to veg mode? HUGE thanks to NebulaHaze for your fantastic tutorial with all those pictures!!!!!!! And big thanks to all who have helped me too!!!!!!! Please tell me I'm not crazy. Pictures above are Nevile Haze.

Going to post more pictures in a little bit. I just got done going over all my unknown plants and was starting to second guess myself because all of them were showing female. So I started going over them again, which was when I got my second confirmation. Using a tweezer I moved the small leafs to the sides on the top of several plants, and sure enough, the ones on the top hidden by the new foliage, had hairs sticking out of them. Checking them all now, but if they all have hairs, that's going to mean 100% female? Wondering if my seed supplier gave me feminized seeds.
          Last edited by Lord-Xanthor; 02-18-2017, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Why am I not surprised after double checking, and triple checking, found two males in the lot. Here is a picture as follows. Out of 23 plants, only 2 turned out to be male.
            Last edited by Lord-Xanthor; 02-19-2017, 05:20 AM.

Comment

That's great! For any plants you're unsure about, you'll be able to confirm the gender in just a little bit when all the white pistils come out!

Comment

Thanks NebulaHaze . I was able to find all sexes today. The clones actually showed them first, so cleared out the male ones too which gave me a lot more room now that I was able to take one of the two clone trays out of the tent. Each plant showed an average of 3 buds so I threw the lighting back to 18/6 in hopes of forcing the plants I want to take with me back into vegetative state and the ones I want to clear out I pull from the tent when I get up and put back in when I go to bed which gives those specific ones about 8 to 10 hours of light a day. I have one Big Bud Auto left which surprisingly is huge and healthy compared to its siblings that grew about a foot tall then stopped.

Comment

NebulaHaze I have another story for you that is about to come to an end in April as I just got done writing the subpoenas. April 12, 2016 I was to recieve new computer parts which my daughter would later on use to build her first server and her brothers. For some reason the company chose to use On-Trac to ship instead of UPS despite a flag on my account not to after he was caught throwing my last shipment at a feral cat which hangs out on my property. Anyway, it so happens that it turns out to be the same idiot and I was in Back leaving food for the feral cat. As I turned the corner I caught the guy yet again throwing the parcels over the fence but this time at my daughters indoor cat who managed to squeeze through the partially open door and was resting at the bottom of the steps. what he threw at the cat hit a ceramic plant pot above shattering it and dropping pieces of glass raining down on my daughters cat below. I was about to go after the guy when I saw my kids cat losing a lot of blood and dragging something that I find to my horror is its almost severed rear leg so called a cab while I held her getting very cut up by claws and teeth because I had to stem the bleeding or shed die before we got to animal ER. The vet was able to reconnect the tendons and muscle and saved her life and leg and a year later she runs and jumps without an issue. When it happened my daughter was fearful of losing her kitty because last cat she got was a feral that would constantly claw the screens out to get outside and that one got hit by car and vet couldn't save so put it down and my daughter somehow got it into her head that vets ment death to pets. I assured her this wasnt the case. Anyway, ontrac kept blowing me off and even blocked my phone numbers to evade responsibility. Obviously they said something to driver as my shipper used them again for my daughters new pc case and we both watched in horror as he put it down and urinated inside the box. Btw both times the pd said this was a civil matter and let the guy get away with it. That ends when I go to court in April. My daughter is coming to as well to testify and make sure they pay every penny back and then some. Ill give an update once a decision is made.

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
                    Lord-Xanthor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just got home from court today. On-Trac's about to get a nice surprise later next week =) April 26 1:30pm. The company kept giving me false info and I actually found their CA address doing a IP reverse lookup. By the way, the kitty that got injured by them, is the same little sneak that keeps finding ways into the tent to grab a few nibbles. Wonder is she's looking for pain control. >_<

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    she might be looking for pain control or just wants a buzz lol have you tried cat nip I put it in my veggie garden to help curb squash bugs but anyway I pulled most of the plants and hung them in barn I had every neighborhood cat coming over for a buzz daily during the summer hahah. try a little bud and see if she eats it. I have a little white faced cockateil that will steal and eat whatever is left out ,whenever Im twisting one up shes right there trying to get hers (I give her a little but she prefers to steal it)

I cant take pictures till I move the plants into the new tent tomorrow. The growth spurt after I changed the lighting back to 16/8 a week later after sexing has caused the plants to grow into a thick jungle where you cant see where one plant starts and one ends other than this one sick one. I have a THC Bomb plant that is sick in a weird way. Every fan leaf from the bottom to the top has turned yellow, curled in and many turned brown and died but the off shoots seem fine. Its the fan leafs that are single and don't branch off that are doing this. The branches that move off into more sections are fine, except for the dying single leaf fan leafs. Soon as I move the plants into the new tent, Ill take pictures.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X