Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plant problems ? Help my identify my Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant problems ? Help my identify my Problem?

Hey Growers! Need some help from you guys being a first time grower im facing issues with my plants leaves having discolouration and they are not healthy as you can have a look in the pictures. Some of the tips are yellow and they have spots. What can my problem be over here ? Help me out !!! First time grower NEED YOUR GUIDANCE. My growing medium is coco and i have been having issues with my PH which is still not sorted out as i live in Pakistan and dont have access to PH UP DOWN soulutions. Is there anything other than PH that im facing please rule it out? Do i need to be worried let me know. What should i do to over come this and grow healthy leaves???
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zack; 02-06-2017, 03:45 AM.

My phone isn't compatible with this website and so I only uploaded a couple photos but your plants look reasonably OK. I don't see overfeeding and I think your main problem iwill be the pH. You need to have a good pH tester and you need to have a way to adjust ph. You do not need absolutely need commercial pH up or down though they are best -there are several substitutes, especially for ph down.

For ph down you can use vinegar, lemon juice, or citric acid though they aren't ideal. you should be able to get sulfuric acid fairly easily, usually diluted to 33% for use in vehicle batteries. Do not use acid from a battery (in case that's not completely obvious) - buy it new from an auto supply. It works well and is perfectly safe as ph down ", especially when diluted. If you go that route I can get you more info.

For ph+ there is baking soda. I haven't used this. It is sodium so as a salt it can be bad for your plants in large quantities-but for normal quantities needed in adjustment of ph you shouldn't have any problems.
    The ph+ used in pools and spas may be fine as well- if there are any pools or spas where you are which there may not be. That's what I usually use, in the form of sodium hydroxide (caustic soda). Another sodium- but the quantities used to shift ph are so small that it's not an issue.

Bottom line is- you need ph control. You'll need a ph meter.. But there are various substitutes for the ph up and down which you'll be able to find if you do some searching.

Comment

• Zack
      Zack commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay will have a look into this. Where will PH tester drops be available?

• Weasel
      Weasel commented
      Editing a comment
      Ph equipment can be found in use for aquariums (fish tanks).

• Zack
      Zack commented
      Editing a comment
      Great bud thanks

I use this PH tester.
    Attached Files

Comment

Your basically telling me to buy the battery water you get at petrol stations which you fill in batteries? Let me try that and see i hope it helps in keeping the PH stable. Thanks a million dude. I owe you several grams of weed now.. show me a way to ship it to you now haha !!! Roll one smoke one !!

Comment

• Weasel
        Weasel commented
        Editing a comment
        Well no. That's not really what I'm telling you or what I wrote. . Not water.
        I think you're going to have to do a bunch more research on how to get some ph+ and ph- and what those substances are.
        That meter you have is completely useless for ph. They are just cheap junk and don't work.
        If you can find the ph test drops where you add two solutions together and then look at the colour- those are ok. Not accurate enough, but way better than what you have now.
        Last edited by Weasel; 02-06-2017, 02:53 PM.

Your ph tester is a lot better than mine. Not only is the unit I bought not accurately measuring ph, it struggles to accurately measure moisture content.
      I am only able to determine root zone ph by measuring runoff water.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Zack
        Zack commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh really weasel says my PH meter is crap and it aint doing the job i doubt it. Most of the people say it doesnt work havent read any positive reviews on it either honestly...

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        Perhaps you could pick up one of the color change kits and compare some run off to your meter reading?

Because of my recents experiences, I'm overly sensitive to the possibility of insect infestation, but the white spots could be where they fed and the black spots could be poop. Maybe thrips or spider mites? Go to GWE to read about thrips and spider mites.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• Zack
        Zack commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay buddy

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X