Pest control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pest control

How can I get rid of an ant issue in my garage closet that has now made it to my mediums

I used a ant hotel, that contained something that they took back to the queen and killed her thus destroying the colony.
    Thos was suggested by a professional and it worked. Cannot rember name, but purchased it at Home Depot.
    Growing 4 plants: 2 Superman, 1 Atomic, and 1 monster Cookies.
    2 x 4 x 5' iPower tent
    300w Platunim LED, supplementing 'sweet spot' with 2 Taotronic 37w lights
    Blackgold Coco amended soil mix
    Fox Farm Nutrients
    Tap is 8.5, adjusting with vinegar

Comment

Can ants destroy your plants

Comment

don't know about destroying plants. most ants don't. we have camellias that ants are infamously drawn to, so I use these every spring for a few weeks and they're gone.

Comment

I like the product Seven I use that in my veg garden every yr even safe nuff to dust my vegs in the mornings when dew is on them prob is they r already nesting in my medium so much that the bucket is extremely heavy there's so many in there

Comment

harvester ants are usually the only ones that attack weed. Most ants wont bother it. Depending on the type of ant they might be attracted to the nutes. Most ants won't destroy the garden but they can become a big pain when infested. They got in my well pump once and fried the switch from all their bodies making electric contact. The best thing to get rid of almost all ants is a product called Amdro. They take it to the queen she eats it dies and no more nest. It kills them so quickly and completely I sometimes feel bad for them. I only use it when no other choice. Ants are easier to live with on an outdoor grow.

Comment

• desertdan
              desertdan commented
              Editing a comment
              I forgot that the worst thing about the small ants is that they help and protect afids. They are symbiotic.

I've found that ants don't like cinnamon sprinkle around plants no more ants.lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X