saw these at Lowe's, may be useful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw these at Lowe's, may be useful

i don't know, to me they look like tiny germination pots...lots of air, yet looks like it would hold soil, coco, perlite, whatever. they've got a bottom part that could be cut to size too.

also, i'm sure this has happened to everyone, but since i started seriously undertaking to grow, it's like, i dunno, i suddenly got grow goggles put on my face. like i look at stuff now, just even regular ol' stuff, and i'm thinking i could maybe use that to X... hey that might work for Y and it's FREE.... or i'll be just you know, out in the world, like at my friends' house the other day, he's got a huge upstairs that he never ever uses...and in my head i'm like that could be a WHOLE FLOOR of grow!!
    "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

I totally know what you mean...I am forever looking at different shit trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my grows...I have a pile of crap I will most likely never use..lol...it will never stop....ever

Comment

now i feel better...lol!

Comment

oh, and i stupidly forgot to put something in the pic for scale...doh... they're 2 1/2" tall and 2 1/4" diameter on top, taper slightly (see pic)

Comment

I do the same shit any time I go anywhere or pass anything on the side of the road

Comment

Netpot for seeds lol!!Also tank filter,feed pipe splitter for flodding...Many things!!I to hoard shit in my yard so "i can use it to make something later on" and now what im looking into is DIY vibration-proof hangers/rubbers for hanging normal fans off the bars in tents!! Hey this is a beautiful game,trust me you're not alone in this one,countless wackos like us out there doing extreme shit we wouldn't think about!!Glad to see We Are Many <3
            Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
            600W

LED
            2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
            BioBizzLight Mix
            Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
            Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
            Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
            CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
            Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• bobsakamoto
              bobsakamoto commented
              Editing a comment
              Nartak, the force is strong with us... 🌱🕺🎓👩‍🔬👨‍🌾

man, so many kindred spirits---sooo cooool!!

seriously, i feel like one of the long time best parts of my life--DIY mofo, collecting other people's leftovers and turning them into something else, fixing old shit just for the fun of it/because i can, why would i pay $$$ for that when i could make it myself for $, etc, etc, etc., just got introduced to a "new" best part of my life (always dreamt about growing, never had the guts to do it til now) and they're gonna make beautiful music together .......ONLY out of leftover stuff on the side of the road along with hair traps from the hardware store. LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Green75 View Post
              I totally know what you mean...I am forever looking at different shit trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my grows...I have a pile of crap I will most likely never use..lol...it will never stop....ever
              I am told a carbon filter cuts down on the "pile of crap" smell.

Comment

Only problem with those Hair catchers: you wouldn't want the baby roots extending through the holes, unless you planned to simply place the hair catcher in soil or whatever medium, because it would be dangerous to extricate the rapid rooter or whatever from the hair catcher and not break roots.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Nartak
                  Nartak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeap sounds about right!Then again netpots are used from start to harvest no?

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, the big netpot is where the plant stays. So yeah, if you were putting the hair strainer into a larger net pot suspended in your hydro setup, you could just put the hair strainer in your medium in the larger pot...

i know, that's why i said it was cuttable to size/as needed because that was the only real drawback i saw to them...otoh, if you you're a careful transplanter, they're pretty cool cuz just squeeze gently and they should come out whole... but i don't know about hydro sooo

Comment

Exactly Alltatup,,,(neverused,,but will some day) Net pots and (3 gal?),,5 gal,,lids As One Piece. Thinking I know a paint store sell new empty 7,5 gal. up to 10 gal. buckets.
                  Now recently I see GWE or the forums mentions net pot splitting.Which means I have to throw away lid/net pot and all away if it split.

Another was 'just' net pots.Why didn't I take out my ruler/tape measure an see. I get a 2 1/2 inch high by 1 1/2 - (if it was 2 inches at all) net pot.
                  What could you possibly grow (hydrponically in that ?)
                  but seeing these solo cups drow and whose to say bobsakamoto hair strainers wouldn't crack (in all the right places with the help of an utilitie knife or blade.?

put the rapid rooter in the hydroton in the hair basket in your big hydro grow pots(not now thought keep it in a clear soda cup btil you sees thewhite of its eyes(roots)

small yes but cutting the hair/net pot in the right places when its ready to go in bigger net pots (with reservoir,,pumps,,& air stones.) may excelerate its growth,yet still in a media that is transplant friendly to hydro

Growing in dirt I get faster growth from transplanting ( read Negulas' tutorial on in at QWE) solo cups to 1gal. white platic bag pots to the final clothe pot.

So instead of having a seedling in a rapid rooter in a quart (or bigger)net pot in 5 to 7 to 10 gal tuperware reservoir hoping to keep it alive. One could keep it in a solo cup and humidity dome til its roopts and plant was bigger and ready for the reservoir.

Oh,,, sorry,,,"hello" ,,,I'm sila ,,,'for now anyway' !
                  Last edited by sila'red'u-r; 01-22-2017, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Welcome Sila!

Great topic Bob. I love finding stuff and thinking "I could grow pot with that!" Here's my favorite recent find: the rotisserie cloner! It's the rotisserie chicken container from Costco. It fits 6 smaller cuts in little plastic sauce cups (like from the salsa cart at a (real) taco joint, why didn't I grab a stack while I was there?) that I filled with coco-perlite, or a rapid rooter stabilized with coco-perlite. What's funny is I don't even need this shit. I have a rapid rooter humidity dome, but this is more fun!
                    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

dingus....you def got skillz... that's brilliant.

also, i'm sorry about the loss of your pupadog....(saw on other thread)

Comment

• DingusKhan
                        DingusKhan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Bob, but not so much skills as a need to do stoopid shit, just to see what it would look like. We had that chicken for dinner the other night, and I've been picking up things saying "I could grow pot in this", so my wife has taken to mocking me. She was rinsing it out before tossing it into recycling, and asked "can you grow pot in this?"

Well, there you have it.

And thanks, Duncan and I learned a lot about using herb to make life better. He was his mommie's special-needs boy the whole time we had him. We got him when I was applying for a temp job away for a year. So we got mommy a big scary dog (puppy) and a shot gun. Good thing we got the shot gun because the big scary dog turned out completely pathetic. Sweet, but pathetic.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X