Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time grower here looking for some tips or tricks or something to help me out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first time grower here looking for some tips or tricks or something to help me out!

UUPDATE!!!!!!!! I have 4 plants that are all a 5 weeks old today and they just don't seem to be growing anymore?? I have been getting yellow and brown dots on my lower leaves as well but I did cut them off because they were nothing better then dead.. I have gave them nutrients for the first time 2 waters ago..my humidity is 50% my temp is anywhere from 75F to 80F my pH is always 6.5 on the dot Im stuck please help! all plants are 5 weeks old and only about 5 inches tall UPDATE!!!!! AFTER TRANSPLANT GAVE THEM A GOOD NUTRITION WATER AND THERE BACK TO THERE NORMAL SELF AND LOOKING GOOD!!
    Last edited by Minnesotabrandon; 11-11-2016, 12:35 PM. Reason: Plants are looking 100% better after the transplant! Ill post pics asap!!

Hi there, and welcome! What exactly is the medium it's growing in? Am I seeing large bark chips? Nebula has mentioned that somehow cannabis does not do well in that. I wonder if that's why they're so small. Stay tuned...you will probably be getting some more expert advice soon. Good luck!
    Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
    Recent grows...
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

• Minnesotabrandon
      Minnesotabrandon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes there are some bigger Chunks of bark will it be okay to remove them now or is it to late? Also what light schedule should they be on?
      Last edited by Minnesotabrandon; 11-10-2016, 01:23 AM.

Id say they need a transplant to a bigger pot and maybe some magnesium. It also looks like overwatering or maybe too little light

Comment

holy cow...transplant ...water...and bend it over as much as possible...to stimulate side growth

Comment

Exactly root bound. Small pot. Needs water. What lighting?

Comment

It does look like a lot of bark chips in your soil. Get a mix that has nice dark loose soil mixed with perlite. Transfer to bigger pots and make sure they have drainage hole. Check the pH of your water. should be between 6 and 6.5 Water thoroughly until you see at least a little run off. Then allow to dry before watering again. At least that is a start.

Do you have access to a garden supply store? If so, just get a nice organic soil with a good amount of perlite mixed in. Fox Farm is a highly recommended brand, though I don't have that where I live. You can order it online. I used a soil called Baccto. Was wonderful. They say that Miracle Grow soil is not good because of the time released nutrients.

Comment

• insomniaczzz
            insomniaczzz commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL - well then I guess the soil isn't the problem.

• berrypilot
            berrypilot commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw Nebula saw once that you should fish out chips in the soil if you see them. 🌲 She said that they're made from wood that didn't get fully composted yet!!!! In fact, I read that "seedling soil" is actually just regular composted soil, but they sift it so only the super fine composted particles make it through! It seems like the really fine composted stuff is "easy to eat" for plants, then as they get older they are stronger and can deal with the wood chips!!!! ✨

• r3m1
            r3m1 commented
            Editing a comment
            also miracle grow soil is to compacted, it does not allow a great amount of air to pass thru the plants soil, to allow oxygen in the roots.

Welcome to the jungle!!! the spot are from ph being to high for the soil you have it needs to be at 6.0 to 6.2 because the soil is not ideal compared to the super soils.Trans plant into bigger pots and get better soil. If your plants are small like they are the amount of water I use at that size is 1 cup per day per plant or 9 oz. per day also if your not getting any variation on your soil ph your meter might not be working properly.

Comment

Wow thanks everyone! Im going to transplant them tommorow! How big of a pot should they go in? Also im using a 600watt pink red and blue led hydroponics lights also should they be under light 24/7? Becuase they are..

Comment

18/6 is great for them they need there rest too! I have to yell u I'm kind of shocked the last couple runs of bag seeds they where in a solo cup and shot up over 2 ft I was always bending, super cropping, trimming. I do have to say they look good tho if u move your light further away they will stretch more. But like green75 said bend or tie over after u get transplanted to get that side growth groving!! No worries man you will get them straightened out they will be growing like crazy soon!!

Comment

Perfect! Once i transplant them ill switch to a 18/6 then start training them! Thanks again everyone ill keep you updated as they hopefully get bigger and better!

Comment

• r3m1
                  r3m1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  try to do alot of LST after a good water, allowing the stems to bend and move easy.

Sounds like everything should be ideal. Fox farm is great soil, environment is good, light should be fine.

Theyre so small for 5 weeks. If the transplant doesn't work I would consider genetics as a possible issue. What are they?

Comment

• Minnesotabrandon
                  Editing a comment
                  I forget the name but there are from Colorado dispensary so they should be good genetics... I wanna say they are white widow

could part of my problem be that I have them under 24 hours of light constantly?

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesotabrandon View Post
                  could part of my problem be that I have them under 24 hours of light constantly?
                  Lots of people run 24/0 with good results.

I think most feel the plants need some time off from constantly photosynthesizing. At least 4 hours of dark is bare minimum for me.

Comment

• r3m1
                    r3m1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    a plant sleeps and do need rest, id say from clone to 2 weeks veg 24 hours then bring down slowly so drop 2 hours a week til optimal time wanted. 18/6 is optimal in veg ant 12/12 flower.

Originally posted by Royal Nugs View Post

Lots of people run 24/0 with good results.

I think most feel the plants need some time off from constantly photosynthesizing. At least 4 hours of dark is bare minimum for me.
                  okay cool im going to start giving them some time in the dark after I transplant them to bigger pots...what is the best way to transplant them? and is what is the easiest way to mess the plant up when im transplanting it so that I make sure I don't do it lol and again thanks for your help very appreciated

Comment

You're in luck. Nebula has you covered.

Did you know that transplanting your cannabis at just the right time will actually make your plants to grow faster? Luckily transplanting is easy with a little planning, and only take a few minutes!

Comment

• Minnesotabrandon
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! Also im using a 600watt led hydro light that should work for them right?

• Karlee
                      Karlee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi Minnesota

I keep my 600 watt about 15 inches from them, you can burn the plants . What are you Vegging with?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X