buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buds

After first topping, and LST, and the new growth appears, when the new growth gets taller is it best to top again or do more LST to get more buds, thanks for any info

Topping the plant will split it into more branches, which could result in a larger yield. LST will shape the plant and allow for better light penetration. The thing about topping (at least from my experience) is the more you top the plant the wider and shorter it will grow. Likewise, the less you do it the taller and narrower it will grow. LST can be done with or without topping and I recommend it to get better light dispersal but topping more than once is more of how you want your plant to grow. Hope this helps.
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

Hey Jeff1961
      I just tied down, removed 5 fans and position the 6 main grow tips from a plant I topped three days ago. I will continue to grow the six main tops horizontally and evenly till they reach the pots edge, by this time my center growth tips will be slowly and selectively remove leaving only healthy, chosen ones to grow to buds. Last grow I topped the 6 main tips at this point, switched to 12/12, and slow down my LST over 2-3 week not sure if I'll top this one a second time some Peps say you get more, smaller colas.topping will slow down your tips for other to catch up, but there was points last grow I wished I didn't a second time. This is specific to what I'm doing and got me 20 some colas last go, Here's a pic from tonight.
      hope this helps.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

hey Jeff both ellz and mr furley are right in both examples .I like to top more than once .I usually top when the plant has good growth on the new growth stems that splits it to 2 main stems but I leave the bottom 4 or 5 nodes they will grow now as they catch up with the main stems I top both ,the goal is to keep the canopy flat with as many tops as possible, I like to have at least 20 top kolas usually more , If my plants are 3 feet tall they are usually 3 feet around. now that being said I recently tried manifolding like mr.furly described on autos that turned out amazing so I'm planing on manifolding my next photo grow
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thank alot I need all the help I can get

Comment

Hey jeff1961 what kind of plant are you growing? Autos don't really grow long enough to be topped 4 or 5 times an still make decent bud.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

White widow,its not auto

Comment

This grow box I have is 2x2x2 , my plant is 6 inches, I read I have to keep it 12 inches from the light, so I have to really push LST , that's what I need to know , and topping, thinks for all the help, by the way I am not if it going be a male or female, but this a practice run , I want to see if can grow

Comment

Hey jeff,
                  make sure to grab new growth down quickly and just picture "flat top", also remember a plant can double sometimes triple in Heights quick in flowering so switch your light to 12/12 according to half your finished desired heigh. Heres another pic for you.
                  good luck on your grow.

Comment

Sure , thanks alot

Comment

Mr Furly I notice, your main stock is thick where mind is not, how old is your plant

Comment

The picture above was a clone at 7 weeks 5/1/17 in veg after showing roots. She was tied down and defoiled hard, wasn't aloud 6 inchs tall and deleaf daily till the flip, ended up 24+ inchs tall, strain will play a big part too.
                        here is some more pictures(I like pictures).
                        1) she's the far plant 5/12/17
                        2) she's the plant on the right 6/2/17 (20 days later)
                        the three are all cloned at the same time the little gal was placed in flowering at week two after showing roots.

Comment

Nice, looking plants, this plant here,I don't want to try anything hard, until I get more exsperiance growing, but in do time that's what I am looking for, thanks

Comment

Mr furley, can I cut the big fan leaves the new green is growing good, I only have 4 buds sights on this plant so far, I don't know if that's good or bad, thanks for any help

Comment

jeff1961
                              I would assume you are talking about a plant that you have top? If your talking about a young plant then NO.
                              I like to let my plant rest a couple of days to a week after topping to recover and I let my new growth(bud sites) develop, at least there own fan leafs on the new growth before removing the bigger fan leaves. I Lst that new growth to make them into new branches and create new Bud sites off those branchs to giving me my multiple colas, remember that light is food for you plant and they get it from Fan leafs so removing them needs to be done at the appropriate time and alot of the time a new grower can get scissor happy causing more damage than good. The short answer your looking for will depend on how vigorous and long your new growth is.
                              Here is a pic of a plant I topped 4 days ago I still have not removed anything but the top, I noticed last light it has started to grow strong again. I'll start LST tonight or tomarrow, Probably wouldn't deleaf the big fans till this weekend. I will upload a today pic later.
                              p.s Pictures help see you situation. Hope this helps

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X