Plant won't grow serrated leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant won't grow serrated leaves

I recently stumpled upon some nirvana blue mystic feminized seeds and some sooregonseeds c99 fem while I was n the process of moving , I figured y not germ um n try growing indoors. I've read tons of bad things about nirvana seeds but since I'm broke n nothing better to grow with fall n the air here I got started, germed seeds paper towel n zip lock baggy ph'ed water , started with 1 seed bm , n 1 seed c99 .both pop n under 24 hours, I planted sprouts directly into coco n 7 gallon buckets ,c99 I'm having no issues with but the bm oh my god!! This damn thing refuses to grow even its first serrated leafs! , its root system is a foot deep but nothing else is going on .I've never had this issue n 20 years of outdoor growing , so any ideas on what I should try would be appreciated greatly, also to help narrow down the issues here's the set up , 7 gallon buckets , coco , seedlings under 150w HP's n 2 28w CFLs hung at 2ft away, temps steady at 80 ish, constant fresh air supply ...think I might put a small bowl of phed water sitting on coco n n cover the seedling and bowl with clear plastic kinda a variation on an outdoor techniques I do during the hot summer of putting a bowl of water by my plant n covering both with a trash can , or perhaps I should just germ more n try again? , any thought would be welcome
    Last edited by x420Haze420x; 08-22-2017, 07:53 AM.

A pic would really help us explore this question with you.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Comment

First ty for replying not much to see my friend , lol she grew great till inch high then been like this about a week now, just nothing

Comment

This is just a guess but maby since it's in such a big pot at the moment it's focusing on the root system I notice when I transplant from solo cups to final container the plant stops growing leafs for 4 to 7 days then the growth takes off again

Comment

Is that an auto ? Sometimes they are just slow at first and end up the best ones. I know you need to be extra careful watering seedlings when they are in big pots. Give her some time and maybe she will take off, Good Luck.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

I thought I'd might be because the big pot also , but I'm an outdoor grower , so that's tons more room for roots to grow, so I'm not inclined to think its the pot size, it maybe tho, idk. I've never had any probs not growing vertically outdoors, what's got me stumped isn't slow growth , its no growth at all, not even the one finger leafs ,its been 7 days surely its have 2 serrated leaf by now, and to answer the other gentleman no sir they are all FEMS not autos, I don't like autos personally, I like to have control over vegging times myself not plants switching on their own , but I digress, but I do thank u both for for taking time to reply

Comment

The dirt looks pretty solid plus the bigger pot. Probably leading to the slow growth.

Comment

Hey 420x, your plant is spending energy building a root system and with a big pot it can slow down the upward growth, if it's only been a week I'd give it another week, saying bad genetics could be to early, I just had a plant sit idle for a minute at this point, it's doing great now.
                  Burns Is right your coco needed some perlite.
                  hope this helps.
                  You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks gentleman , I had intended on adding perlite but I wasn't about to pay 10$ shipping from amazon , and believe it or not all the regular stores were out , I'll check again on payday , I'm going to take your guys advice n give it another week to see what happens , I did place a cup with water n pot and cover cup and plant with a baggy , after 24 hrs it looks better (greener) and appears to grown a tad , I hope I'm not seeing isn't just hopeful wishing lolol, also as a side note I forgot to mention the coco I'm using came n 10 lb block , and the way I rehydrated it was ph'd 5 gallons water , with teasoon of cal mag, and added a 10% dose of kelp also , so the coco wouldnt be void of nutes , don't know if that makes a difference but seemed logical enough to me as a way to start them off

Comment

• OzBud
                      OzBud commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I use all coco, no perlite and I don't run into any problems

Morning 420x , patience, your gonna be alright, some are just slow starting, but sometimes end up the best plant. Reason I said big pot can slow em down is because of the way you water a seedling when they are in a big pot. I use very little water in a circle around my seedlings when they are in big pots until they get established and never water to runoff, but I grow in supersoil. Seedlings don't like much water as I can already tell you know what you are doing. Give her a little time an hopefully she will reward you. Good Luck.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Thank u sir !, great site u folks have here , glad to be here , I do have to admit I'm not a patient person till I see buds , I'm kinda backasswords that way once I see buds I can wait no probs, some would argue I wait to long to harvest but for my personal likes I like about 30% amber , but to each their own I suppose , I did start growing Sativa's too just for others , its good to be considerate n thoughtful of others too 😁

Comment

have you tried lowering the lights at all? 2ft away is pretty far for 150W HPS. As for the CFLs they should be right down as close to the plant as possible without burning it (within 4" of plant)
                        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                        600W HPS
                        Coco
                        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
                        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
                        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
                        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Good morning Mr ozbud , yes sir the lights were at 1 ft but I had a heatwave come through, so raised lighting as a preventive measure , also on the lighting issue I do have access to a viperspectre 450w 200 actual watts , I'll replace current lighting (at least for vegging) soon as I have a day off work to go get it, he also has a g8 red lamp he uses for flowering with the vipar , as always thank u for taking the time to give a look n offer help , its much appreciated my friend , I think after I go grab the light maybe I'll do a grow report seems like fun (i know i love reading um) plus I can benefit from having people with more indoor growing knowledge than I do watching along ,

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X