just 4 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just 4 discussion

I have been interested in using a L.E.D. setup. That being said, for those of you using LED's, how do you feel about your experiences? I'm looking for a LED system comparable to a 600w MH/HPS, for a 2x4 grow tent, using a scrog setup.....

I have used leds and in a 2x4 tent u will need atleast 400true watts. Leds are horible for telling u the true wattage. Just because a light says 600watts does not mean it puts out 600watts yes its stupid but most 600watt lights put out 100ish true watts. I recomend vipraspecra or bestva lights but vipraspectra u will need 2 lights that are 600watt equivilent the true watt of that light is 140ish watts and if u go with bestva u will need 2lights of 1000wat the true wats are 180 each light. The worst part of leds they act like lazer beems 90percent of there usable light points straight down just take that into consideration. I personaly have a 600watt led non brand off ebay and it sucks hard. If ur gunna buy an led buy a gd one theres a huge difference to the plant

Comment

I agree about the 2 light system. I plan on doing another scrog setup. Thanx for the "true wattage" information, I will do my best to find the #'s!

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
        tyler_ hobbyist commented
        Editing a comment
        Also with leds find ur true par value 60x60=seconds x mins= 3600seconds in 1hour x how many hours light is on (3600x12=64800) (64800x par value of light= true par) for example (64800x1500=97200000) umole ÷1000000=97.2 true par. Theres 1000000umoles per par. Without extra co2 plants use around 60par per day with added co2 plants can use upward of 200par per day. This is just a general rule different strains need different amounts but this is a general rule for leds

I run a 3x3 tent with a Galaxy Hydro 600 (~250 Draw) and it works great for me. I'm actually buying a second one for my second tent. I also like the look of the Viparspectra 600 (~275 Draw).

IMO, these are both good lights at the price point. They aren't top end but then again I'm not interested in spending near 4 figures or more for a damned light, lol. At least when there's no need. I know I could benefit from adding a second light to the tent but again, at this point no need to spend the extra money as right now the one unit meets all my needs.

I don't get into all the light meters and stuff, basically I looked for a light that would cover 1 tent size bigger than mine max footprint, so a 4x4. The GH has that with a solid 3x3 foot print @ 24". I like to keep the colas 4-5" off the walls anyways for airflow and to keep moisture from forming where leaves/buds might lay against a wall which also accounts for me running it at around 18".

I made the LED move from CFL's so I have no experience with the HID systems to compare.
      The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• Burny
        Burny commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree on the Galaxy hydro lights. I have had great results with them.

Yeah I'm with Burny,, I had good luck with mine too.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

just 4 discussion but i found so many useful information here. wow. thanks a lot guys and wishing you good luck with those LEDs. by the way, would you mind if i am going to have some questions for you later? it is hard for me to research myself since i have health issues... even need to search for https://hghreviewer.com/ often. that is why i would really appreciate some of your help if that's not going to be a big problem! please? thanks!!
        Last edited by Penit1943; 09-05-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Indeed very useful I'm planning on getting a bestva light that 390w AD
          Grow and good luck
          Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Bestva lights are nice I use them and they work really gd they make the plants grow short and bushy the specrum is really nice

Comment

• furrysparkle
              furrysparkle commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to hear!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X