Bubbleponics: pH query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubbleponics: pH query

This is my second grow. First attempt was in soil which ended in disaster.
    Now now set up a bubbleponics DWC tent (specs below).
    I am into the middle of the third week,veg state, and the plants have been looking great. Will try to post a pix but this has been giving me problems.
    Using GH Flora series, magical, and hydro.
    I mix a 10 gallon batch at 50%: In teaspoons: magi=1;hydro=2;micro=4;gro=61/4;bloom=2.
    Yes, I add the magi first, let it rest for a few minutes, then hydro and the rest,etc.
    **I then carefully adjust the pH to about 5.8**
    This is what I've been replenishing my tank with since the start. [According to GWE site this nuti mix can last for about 2 weeks.]
    However, on my last water replenishment noticed the following:
    **the pH of the water taken out of the tank was around 10.4--I had just been throwing this water out.
    So I tested the water in my grow tank and that was also pH 10.3circa.
    I am puzzled: The plants look great. Is this something to be concerned about? If so, what is the best way to fix it?
    OK now lets see if I can add a picture.

Current grow:
    Nirvana White Widow feminized. 2 seeds.
    DWC, 10 gallon tank
    400W HID
    GH Flora Series, Magical, Hydrozon.

Thanks in advance people,
    Panos

Hi Panos, They look lovely, and let's get em to stay that way!!!

First question: Are you sure your pH pen is accurate?

2. How often do you check the pH? I grow DWC also and I check pH religiously every morning.

3. Are you checking the pH of the nute mix that you allow to stand for a while? I don't pre-mix; I change my reservoir once a week and I just add pH'd water in between if it's necessary. (Just me: that's how I do it.)
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Panos
      Panos commented
      Editing a comment
      I have calibrated my pH pen.
      I only check and correct the pH when I mix up a batch of nutriment solution.
      I only have just started (Aug 20) to check the pH in the tank. I see this may be a mistake and should check it daily. I just assumed that when I mix a batch and fix the pH, it would stay that way...
      So I assume that I can correct the pH for the water currently in the tank and from now on check the tank's pH daily? And check the pH of any pre-mix I'm adding each time.
      Do I have this right?
      Also added a post with a picture of the current state of the roots. [Still not sure of what i'm doing with pictures but hope this will clear up without too many hassles.]
      Thanks for your input.
      Panos
      Last edited by Panos; 08-21-2017, 08:48 PM.

If the ph is 10.4 id say you need to correct it pretty much asap youd need the range between 5.6 and 6.3 thats where i allow my water to stay even though where i live sucks and some how my water does what yours does it climbs high as hell in a short bit of time i have to correct my ph in my system every 12 hpurs give or take ill lower it to 5.6 and 12 hours later itll be somewhere between 6.3 and 7.1 every damn day lmao idk how because every body says they have to worry about there water ph going down not up but for some reason mine goes ☝ ever few hours
    DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
    250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
    current grow: feminized blue wizard
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

How long does it take for the solution to get from 5.8 to 10 ? How do the roots look ?
      Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

• Panos
        Panos commented
        Editing a comment
        Hard to answer exactly. I just noticed this situation.
        Posted picture of the current state of the roots.
        Panos

Here is a picture of the roots as of Aug. 18.

Last edited by Panos; 08-21-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Panos, the pictures didn't show up. You may have to re-size them and make them smaller in order to post them.

If your water is really crappy, you might consider getting one of those portable RO systems for your reservoir water. dontknownuttin swears by his RO system.

My Ph has been stable since I started using an RO water system unless there is problems with pathogens like root rot or algae growth ect. I am not running DWC but in my constant drip recirc. hydro system my Ph does naturally rise slowly from a starting point of 5.5 to around 6.0 to 6.2 in about a week. I also use enzymes to help keep my nutrient solution clean also water temp around 68 and lots of air being pumped into the nutrient solution.
      Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

During res change I PH test the water after adding my hydroguard, GH trio, cal-mag sup (unecessary but I bought t so may as well use it) and terpinator supplement.

after nutes my water ranges about 6.6-6.8

For some reason my ph down is really effective at .5 ml/gal

that gets me down to about 5.7-5.9.

thats all I do

I don't check the ph in the res again unless my leaves show problems. I top off the reservoirs mid week (tonight) with plain water ph'd to around 6.0 even. (I use my leftover water to refill my foliar spray bottle.

Current Grow: seeds in July 3rd, 2017

7'x6'x8' custom built room w/ exhaust and carbon filter
        3 (1 not in use yet) 600w IPower dimmable MH/HPS

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
        GH Trio, Hydroguard, and GH Ph kit.
        Strains: all Seedsman, all Feminized, all Fast.
        2 Cinderella 99 x Blueberry
        1 Power Africa x MK Ultra
        2 Big Nugs
        Training: Nebula's modified manifold technique w/ LST as needed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X