Major PH issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Major PH issue

I'm a week or two away from harvest and my ph is going nuts. Yesterday 6.0 this morning 4.9 . Wtf. I did lower my nutes to 1/4 after a nute burn then flushed a week ago. I'm flushing today and going to use half nute but wow this is nuts.
    My meters are all calibrated and tested w 2 different ones. Any ideas? I know my buds are crying.
    Bubbleponics
    Advanced platinum 450w
    Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
    hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Gee, never had that happen with my hydro. It always ranges up due to the air stone adding 02 to the nutes.
    I guess all you can do is monitor and adjust as needed. I check mine three times a day, always adjusting down.
    My clone guy suggested pH 5-5.2 for a new variety, which I followed. It worked very well. The other plant I let range from 5 to 6 and that worked well for it.
    Good luck.

Comment

Thanks , I never use ph up unless I screwed up. This started a week ago. Did a flush this morning and checked my air stones. They were under the root ball , so I moved them , maybe that was it. Got both res at 5.8 so we will see tomorrow. I run lights at night so daytime is sit and wait 😀
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

A good supply of 02 should keep your pH moving up. I've never tried to discover what would happen if I lost a good flow of 02.
        Good luck.

Comment

Thanks we shall see 😎
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

I was having the same problems a week or so ago. Like it would drop to 4.9 from 6.1 in a few hours. I flushed her and started using Great White instead of Hydroguard (only because another grower said hydroguard was causing ph fluctuations in his DWC so I figured why not try) and it's been stable. A few others also told me my small res could've been the culprit as well. Hopefully you've got it under control though. Good luck!
            Current grow:
            Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

Thanks , buckwold ,I've been using hydroguard and great white the whole grow. If it drops again tomorrow. I'll change and try just great white. It's making me nuts.
              Bubbleponics
              Advanced platinum 450w
              hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Jason
                Jason commented
                Editing a comment
                I use a 2 gallon Water Farm by GH. Only downside I see is its best for one girl at a time and you really need to add .5 gallons of H20 morning and evening at some point in the 12 week feeding schedule as per GH. Very happy with the results.

• Capncanna
                Capncanna commented
                Editing a comment
                I have 2, 10 gal res going w 2 plants in each. They were a breeze in veg but since about 4 weeks into flower it's been crazy. Pics in my thread.

• Capncanna
                Capncanna commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh yeah and they are still drinking a gal each a day, thanks for your ideas

Thanks everyone I think the problem was the air-stones. .this morning ph rose and I had to use a little ph down!!!
              Bubbleponics
              Advanced platinum 450w
              hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Good to hear you chased it down. 02 is definitely your friend when doing hydro.

Comment

Thanks Jason
                  Bubbleponics
                  Advanced platinum 450w
                  hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X