Flowering issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering issues?

Hey all I'm just wondering why the different strain isn't showing as much progress as the others in the pic. I don't see any balls, and I'm pretty sure I see small white hairs, but as you can see it is not doing as well as the others. This is the end of week 3 and I'll be starting week 4 Monday. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Rockett, Just keep a close eye on it--I mean with jeweler's loupe or magnifying glass--to make sure it isn't a male. Different strains grow at different rates: I had two strains start showing pistils a couple of weeks before a third strain.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks for the advice I've been checking it through a handheld microscope and using a powerful magnifier, but I don't see any sacs, and am pretty sure I see little hairs. Just wanted to see if there can really be that much difference in the two strains

Comment

I have 5 plants, all the same strain, all planted the same time. All started showing at different times.
        My first grow

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Just like siblings: all different!

Yeah I guess that's true, I'm just happy that out of 6 bag seeds I only found one male

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          You definitely beat the odds!

• Rockett1973
          Rockett1973 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same thing I said, it is great

Here is the latest pic.
        also I was wondering, there are little tiny bugs hanging out on my tent floor, and some on my dirt I'm assuming they are just gnats but they are "bugging" me. Is there a natural pesticide I can use at this stage of flowering?

Comment

I looked on the pest link, but there are no matching ones for my situation, they are not bothering my plants at all I've inspected every leaf on all of my plants for damage but have found nothing, no bites or marks or stains, hell I haven't even found a bug on a leaf, they only get in the dirt, and the floor of my tent, I just want to spray a universal pesticide that won't harm the plants smell or taste. That's why I was wondering about something natural

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          Diatomaceous earth?

Yeah I read about that, have you used It? It says it is even edible for humans, I was a little sceptical of that statement

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't needed to (knock on wood) but it's recommended as an natural anti-pest treatment because on a microscopic level it's very jagged and sharp so it gets under the little critters' exoskeletons and cuts them to ribbons. In your case you would just put a layer on top of your soil and I guess you could scatter some on the bottom of your tent, too.

From what I've read it is ok to eat as long as you get "food grade"; I don't remember why people eat it, though.

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          Food Grade is used a lot in grain storage. It's also great around the house, on pets etc, to deal with fleas etc. I'm not aware of any eating it fads, but you never know.

Yeah I was wondering why you would eat it as well, ok so I ordered some and I pick up on Friday. Gotta get rid of these bugs, it's not like they are hurting anything but I don't want to stop watering like usual because they are responding well. What do you guys think about my girls, I am very proud this is the greatest try ever for me. The last time I tried they went into hyper-drive as seedlings and grew way too tall and died.☺

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          They're looking real good. You're gonna be smoking some great bud before you know it!

Oh man I can hardly wait, as soon as the lights come on at night I'm in there just staring at them😎🤣

Comment

Ok guys here is the latest pictures, first time I've seen them in the sunlight--- they are pretty 🤣😎😎.
          took them outside this morning and rinsed off all of the diatomaceous earth that was all over them, and flushed the soil with lots of fresh water to remove any nitrogen toxicity, and i think i have a little wind burn. Also I had to put in some supports for the one on the far left she is starting to fatten up really well. So what do you guys think? P.s. the littlest one is finely showing hairs all over😁😁😁

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            They look happy and healthy!!!

There is some claw action going, and some burnt leaf tips, and a couple leaves are starting to yellow a bit so after researching some I think I have myself a case of wind-burn or some toxicity thay was the reason for the flush but overall i am very happy

Comment

Yeah it is food grade, but it also kind of looks like white powdery mildew, and that would be devastating at this stage, so I rinsed them to be able to inspect them easier

Comment

Plants look pretty happy to me too. You mentioned possible gnats in the soil. DE or Gnat Nix helps prevent prevent the adults from getting into the soil and laying their eggs. Their larvae eat the roots and can cause leaf and overall health issues. You can use gnatrol and drench the soil per the instructions. My understanding is Gnatrol is basically BTI, same ingredient in mosquito dunks and is safe for use in flower. I'm not an expert, but gnatrol and yellow sticky cards has killed gnats for me successfully (and ATU too). You may want to let them dry a little after the flush you gave them, then drench with the gnatrol per the instructions and hit them every 7-10 days for 2 or 3 applications.
              4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

How big are the red pots? Could they be root bound.

Comment

• Rockett1973
                  Rockett1973 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  its possible i guess, i think the red pots are about 3 gallons. next grow im going with all 5 gal. smart pots

• Rockett1973
                  Rockett1973 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  im hoping that i can just make it through this grow without transfering these to new pots this late in the game

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only if they don't get horribly root bound; that won't be good for them..

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X