T5 Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T5 Lights

I am a new grower and only have T5 lights (from when I start garden seeds). I have no money to upgrade so these are what I'm growing with. I'm trying to grow under them using LST and a screen of green. My main question is how many lights do I need per plant? I have my plants in rubbermaid totes now (just today transplanted them into it). Right now I can still fit 3 plants side by side under 6 lights, but soon they will be too big to be that close together, so then what? How many lights do I need to each plant? I only have 12 lights total, and wasn't really thinking when I started so many little seedlings. When I transplant the next set in a week to bigger pots I won't have room for all of them under all my lights anymore. Can I spread the lights out more? I don't want them to not grow well since I spent so much on the seeds, so I want to give them as much light as they need but I have no idea what that is. Can anyone help me out?

Is it 12 single bulbs or 12 fixtures

Comment

It's the lumans in bulb matter check light section of gwe to see how many for each plant good luck

Comment

good morning crafty I veg under t5s ,Buddy asked a good question are they all single fixtures it sounds like the are , in my veg room I have a 4 and 8 light fixtures and I've had as many as 70 plants in there at one time but only for a short period, I would think 4 lights would work per 2 plants but your right in thinking they will get to close . do you have the space in other areas most plants in veg don't smell and can be grown anywhere ,in the spring I do alot of cloning and I put everything under t5s in 3 different spots , I get my t5s from Growershouse.com best prices Iv'e found
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

They are single bulbs in single fixtures, they are the nanotech T5 reflector sunblasters.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Crafty I think if you put 4 side by side you could put two plants under it ,then 4 more and two plant so you should get 6 going at once they do sell t5 bulbs for blooming . My local HTGsupply.com has the best prices around here. ask alltatup what bulbs she uses I know she uses them in bloom as a supplament

I have the same ones. They have a 3627 lumen well at least that's what mine are. 24w =2232. 39w=3627 and 54w=5022... Now that's according to the packaging. I'm not too technical with all this stuff so I don't know if the nano reflector changes those readings. One thing I am pretty sure about is I don't think they work well for flower. I'm not 100% sure about that though. Someone else may know more.

I use my t5s from seedling to about 3-4 weeks. Depending the size of them. Once I transplant I throw them under my 1000w shps (well I turn the ballast down to 500w and work my way up). I still throw in the T5's to change the spectrum as hps are more for flowering. Once flowering I remove the t5's and plan for next grow.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X