Question Concerning Autos & Light Leakage & Their Resilience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Concerning Autos & Light Leakage & Their Resilience

Yo, so I know that autos are pretty accepting of light.
    However many people offer the opinion that you still need to give them sleep time like any other organism. So a lot of people vouch for giving either 4 hours or 6 hours or 8 hours night time.

Now, during this night time period we are emulating night for the plants. So complete darkness. Now, if I have some light leaking in from the streets through my air vent every night, would that fuck up the plants night time?
    Would it be as if I never let them sleep, because the light leak will be strong enough to keep the plants awake.

I can close up my air vent like I did with my previous grow, but that would dramatically decrease my air outflow. I had to do that with my previous grow, because my plants were photoperiod, and I needed to completely eliminate all light. So it was a sacrifice I hope I won't have to repeat.

If I can get away with growing my autos and them being subject to light leaks every night and not caring, that would be optimal. =)
    As you can probably tell, my 2nd grow will be completely auto. Heeeeeell yeaaaaaaaah.

What does science and experience say about autos and light leaks?
    Originally posted by 420n808
    If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Here's a thought a simple air filter taped over the vent would probably still allow air flow and block most if not all of the light.. filter in the vent with ventletts angled away from plant would probably be even better

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
      GreenArmadillo commented
      Editing a comment
      That's pretty much what I done. But I had to add so many layers to make sure it was 100% lightproof. I wanna not have to do that this time if I can get away with it you see.

Don't worry about the light leaks - autos will not become hermies
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Tha'ts awesome and super relieving to know. +1
      If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Comment

Had the plants been photo-period - they might have gone the hermie way
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Cut to fit active carbon filter on Amazon cheep and it works to block light i cut it to fit my vents and double it up sew them together sew on some Velcro. i grow photos and don't have a problem.
          It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
            GreenArmadillo commented
            Editing a comment
            That genuinely sounds amazing!!
            The velcro idea blew my mind. <3

More light..More roots...bigger plant..stronger plant...better buds...

24hrs of light with autos and vegging photos is the best in my opinion... plants don't sleep...

My $.02

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
            GreenArmadillo commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, you serious??
            I would have thought more advanced growers would have told us not to give 24 hours of light. Your post genuinely surprised me. =)

I agree with Green75 , 24 hours of light for autos. Good Luck GreenArmadillo ps after the autos you might not go back to photos. Just saying I no I ain't no time soon except for outdoors.
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 08-23-2017, 08:51 AM.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Yeah man, i'm totally looking forward to the auto experience.
            My previous grow was a 6-7 month monster, haha. >. <

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X