Is this Cola going to seed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Cola going to seed???

Please tell me that this cola is not going to seed!

I haven't found any seeds or pollen sacs yet but those sure look like little flowers and the bus are not as tight as I would think they should be.

Thanks.

They look like nanners, which have pollen. How far into flower are you and how are the trichomes? Do you see any actual seeds? If you're close to harvest you may be OK but if you are a few weeks early, you may need to read up on removing them.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

I'm around 8 weeks into flowering. I can't find my journal :-(

I haven't seen any actual seeds. They're probably hiding inside there somewhere. And now I probably got Pollen everywhere.

Dang - can't live without a fan and can't live with a fan.

that must be a headache to remove them. I thought pollen sacs were little bags / little balls underneath?

Thanks much for the reply.

Comment

Yes you definitely have a pollination problem, the same thing happened to me I wound up with very very few seeds and lots of lots of good weed let it finish just my two cents. ☮️

Comment

Last time I had a few little flowers, (no manners if I remember correctly) and some seeds but I panicked and harvested it right away, before I was certain I saw any amber. Right the trichomes are a glorious crystal.

So? just let these keep maturing until I get some amber? Thanks.

(Then before I start a next grow I'll up the humidity to 100% for a couple of days to kill any pollen. I've acheived almost full Automation so I won't have to enter the room more than a couple times / month and make it a clean room.)

Comment

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          How do you put humidity at 100% did it rain?

Thanks for the link aloner!

What would I check the box in the upper right corner of your post for?

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not seeing a box in my post... ?

Definitely had a hermie issue with that plant. I've found that either light or environmental stress can create this problem I have been able to remove the nanners as they appear to give the plant enough time to mature. If you just let if go it may self pollinate or worse yet, if there are other girls around they will get seeded.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Stawager
          Stawager commented
          Editing a comment
          gb, pollen got on all 5. Pisses me off too. My fault, should have only had 3 growing. I tried something new: a very large SIP holding all of them so I could spin it all at once instead of juggling individual pots.

All that soil means much less watering and disturbing them raising the chance of Pollination, well that was the idea.

I should have supplied a/c to the room, especially since it was available.

100% humidity with a humidifier. I will also use a spray bottle to mist the walls... to speed it up.
        Last edited by Stawager; 08-19-2017, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Next grow, Once / week I'll make it rain, thoroughly soaking the plants, dissolving any pollen.

With all those nanners, i must have pollen everywhere now

Comment

Hi Stawager just read though the thread ,so youve got things pretty automated thats cool but from your thread you've had this problem before so its something that you are doing or not , I would suggest that you spend a little more time with your girls . something in your automation is stressing them out enough to hermie.just my thoughts good luck
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Stawager
              Stawager commented
              Editing a comment
              Jarhead, Thanks and thanks for being a patriot.

I think heat and overcrowding is the next hurdle and then it'll be smooth sailing. I'm going to have to concede that 5 plants are too much for a 4' x 4' space. I worry that one will turn out to be a male so I keep them all.

Aloner, this box?

Comment

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              Weird, it doesn't show up for me. Maybe you can see it because you started the thread? No idea what that's for.

Maybe I'm letting them get too close to the LEDs? Sometimes they are only 1/2 inch.

Comment

Damn that's frosty!

Comment

• Stawager
                Stawager commented
                Editing a comment
                Time to harvest :-) My house reeks! And thats with a sealed room with dedicated external venting.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X