• Show
Clear All

grey water with floaties

I use the flora trio.
    Grow soil and perlite
    5 gal fabric
    Calmag
    always ph water
    Why does water go grey when I add ph+ sometimes if I need a lot of ph+ it even gets floaties.
    Anyone ever had this and is it ok?

Howdy georges, Check the labels on the supplements that You are using, because the solubility of some of them are affected by the others. For an example, General Hydroponics lists on their feed chart that when using the Armor Si and CALiMAGic together, the Armor Si should be added first. It also states that when using the Flora series that when adding either Armor Si or CALiMAGic, or both, that they should be added prior to adding the FloraMicro.
    I hope that this will help You out, and good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

gh products
      I guess I should read the bottles.
      I was adding calmag at the end
      I'll try at the start next feed.
      would that cause lockout??? My plants seem fine but likely they could be better
      Thanks for the advice. always learning on this site.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        georges, The information that I passed on to You was from the GH web site. They have feeding schedules for all of their products in most of the growing methods, soil, coco, and hydroponics, both recirculating and drain to waste methods. In fact, the levels of usage on the bottles some times differ from the recommendations on the feed charts, I use the feeding levels on the charts, they have worked very well for Me.
        I do not know what actually causes the nutritional lock out, but a drain and flush seems to help clear it up. The problem might be due to the pH not varying with in it's proper range enough. The only times that the plants appeared to be in the 'lock out' was when I kept a close control of the pH (at 6.0). I now, intentionally, allow the pH to fluctuate between the 5.5 and 6.5 reading, and I do not adjust the pH level of the reservoirs at the midweek top-off of the reservoirs.

I have been using the same thing and have the same experience but with that said it has not effected the growth or the amount of water. I also rinse the plant and clean the dish ever 2-3 week.I only get the film on top of water with soil my hydro doesn't get a film maybe from the constant movement of the water

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X