Mouth balls ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouth balls ?

for all u outside growers, hi, I'm in the mist of my summer grow and I keep my smart pots off the ground about two inches. I cut down some milk crates to do this. The other day I had to move one off the stand to get better sun. I found a mouse nest! In between soil and stand naturally I had to look under the rest ... Yes under each was a nest. Of course I destroyed them but I still needed preventive. I've had some experience dealing with Mickie and my restored cars thay like to chew the insulation off the wiring. I spread mouth around and under plants as a preventive.... EXTRA...EXTRA.... I CAN'T SMELL the pot any more it's been over a week now since first applied I'm not in flower yet but plants are over ten feet tall and with lots of side branches. NO SMELL of pot just mouth balls I think I may have killed two birds with one stone !!!!!! Hope this helps u out. All for now CHOW

Cool...good tip Potted. Any pics of those 10' beauties? Sounds great.
    Cheers Californiakid
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Yeah I'd like to see some pretty pictures of your 10 foot plants. In the Ms Delta we use to have to use strong rope to stake them down ,they got so damn tall, we still stake em down and they like it. I know this is personal but to me outdoors grown pot just seems to taste ,smells and seems to even be stronger than that grown indoors. But that's just my opinion from over the years.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Moth balls are TOXIC to humans. I know someone around here who uses them in his grow shed to mask the scent, and his weed is ruined, unsmokeable. I told him to use Ona blocks, which won't solve your problem, but moth balls will poison your weed.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          I would never put pot and moth balls in a inclosed space together that would cause the big sleep. Not ready for that

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Lord, I hope not Potted. We need you here!!

They are referred to and know as "moth balls".... Moth Balls. Not sure what your referring to???

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          Moth balls outside on the ground around grow site not in a in closed area like a car in fact I don't put in cars just under and in engine compartment !

Exactly. I am a newbie so I don't know much about growing (yet), but I do know alot about napthalene, aka 'mothballs'. The name comes, of course, from using preparations of the chemical to kill the larva of moths, back when moths laid eggs on wool garments and the larva fed on the wool-- a natural substance, after all-- before pupating into moths. Napthalene vapors will make your pot smell nasty, but worse than that, it is carcinogenic (cancer-causing) if a person is exposed to enough of it. Even without the cancer issue, napthalene damages the liver, red blood cells, and probably the brain.

Sorry, but I wouldn't smoke anything that has been too close to that stuff for very long. I do use it to keep mice out of my Nissan Z in the winter months, but I drive with the windows open for the first couple weeks each year!

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          Not close at all at least ten feet away from buds to be and the breeze keeps the sent moving away from plants witch ever way the wind blows

I'd adopt a couple of stray cats.
        Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
        5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
        If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          Still have a Oder problem and I do have cats just not the smartest ones at mousing

Morning Potted be extra careful if you are using moth balls , they are bad news for your plants.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for the different looks and opinions from all of u who responded,I already new about them being toxic in closed spaces. But outside and being ten feet away from buds I dident expect any effect and still don't on my buds that are ten feet or better high. If u wish u can read about my grow on GWE main site... Chow for now!!!! mex. jumping beens 2

Comment

Man, I'm uncomfortable with saying this... I am totally not trying to be the "post police" or anything

I would however suggest that if a person posting knows something can be toxic, but doesn't think it will be toxic in a certain application, that little fact should be mentioned in the main post. It would really suck for someone to get hurt on accident like that.

Anyways, not to be uppity, just felt it should be mentioned.

On topic, is there a known safe distance? Maybe not under/near the plants, but would they be useful as an outer perimeter of prevention?
            The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Hope all read the intire thred not just the main post Sorry dident mean to hurt any one.this was ment to be a thred.for disscuion of what I found. Nouthing more! I did say to all u out door growers at the top of the post just sayin that's what was ment. LOL
              Last edited by Potted; 08-15-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                I wasn't trying to slam you man, and I'm sure no one was hurt. My personal condition sometimes makes me a bit overly watchful for things that normally wouldn't be an issue but on an "off-time" could be a big problem.

How that got brought up was I knew you meant Moth Balls and I'm like wow I remember those, haven't seen them in years, they kept bugs an stuff away, that's kinda of a cool idea, not one I need but cool. It had totally slipped my mind that they were toxic, until someone mentioned it. Which of course got me thinking wow that could have been bad, lol. Which got me thinking about others with similar issues or just get caught up in the excitement of something new and may have never dealt with mothballs before.

Like I said I was uncomfortable even bringing it up, and I meant nothing personal.

As for distance I'm trying ten feet or more away from buds or more such as the perrimitor of grow site.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                And that may be fine, especially in an outdoor situation where there is no closed-in atmosphere. I'm pretty much fanatical about not using any of the toxins that abound in so many products, even if only in small amounts. They all add up, I believe.

The situation I encountered where I live was entirely different from what you are doing: the idiot put mothballs in his grow shed to mask the weed smell, and one of my friends brought some of the buds over. OG Kush, smelled like shit. My friend smoked it, but I wouldn't touch it.

I would use peppermint oil, you can also put dryer sheets under plants.

Comment

Thanks fo the advise need all opinions I can get. That's what GWE is all about...right? Lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X