When will they be ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will they be ready?

Hi. I planted these three on 29th March. One is auto-feminised blueberry Northern Lights. One is Kush and one is from Bob Marleys house in Jamaica. I think the Marley one is male as it has a dark coloured stem. The other two are doing quite well but I cant believe that after this amount of time they still aren't ready. They have spent maybe two months under a fairly weak red and blue LED light and the rest of it outside in an opaque greenhouse in a miserable not very warm summer. I put them in a shadier area about a month ago to try and force upon the flowering phase which seems to be working but it is just taking a lot longer than I thought at the start. Do any of you experts have an idea as to how long these may be from being able to be harvested?? Thanks for your advice, this is my first foray into this.

Hi BBmofo, Are all you plants auto's or just the one?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I can't see your pictures very well but you must not have an auto or you would be smoking bud in less than 3 months .your going on 4 or 5 months.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I"m not seeing much evidence of flowering except maybe the last picture.
        My first grow

Comment

Hi. The NL is deffo Auto-Fem, the Kush was a freebie seed and the BobM was from some stuff I found in Jamaica. So yes only one is deffo Fem. Any idea how long it could be? Do they look ok and healthy? I give them normal water maybe twice a week and some nutrient growth mixed with water once every other week.

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            Need photos from close-up so we can really see what's up.

I'm only a beginner but I'm pretty sure that just being in the shade isn't enough to force flowering -- photos should get 12 hours of consistent and total darkness every day (or night), although they'll flip with less when left to their own devices (mine are in the sun almost all day and started flowering a week or so ago, when days got close to 14 hours long).

I think the only thing you're doing by keeping them in the shade is decreasing your yield. Especially the auto -- light schedule has no effect on her flowering and less light = less bud.

GWE on sexing your plants

Edit:
            Also, what Mr.furley (what up RF!) said below. (Posted while writing my reply,)

Hey Mofo, daas69 is right if it was a auto you should be smoking on it yesterday. I think it was stunted, not a auto, or not good genetic. As far as the "photo" seeds go a outdoor grow depending on your longitude and latitude will start flowering/sexing in the fall (shorter days), my suggestions would be treat your auto like a regular seed and see if it flowers in fall, #2) your pots look small if they were mine I'd transplant.
          good luck!
          Last edited by Mr.furley; 08-13-2017, 11:04 AM. Reason: High af
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Ok cool. I may stick them in bigger pots, maybe give them more light. Its all such an unknown. May post back in a few more weeks...

Comment

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              Right on and good luck!

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, good luck.

Hey BBMF you also need to feed them like a little every other day or two not a little every 2 weeks, they would starve, also make sure your PH is good. Good Luck yes give them more light.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

And get rid of the male before he pollinates the females!!!!!!
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Is a dark stem an indication of it being a male?

Comment

• Daskahn
                  Daskahn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Differing color of leaves or stems or even bud generally is only caused by ph or temperature

Im pretty sure stem color doesnt indicate sex atleast iv never seen that iv had plenty of females grow outside with purple or red stems and give me fantastic bud by the end
                DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
                250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
                current grow: feminized blue wizard
                http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X