Early id of plant sex any1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early id of plant sex any1?

Im not seasoned enough to tell the difference this early but i took the best pictures i could with a digital camera with 40x zoom. Any help to ID this plant will be appreciated thanks all.
    Last edited by Yeti; 08-12-2017, 08:15 PM.

It's looking like a female pre-flower. Pray a pistil comes out of it soon. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks much i just pulled out a cheap magnifying glass looks like i can maybe see a little antenna looking growth coming out of one of those pods so i hope im locked in with a girl now.

Comment

It's taking the shape of a pod? You want the pre-flower to be more tear drop shaped.

But you!Ll definitely be able to tell when the white whisker comes out, or not (hopefully not the case).

Comment

Don't those two anteni looking things hav to cross or at least point towards each other to identify a female from male just my $.02 best of luck

Comment

In a couple more days you will know. Pretty good odds ain't she Potted. 50-50.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

That's a big 10/4 thier good buddie

Comment

Things are going good still what i thought was a pistil turned out to be new leaves growing at the nodes here are a couple new pics any new guesses at what i have or continue the waiting game? Its a really stout smelling plant my tent smells like a skunk sprayed it lol.

Comment

• Aloner
                  Aloner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kinda far away to see the parts you need to see to tell.

Hey Yeti. I hate to say it but from my experience, that looks like a male to me. Those look like pollen sacs not calyxes. A calyx looks like a horn, where as a pollen sac looks like a ball on a stick. Just my take on it, and I could be (and hope I am) wrong.
                Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
                Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

If anything it's been a great learning experience I've tried in soil several times and failed. I used to keep fish and aquatic plants so I gave hydroponics a try and so far this is working for me. I grew this from some bag seed so it was free seed, I have a 100X zoom pocket microscope coming in the mail my only prob is I'm not seeing anything at my nodes except teardrop shaped growths but they just turn out to be two leaves that sprout out of them no Pistil no balls? Tonight is my water and nutrient change day I start week 2 of flower tonight I'm on a 12/12 light schedule this plant is roughly 6 weeks old right now. How long into flower before it's totally obvious assuming my microscope doesn't. make it from China lol.
                  Last edited by Yeti; 08-20-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Aloner
                    Aloner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Can you put up a close-up picture near the top of the plant from the side?

• ellz
                    ellz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine showed clearly on week 7 and I put them into flower at week 5.

This is a photo of a male plant I had growing on day 41 from seed:

And this is a female plant:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1,011.9 KB
ID:	126838
                  Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
                  Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

Sometimes that first pre-flower comes out of the most inconspicuous node. I didn't have another pre-flower for over a week. And that first pre-flower took a while to give me my first pistil which really made me question what I was looking at.

I think you're safe so long as you see no new growth in the area that appears similar. Then your balls are multiplying. Praying for ya'.

Comment

I feel stupid now have I been looking at the wrong thing this whole time? I'm looking at the nodes for the sex but all I'm seeing is little tearshaped pods that sprout two leaves I'm guessing that is the preflower right and when that grows a bit the node on that branch should be were the Pistil or sac will grow? I think I'm looking to hard to early now.

Comment

New pics tonight i got a better zoom on it this time

Comment

Looks like a baby boy to me. Hope I'm wrong though

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X