Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Grow. Canna nutrients additives feeding schedule need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First Grow. Canna nutrients additives feeding schedule need help.

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out the flowering phase nutrient schedule for my plants but to no avail.

So I have 11 females right now in 10L buckets with composted soil and under a 600W philips hybrid bulb. It's the 68th day. I went from 24-0 cycle to 12-12 cycle two-three days ago. Seeds were acquired randomly from scoring pot in the last 3 years or so. Random seeds. It appears that only one of the plants is an indica of some sort and seems to be auto-flowering. Very small bushy plant that started to flower during 24-0. The other 10 are sativas. So far so good.

I just ordered nutrients and additives from Canna. Specifically the PK 13\14, Boost, Cannazym and Rhizotonic and I'm very confused to say the least. Previously I used a regular universal nutrient for plants with the NPK being something like 5-4-6 or something like that during the vegetative phase.

How would you go about regarding these specific products? Some say that you should use the PK 13\14 only once during flowering, others say that you can use it throughout the flowering etc etc. An avalanche of conflicting opinions. The same for the other products.

Link to a pic of the plants: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2352y3kew...43.22.jpg?dl=0

Thanks!
    First journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

Hi Bartholomew, welcome to the forum dude, I think Beach_Town_Brit uses canna nutes and I think he deciphered the canna schedule lol, he is a top grower too, hopefully he will chime in for you
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Hey Bart, I just grew a sativa and she was very finicky about nutes--especially N. Does the nute company have any info on their website? Can you call them and ask?
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Vapo69 Hey Thanks! I hope So too 🙂
        alltatup Hey, as far as I know The products I ordered don't have much N, or at least very minimal amounts. I checked The company's website But it Still confuses The crap out of me. I think I'm in a state where I'm overwhelmed by different opinions and The amount of specific type of information. I'd rather not call them though in regards of the specific plant, If you know What I mean. Ears everywhere 😀

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          That is one thing I really appreciate anot Advanced Nutrients: I have called them many times and since they only make nutes fir cannabis they know all about my questions.
          I know what you mean about too many opinions, so if if you can figure out nutes for flower stage; if you are checking pH in and out; not overwatering; roots not rootbound--I dont know what else to suggest.

• Bartholomew
          Bartholomew commented
          Editing a comment
          All good. Ph and everything else is Ok, Thanks!

Bartholomew Have you seen this? http://www.cannagardening.com/growguide
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Bump! Up! Check!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Bart, I'm sorry. I don't know anything about those nutes.

alltatup I can't agree more. I just started using there products. They have an awesome grow support staff. I started my first feed yesterday. I started 1/4 of what was recommended. They also have a mobile app that tells you how much to use, which product and when to use it. My plants look amazing this morning.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, it's Sunday... No one will answer on Sun. It's really stupid that it's that hard to understand their directions!!

I actually talked to Advanced Nutrients yesterday and pointed out a contradition in their on-the-bottle directions and what they say elsewhere. The guy I spoke to said he was jotting down a note and would pass the info on.

I personally wouldn't be afraid to call them and have them explain their own directions to you; that doesn't incriminate you in any way. I want to see your beautiful plants!!!!!

• Bartholomew
          Bartholomew commented
          Editing a comment
          If all else fails then I Will call Them 🙂 I found a minor infestation of spider mites on my indica, Gonna go pick up spidex, neemazal and The nutrients tomorrow, gross little buggers.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Git them bastards!!!!!

Hey Bartholomew, I use the Canna line although I pretty much only grow autos nowadays. Do you have A & B, the base Canna nutes? Those give you your base NPK plus some minerals and stuff. Are you in coco coir?

P/K is hot stuff so use it sparingly. In coir I follow the light nutrient schedule on their website and I add 2ml of PK into the Generative I part of the nute schedule (in addition to the normal schedule).

Sorry to hear about the spider mites, they can become a nightmare. Be methodical about eradicating them because they're notorious for coming back from the "dead." Use a different treatment every 3 days for a couple of weeks. I've had the most success with Might Wash.
        Last edited by Beach_Town_Brit; 08-14-2017, 09:35 AM.
        Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• Bartholomew
          Bartholomew commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey thanks for the reply. I use soil right now in 10 liter buckets. For nutrients I use Compo Universal liquid fertilizer.
          "As the liquid manure is one of the star products of this brand. One of the first products of the brand, and always evolving market leader.

Liquid fertilizers generally are characterized by a lower concentration of nutrients granular fertilizers. This factor allows to pay a large range of plants without the danger of burning excess fertilizer. By this fact we can pay this delicate plants with fertilizer without any fear.

In times better temperature, we can apply the universal Compo fertilizer once a week with irrigation water. The effect will be visible in a few days. In winter we can not apply and houseplants we can space out your application between 15 days and 30 days depending on the ambient temperature.

This type of fertilizer is very suitable for indoor plants, seasonal flowers and plants that are potted, as it allows us a more detailed maintenance control.

Technical characteristics:

EC fertilizer. NPK fertilizer solution 7-5-6 with micronutrients.

Composition: 7% Total nitrogen, Nitric 2.9%, 2.7% Ammonia, Urea 1.4% to 5% phosphorus pentoxide soluble in water, 6% potassium oxide soluble in water

water-soluble micronutrients.

Poor in chloride.

pH = 4 <pH <7

1000 ml bottle

measuring cap for 4 liters of irrigation water.

Shake before use and water directly on the ground, avoiding contact with the leaves." - https://garden.jardinitis.com/produc...rios-tamanos-1

For spider mites in Estonia we only have spidex and neem-azal available sadly.
          So having info on my setup now, how would you go about using the Compo fert and the four canna additives?

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Beach_Town_Brit commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Bartholomew, given that you're growing in soil I can't speak from experience I'm afraid. I grow exclusively in coco coir at home and at my friend's outdoor grow he uses different nutes.

Based on my experience of Canna nutes in coco coir I'd say:

Rhizo is a great root protector and perhaps it encourages vegetative type growth.
          Cannazym is great in re-used coco coir because it serves to break down dead root matter and turn it into available sugars for the plant ... but I don't know how effective that process would be in soil.
          Boost is a plant metabolism booster I use it throughout flowering building up from about 5ml to 15ml per gallon by late flowering.
          As above PK is powerful stuff so you only need a little, I do 2ml/gallon once the stretch has stopped and the buds start fattening, try and hit that 5ml/gallon boost week right as the buds finish up inflating (late middle of flowering) and start adding weight.

As to your mites, you can try soapy water (check online for a recipe) as one alternative. The trick is to hit them with different approaches because they adapt very well and some of them survive every kind of treatment, so alternate your treatments for full eradication.

Comment

Today was the first time I fed the plants Canna additives. Since I couldn't figure out the schedule I decided to play it safe. I mixed all four additives including PK 13\14 at half strength in 10 liters of water.
          I'm gonna continue feeding the plants every week once a week at the same half-strength.
          On another note, the sativas were looking really lively today with small white whispy buds forming and the indica seemed to be mite free. I literally soaked the plants with Neem-Azal a few days ago. Washed Neem off the leaves and buds today.
          Will be uploading pics soon

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad for you, Bart!! We love to see buds. Amazing how different the sativa buds are from the indica buds...

Hey guys!
          my indica is showing first signs of amber trichomes. I'm guessing I should start flushing now for a week or two, Right?
          is it okay to rinse buds in warm water before curing? I have a lot wooden chips stuck on buds from sprinkling predatory mites. Dealing with a full blown infestation.
          Sprinkled around 500 predatory mites last week Which seem to have disappeared into nothing by now, Weird. Gonna be applying 2000 regular predatory mites, 5000 Californian and 100 ladybird larvae next monday. Hope It's Gonna be a blast

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow Bart thats great!! You made it! Flush away.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X