Small inline chiller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small inline chiller

Has anyone had any experience with these chillers? It says good up to 12 gallons:

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Not that particular one.. but the one I had I made like a makeshift filter to go over it cus it got clogged pretty fast..

Comment

There's only one review and it's bad, I saw the thermal ice probe for 114 on eBay hint hint. And it actually works ☮️

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't cut a hole for that one.

Mount it to a piece of Styrofoam and float it,🙃 just an afterthought.

Comment

• Graff420
        Graff420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Id say insulate the litte grow box and if its only 2.5 gallons id say float about a cup of ice ever few hours and cool it down to about 58 and it should remain there for under 70 for about 5 to 6 hours give or take a few hours depending on how well the insulation is

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Graff420 I will look into insulation of reservoir, but it would have to be paper thin insulation because it's inside a small grow box.

• Graff420
        Graff420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea that reflective bubble insulation is pretty damn thin the stuff igot the other day

I've never tried this one ATU but looks good on paper . Might be about the same as the one you are looking at but smaller case .https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VJJKXR..._s0bFzbPJ6NCSM
      This needs a small water pump but amazon has small ones for 7bucks too
      Take a look at it and you can put a hose down the middle of a piece of foam to stop intake from clogging .
      Last edited by MedMan; 08-11-2017, 06:25 PM.
      Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        OK ATU no problem but the one you saw on eBay is a peltiier cooler too just in a bigger box . I will keep looking but there is a reg larger heat pump type on amazon but around $150

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Also ATU all chillers that I have seen needs to be hooked to a pump . When I had saltwater aquariums I had a big chiller 1/10 HP well small for big tank but they have a small compressor pump like a refrigerator. The pelltiers are just a heat transfer chip rated in watts not horse power .

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        MedMan I am getting my terminology xonfused. I have a 1/10hp chiller for my big grow box and I know the one on wbay needs a pump. I am asking lots of questions. Out the ebay one to find out warranry, chiller life etc.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X