Light question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light question

I have 2 600 watt lights. Option to have at 50%, 75% or 100%. I tried uploading pictures but it won't allow me. I transferred my plugs yesterday and everything is looking great was just wondering about the light. My tent is huge and I have 12 plants growing in an ecogrower system with spider drip.

What is your question I am confused is it how much light to give your plants. what type of lights are they led hid.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I have two of these

Comment

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        But... what is your question?

What % should I set the light to starting out?

Comment

My recommendation is.. start off on a 24/0 light cycle at 50% after a week or two switch to 20/4 another week or two switch to 75% at 18/6 then when you switch your light to hps and 12/12 go 100%.

Comment

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          If you don't see rapid growth ignore this

I really don't have enough experience to answer your question with any real data.
        Here is what I am thinking are your plants in DWC? can they be moved. If u can move your plants around cool can u grope all 12 together in the middle or are they spread out in there final placement. Me personal setup does not allow me to move my plants much so I just run my light at the top of my tent and let the plants grow into it it works well for me. So I guess what I am saying is if u need to spread your light out around the tent because u said it's huge the 100 percent and run them high.

I just looked up the ecogrower do u have 2 of them. Are u planing to train your plants out and away from the middle. I would be interested to see this grow can u post a pic?
        Last edited by abadtrip; 08-07-2017, 01:57 PM.
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Comment

• abadtrip
            abadtrip commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice so yea I would push them together and run 1 light in the beginning up high at 75 percent but I don't know much or both lights at 50 play with the hight if they stretch bring them down. I am sure some 1 will tell u exactly what to do I am just saying what I would do from my experience

Basically the purpose of the settings is that the taller they are the less intensity they need..if you can't move your light higher up as they grow lowering the intensity can help..

but I personally can move the light so I keep it low as they grow but don't wanna burn Themis I constantly check it. when they flower (I believe) they need the most light in the 12 hour period..

but truth be told I ran mine at the max my bulb could take
          600w for the mh and then 400w for the hps

another use for the setting is for different lights.. my ballast has setting for 400w, 600w, and super 600w so my theory is that's 50% 75% and 100% and I can use all of those bulbs at the right setting..

Comment

I have 3 of this same light. I started at 50% during seedling stage and only used one light. Once they got their lil round leaves out. I cranked it up to 100 at the end of the first week. They've been jamming like crazy since
            Current Grow: seeds in July 3rd, 2017

7'x6'x8' custom built room w/ exhaust and carbon filter
            3 (1 not in use yet) 600w IPower dimmable MH/HPS

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
            GH Trio, Hydroguard, and GH Ph kit.
            Strains: all Seedsman, all Feminized, all Fast.
            2 Cinderella 99 x Blueberry
            1 Power Africa x MK Ultra
            2 Big Nugs
            Training: Nebula's modified manifold technique w/ LST as needed.

Comment

I put it on 75% around noon. Just checked it and they are growing well. I will see how they are doing by Sunday when I start my first feed. If all is well I will crank it up to 100%.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X