very dank seletive insect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very dank seletive insect

These things come out this time of year here. They are very selective feeders. They only feed on the centers of the most sticky buds. They don't eat he leaves. They must be hand picked from buds. Only solution so far. They problem would be far worse but their are only a few per plant each morning. They still can do some damage before I can find them. Full moon coming up so I will try at night. I have yet to figure out what moth or butterfly they come from. Nothing else goes near once sticky starts. Damn things I wonder if they get high. They are easier top spot after a bowl of kief.
    Last edited by desertdan; 08-06-2017, 12:15 PM.

Kinda looks like a baby Tomato Worm.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Their natural diet is mesquite flowers, fluffy and resinous, similar.

I think that's a cannapillar.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Speedygreen
      Speedygreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! Tpb reference

Like Ganj said baby tomato cut worm that will when larger will eat everything up not just the buds. You find em early in the morning and right before dark ,if you watch them real close for a couple of minutes you can alot of times find them by watching the branches move.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a tomato worm. They only get about double in size from photo. I see them every year. They are a type of silk worm. they have a silk thread they can hang from. They only eat the sticky part of the bud. The only other place they are present is on the mesquite flowers. They come in the spring by the thousands to eat the mesquite flowers. Audubons Warblers come to the area to feast on them at that time. They come back with the late summer rains to eat few more flowers. I like alltatup name for it cannapillar.

Meet the enemy: Señor Budworm.

This topic contains 38 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  LightSpeedGrows 9 years, 2 months ago. Home › Forums › Cannabis Cultivation › Outdoor Grows › Budworms Author Posts March 21, 2013 at 1:18 pm #25874 BuddyParticipant …
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks al. That is all I need to know about this bug. I do not have an infestation so I will continue using physical control and smash the f*****s.

Found one of them the day before harvest, so they also live in N.Y.

Comment

It looks like a type of "inch worm" I have those and a brown type that stick straight out like a dead stem in my state. Do they spin silk in the middle of buds?

Comment

Don't know there name, but theyes are nation wide.

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
          Jibblerjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          They have bug catcher to stop moths. A lil light attract them to a fan that sucks them in a trap.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X