New Grow in the Cash Crop After Light modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grow in the Cash Crop After Light modification

Well i have made what i feel is the best upgrade LED lighting i can safely get into this setup . i pulled the 20watt out that came with the setup , and I now got a Apollo 75watt (50watt actual ) UFO LED. I am going to only grow 1 plant in this setup for now on , this 1gal reservoir can only hold 1 root system , not built for multiple plants .So here we go ...

Grow is 1 Skunk #1 (seeded July 31st, Sprouted August 3rd)
    Grow Medium Rapid Rooter 2" net pot.
    ph balanced water with a very low feed of RX Grow A-B
    LED is 24" from seedling

Goal is to top once at 4 nodes , LST , and successfully grow to harvest 1.5 to 2 oz of good bud

Very nice set up.. not sure about light height and I'm sure you could of grown atleast two but still very nice I like

Comment

• allmyown
      allmyown commented
      Editing a comment
      appreciate feedback Daskahn. I have tried more than 1 plant my last two grows , and had to remove a plant and went threw hell cause root system was tangled .actually on my way out now to look for something to rig lightning better . i want some mobility with it.

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Put the plants at opposite sides? Or add a decider or just train the one to have more colas.. but hey these work wonders for light hangers

These*

Comment

• allmyown
      allmyown commented
      Editing a comment
      exacting what im looking to get. im going run a very thin rod about half inch from top ceiling to better hook the rig and light, which with the rig it allow me to lower or bring light up to half inch from ceiling . But so far the light fan and box exhaust fan is controling heat good

The modification seems to be working well ..Day 5 from sprouting girl seems happy

Comment

You might need to lower your light I think with led it's 18 inches your light should have instructions.. if not look it up but I think it's 18 give or take

Comment

• allmyown
        allmyown commented
        Editing a comment
        light at 19" now Daskahn, seedling seem to love it. but will keep a close eye im still getting a feel for growing in this box.
        appreciate you

Cute, though 1.5oz will be impressive off that light. I am interested to see how you'll pull it off!
      Grow and good luck
      Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• allmyown
        allmyown commented
        Editing a comment
        LoL that my goal furrysparkle, if i can do that than i wont feel so bad for buying this $545 box! i saw what I thought was just what i needed for my situation . order ,didnt read sht, than decide to read and ask my girl to slap the hell out me for being so stupid !
        So the good news is this my 3rd grow in this box, and my last grow using the 20watt LED that came with the setup , i harvest 12g of strawberry sour diesel . So with the light upgrade (which is the best i think i can do in this box without risk of a safety issue ) if i top, once, and some LST, i hope pull it off....i also plan to rig the light i remove at the door adding more light during flowering .

a few minutes ago

Comment

Watch their height if they get any taller before the next leafs they are reaching (my opinion)

Comment

So far she seem to be growing good! This is 7 days after sprouting second set of leaves there spacing good and tight . i am feeding her a very low dosage of RX Grow A-B, with 2ml of Hydroguard. Apollo 75watt Led UFO 19" from plant .@Daskahn and will keep a close watch on her like you said ...Thanks

Comment

She is looking nice

Comment

update on my girl 3rd day of vegetation skunk #1
              just change the reservoir and up the nutrient level slightly . i started her out on 7.5ml of RX grow A-B, and 2ml of hydroguard. PH at 6.5.
              August 12th, reservoir change nutrients level is 12.5 RX grow A-B, 2ml of hydroguard, and PHat 6.5, Apollo UFO Led grow light at 18" above plant .
              my girl seem be very happy ,good growth , and nodes are tight .my plan is to top in about 7 to 14 more days . give 7days for her to recover from topping , LST, and flip her to flowering .

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Update :
                  This baby seem be growing real good . Pictures taken today 4 days in veg, she already starting her 4th node. I plan to let her get to 6 nodes , top her back down to 3 nodes. Give her a week to recover , and then start LST.
                  I also decide that during light hours i am going to grow with the grow box door open , a fan blowing gentle air on the plant .

Comment

Looking good can't wait to see how well it's works out

Comment

• allmyown
                      allmyown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks st.buds, so far im happy next big move will be topping

How are your temps in the box? I bought a similar box from another company (I'm not going to say where because I don't have all good things to say about it) and my temps starting out would hit the 90s.
                    Current grow:
                    Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

• allmyown
                      allmyown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Been keeping temp 75 - 87, i also keep the front door open for long periods of its light cycle , and a nice breeze on her from a fan . I fully agree agentbuuckwold3 with what i have learned from reading GWE, i never would brought this ripoff . But i paid over 500 for this setup , and do plan to get my money worth . This my 3rd grow in it , and if all go as i plan will be my best Harvest .

• allmyown
                      allmyown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      keeping a fan on her when light on @Dashahn

• Agentbuckwold3
                      Agentbuckwold3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I figured you would have the same problem. I ordered a 3.5gal one site bucket that is 2" too big for my box so I will be setting up a tent for my next run anyway. I'll probably use my box for an organic grow where I don't have to worry about reservoir temp. I agree with you, I will be getting my money's worth out of this thing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X