Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubbleponics: Nutriement Question

Hi all-
    I am new to growing. This is my second attempt. First time was in soil with CFLs—failed.
    This time I've put together a bubbleponics setup as described in Nebula's site (400W).
    I've reached the start of the vegetative stage and have a question on nutrients.
    Namely: Using Gen. Hydro's flora series (FloraGro,FloraMicro & FloraBloom).
    Yes, I understand that one must use much less the recommended doses printed on the bottle.
    And yes, I am aware of Nebula's page on 'recirculating nutrient schedule' and the importance of proper pH.
    My confusion is: Does one added these separately— i.e. FloraMicro for the vegetative stage, FloraGro for the bloom,etc,etc.
    Or are they all added together in one mix at each water replenishment, change— with the correct pH and proper dose?
    Thank you all in advance for any input.

Depending on your stage of growth, you may use all three!

Using the GH website, I built a 14-week watering schedule based on a water amount of 5 gallons. I then took those numbers and broke them down further based on whole-strength, half-strength, and quarter-strength.

I'm going to be starting a top-fed DWC next week and I've attached the watering / nutrient schedule I plan to use. I plan to start at quarter-strength and adjust up from there. Note that all numbers represent milliliters as I'll be using a plastic syringe when drawing nutrients out of my bottles.

Also, when mixing up your nutrients, there is a recommended order you should follow when mixing. If you are using a Calcium / Magnesium supplement, add that to your water first and mix thoroughly. From there, mix in your FloraMicro and mix thoroughly. Then add FloraGro or FloraBloom, again mixing well between steps. Finally, add HydroGuard (as needed) before PH-testing the final mix.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by JohnC; 08-03-2017, 04:56 PM. Reason: Received some education from Ganja (Thanks!): Always add CalMag to your water first and mix thoroughly before adding micro / macro nutrients.

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, it actually let me C/P the text.

Which comes rst, Armor Si or CALiMAGic?
      • When using both Armor Si and CALiMAGic,
      add Armor Si to the reservoir rst.
      • When using Armor Si and/or CALiMAGic, with Flora Series,
      these products should be added prior to adding FloraMicro.

• JohnC
      JohnC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info, Ganja. I learned something new today!

• Panos
      Panos commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Helped a lot.
      I was under the impression that one used each nutrient separately. No wonder my first grow suffered from nutrient burn!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X