X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any ideas people? self watering systems for multiple plants

Any items are welcome

Bubbleponics? Bubbleponics with a dwc?
    only requires about 5 minutes a day and about 30 minutes a week give or take

Comment

Flood and Drain allows a lot of flexibility.
      The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

I'm running a top fed dwc. 5 tanks. 5 plants each with plenty of room to flatten out and grow upwards. Checking on the plants is easy and quick. System maintenance is cake.

changing out 5 tanks of water (approx 25 gallons)
        total time: 2 1/2 hours.

Draw the 5 gal
        let it sit 24 hours
        add your junk (nutes and supps) and PH 5 mins per tank
        drain res, fill res. 10 mins per tank or so.

then you're good to go for 7-10 days, keep an eye on your temps (water and air) and add just ph'd water to top off if they're looking low.

Current Grow: seeds in July 3rd, 2017

7'x6'x8' custom built room w/ exhaust and carbon filter
        3 (1 not in use yet) 600w IPower dimmable MH/HPS

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
        GH Trio, Hydroguard, and GH Ph kit.
        Strains: all Seedsman, all Feminized, all Fast.
        2 Cinderella 99 x Blueberry
        1 Power Africa x MK Ultra
        2 Big Nugs
        Training: Nebula's modified manifold technique w/ LST as needed.

Comment

This will be in soiless (promix)

Comment

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            Coco runs in F&D fine, not sure about pro-mix.

You could run them on a tray/table and drain to waste or recirculate, which ever would be appropriate. That's one of the beauties of an F&D set up, the versatility and options it allows.

For example if you wanted, you can set up a drip feed in the tray, or go F&D or a combination, drain to wast or recirculate, hell I'm pretty sure it can be run as a DWC if desired. pretty much any medium. NFT style. Once the tray/table is set up it's easy to make attachments for different options, letting you switch up between grows or if you set up dual trays instead of a table you can run side by side grows using different nutes, mediums, styles.

It seems an amazing system. I almost feel like I must be missing something because I just don't see why it's not the go-to hydro set up. Guess I'll find out on the new grow

I was thinking run a water pump off a timer and run a garden hose off the water pump and put a shut off valve on the end of the garden hose and either drill holes in the garden hose or insert misters into the garden hose. What are ur thoughts

Comment

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            There's much more simple ways to do it.. if you like I can show you

Here's my example.. I'm sure you can creat a table at the top to hold the promix just and drain holes along the bottom I'm actually really intrigued with the idea and might try it in the future
          just imagin instead of a plant basket and promix tray

Comment

Its a great idea but my space will be to big and that would be costly to do that thank u very much for the imput tho I appricate it

Comment

This was my idea. Any input and sugestions are very welcome

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
                tyler_ hobbyist commented
                Editing a comment
                Lights im gunna run off clothing lines that are suspended over the areas, im gunna be useing 1000w hids and 350w 200w and 100w leds over head and 400w mids for side lighting. I was gunna do them in rows and run them on a drawer system so I can pull each row out and trim/what ever. (rows are gunna be 2feet wide by5 feet long by 1foot deep) 4plants per row. I have angle iron that will get drilled into the wood and old garage door wheels that will fit and that will make it like a large drawer. Then ill have a long 1x1x8 (wood) to gentaly seperate branchs to pull the drawers out. This way I can mylar a smaller space use less co2 and utilize more light. I will have fans on the side walls on swivels to move air and I will have my ac/dehumidfyer in the corner vented out.

• tyler_ hobbyist
                Editing a comment
                Then the boxs will be made outa wood 2x4's and window screen with plastic on the bottom

• tyler_ hobbyist
                Editing a comment
                All the stuff I need I just have laying around thats why I thought of it lol and input would be appricated

Comment

Dude I built that system can hold ten plant for 20$ how many you planned on having
                pump 10$ walmart
                tote 5 walmart
                baskets 50cents at local hydroponics store
                clay pebbles 4$
                i can grow up to 6 with this and I'm currently got 4 bushy ones I'm just saying it's cheap and easy and effective if you got an extra 20 you can add a top feed system which I hear does wonders
                Last edited by Daskahn; 08-03-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Daskahn
                  Daskahn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm pretty sure you could switch the clay pebbles for promix but eh it's just advice I'll show you a picture if you like

If your going large scale here's my idea take like 9 of these line em up and bam.. your barrel idea remain but is a pre mix resavoir pump water in and out as needed if your going small scale a single one works
                again about 20$ bucks minus the light. works wonders very cheap very easy to maintain

Comment

I started them in 2 containers and moved them to their own tanks. Explosive growth.
                  Current Grow: seeds in July 3rd, 2017

7'x6'x8' custom built room w/ exhaust and carbon filter
                  3 (1 not in use yet) 600w IPower dimmable MH/HPS

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
                  GH Trio, Hydroguard, and GH Ph kit.
                  Strains: all Seedsman, all Feminized, all Fast.
                  2 Cinderella 99 x Blueberry
                  1 Power Africa x MK Ultra
                  2 Big Nugs
                  Training: Nebula's modified manifold technique w/ LST as needed.

Comment

• Daskahn
                    Daskahn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is basically the idea I was trying to present this set up is a bit cleaner and has less per container but the idea is the same if this was me though I'd put atleast two per container but that's me

• IanHale
                    IanHale commented
                    Editing a comment
                    These pics are 8 days apart

So is that like dwc set ups?

Comment

• Daskahn
                    Daskahn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Aka bubbleponics without the top feed.. Ianhale has dwc bubbleponics with the top feed I have without I find after a few weeks the top feed becomes less effective but idk haven't done a side by side of the three methods

• IanHale
                    IanHale commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is a top feed you just can't see it as the fed runs from the pump to the net pots internally.

I started with 2 tanks and 8 plants. Initially intended to keep best of each pair. One plant per tank allows me to really bush them out in vegetative. Grow tall during transition and fill with fat buds on 10 main colas per plant during flowering.

Thats a damn gd plan u got there I tryed bubbleponics and im more of a soil person to be honest.

Comment

• Daskahn
                    Daskahn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Soil is more natural and general makes the plant have more earthy tones.. hydroponics generally makes the plant stronger and in my opinion is easier to regulate.. can't really over water and what not.. easy to check for root rot and all that.. but in the end it is your grow. And it's always better to have your own twist to set you apart.. I seen this one system that was similar to your go but at the bottom was a fish pond.. and they would pump water to the top let it fill to a certain point and after it would drain rapidly and start over it was so cool..

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X