purplish stems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purplish stems

Hey all. Some of my stems and veins are turning purplish. Not all just a few. But it seems to be getting worse. I am 3 weeks into the flowering stage.Do you think I should flush? I;m thinking I have a salt build up. I just started giving them dyna gro 3-12-6 about 3 weeks ago. I also crushed up some aquarium fish food and mixed it with water. Could the fish food be my problem. But other than that they look good. I had a few yellow leaves. Any in put is welcome. Thx.

You got any pictures? ?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

And my ph is right at 7. Ive also been doing a little bit of defoliation. But again they seem healthy and are growing....

Comment

a few pics
        Attached Files

Comment

what is the temperature when the light is off? I'd check about mid way or just before your lights turn back on.. from what I've read purple coloring is usually due to the temperature being colder at night.. shouldn't really effect ending quality just adds some color

Comment

Howdy mpb555, The purple color happens to my plants as well. The most notable areas are the stems that get a greater amount of light. I think the it is a normal reaction to the stronger amount of light, sort of like when a person's skin tans with exposure to the sun light. It has happened to all of the plants that I have grown, but I have not noticed any detrimental results from if.
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

The purple stems and veins are normal - at least for some strains. My current grow, and several past grow, have this. Nothing to worry about.
              I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
              Blue Mystic (7 gal)
              VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
              Coco Coir w/30% perlite
              Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

Some might turn purple some might not no problems just keep taking good care of them. Not to much nutrients and good PH water and they will grow some fine bud for you. Good Luck 555
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

My buddy and I are experiencing the same issue. We share the exact strain/seeds. His shows purple stems & veins while mine are green. We use same nutes.
                  Only differences are; I use coco over soil, his growing 'space' is larger with more light.
                  However with the same light i'm using he managed to get purple stems. Our temperatures are similar day & night....

Comment

I usually have purple fan leaf petioles. When defoliating they are the ones that go as a general rule. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Petiol
                    personally I think it to be a natural aging pro ess...hardening off.
                    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                    photoperiod feminized seeds
                    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X