Seeking advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking advice

Greetings fellow growers-My question here is ....What would you do? If you refer back to a previous post of mine my plants suffered serious heat stress after about 4 weeks of flower and started re-vegging -
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-during-flower
    The white widow had already developed some good bud structure when the heat hit, The King Tut was lagging behind a bit. I am now almost 12 weeks into flower and the King Tut Is starting to bud again.
    The White Widow has some gangly ass plants (they are actually pretty nice) Sticking out of the tops of the buds and the buds are starting to dry out on the plant. Sugar leaves are drying out and falling off.
    Would you let it keep going and hope for new buds on the new growth or would you cut the new stuff, and use them as clones and reveg them, and harvest what was there before the stress hit? I'm not worried about the King Tut but I am worried about the WW -- Got too much time wrapped up in these to not get anything out of them.
    I'll try to get some pictures up but my inet sucks right now. so no guarantees that they will load

Thanks for your input

WOO HOO they loaded!!
    Last edited by facs_grow; 07-27-2017, 11:13 PM.

Hey facs, Sorry to see you didn't get a response. That's the weirdest freakin thing I've ever seen and I have no idea what to tell you other than to get a good look at the trichomes on the buds to see if they can be harvested!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

By no means am I an expert... but I would check the buds already grown to see if they are harvestable.. take clones from the new growth.. harvest the buds as long as it doesn't kill the plant let her veg a little and re flower.. if that is possible I've read that is possible.. to harvest from a plant without killing it and re induce vegging to reflower.. people have harvested multiple crops from the same plant..

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts Alltatup & Daskahn-- yeah I think I'm going to cut off the new tops and try to get them to grow . I've not had much luck with clones on this plant. but the smallest tops are going to be 8" long at least-the biggest one has a knuckle at the base and 3 branches over a foot long. It was too wide to take a pic of it and hold it back to show the bud. I should be able to get about 15 good tops to pot. Then I'll harvest the buds that are there. They are pretty dense-not a lot of tricomes but most have already turned amber. I have read about leaving some growth at the bottom and revegging so I am planning on doing that also. I've got to get one of these to flower and bloom like all those pictures of White Widows that I've seen..I want to post a pic like that someday.
        They are pretty strange looking- definitely a learning experience for a newbie ! Thats what happens when you plan how to maintain the humidity and keep your girls watered when you go on vacation and both systems fail-- Got home 6 days later to some hot and thirsty girls. Bone dry and withered, and it was 95*F and 95% humidity in the grow room.-- i'll update after I've clipped and harvested. The sugar leaves that I've plucked smoked well --I'm a rambling fool

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey facs, it seems that the rule of thumb is: Put cannabis plants above all else--family, job, vacations... You can forget all of that, that was your previous life. You have to devote yourself to the cult of cannabis 24/7!! ;-}

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          I love you

WELL IT'S DONE!! I went ahead and gave her a trim - cut all the new growth off and have all the tops in a jar of ph'd water with aspirin and clonex. Hopefully they will root and I can start over. After trimming I harvested, leaving plenty of new growth on the skeleton. I've put her in a closet for a couple daysand will bring her out to the sunshine soon, Trimmed the buds and will begin the curing process to see how this bud turns out. Looking forward to that first smoke. Even though I had several issues I think the yield on 1/2 of my first grow turned out pretty good. Still have to wait on the King Tut to finish out to see how the 2nd half of my 1st grow turns out. Lots of lessons learned!!
        Pictures Below!!

Comment

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh nice on the aspirin!

I'm going to be playing with them too. Gotta buy a bottle though since I don't use them though, and I always forget.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          There is nothing like a turkey roasting pan full of fresh bud!!! Congrats, facs!!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X