No announcement yet.

New grower problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now days the ways that people extract oils from the whole plant, grow them out as long as you can. Then make edibles or something even if it's premature it should be good for something. Good luck sir.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

I will say this...there are some who feel you can determine the likely sex from just looking at the seed. I tested this theory on my grow and will let you know if it turns out that it works. I do know there are things that can alter the sex while the plant grows, or even cause it to herm out during grow but this was just a guide to show that under perfect conditions, these seeds should be this sex:
      Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
      Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That is absolutely fascinating, ellz!!! I'm going to put it to the test mos def!!! I bought 10 Black Domina Regular seeds, and I'd love to weed out the males!! I'll let you know my results, and take some pics.

• ellz
        ellz commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem alltatup. I am trying on the four I planted. Hoping it works!

Ok so changed the light to a 400w hps switched out the water for phd big bloom water won't know how they take to it till tomorrow night I also may have a sitter if I decide to go that route don't think I will though

Comment

• ellz
        ellz commented
        Editing a comment
        Best of luck for rapid growth!

Thank you Ellz I've always dreamed of being a full scale farmer and finally got a spouse that is ok with it.. now just to slowly learn my lessons and grow lol

Comment

Ok so update..with pictures
        ok so when I changed the water day before yesterday I notice a brown goop on all the roots thought it was root rot.. I might be wrong.. they seem to have taken to the new light just fine.. I raised the light to combat the extra heat.. seems like that wasn't needed I think I got hella lucky but they seem completely healthy and everything is fine
        Mine thing I'm curious about is on a few leaves there are "puddles" of a liquid and I have no idea where it's coming from

Comment

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          Was seeing the slimy brown stuff. It has cleared after this water change.. imma keep an eye out for it but as of earlier today it seems to have disapeared but no I'm not really using anything like hydroguard I thought about getting it but I'm refraining for now.. if it pops back up I will also I've already read that lol good read..

• ellz
          ellz commented
          Editing a comment
          I figured you had seen that already.

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          I damn near read this entire site before starting.. it's what I spent atleast 50% of my work shift doing lol.. and from time to time if I see something I remember reading about I'll try to find it.. I post because I like sharing and I always second guess myself and I have a memory like a gold fish.. and can't remember where something was

Plus it's always nice for someone to help when you need it.. (I swear I'm not old)

Update..
        all roots seem bright white so that's good I think it was just nute build up..

they soaked up a lot of water in the last week so I take that as a good sign

the water is clear instead of merky brown (when I made the water it was almost like swamp water) does that mean I'm not adding enough Nutes?

Ok so the runt has so far the biggest buds but she has some lower branches that don't seem to be doing so good.. should I try to tie them in a position in hopes of getting more light?
        Leave em be?
        Of chop em off in preference for the main stem?

Comment

• ellz
          ellz commented
          Editing a comment
          Man they are coming along great! By your water being clear do you mean it's still got color to it but you can see through it or do you mean it is like water? Also, are you mixing it well after you add all your nutrients? I do mine in a 5 gallon jug and shake the hell out of it before adding it. It ends up looking like tea when I go to pour it in. It's brownish red but see through.

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          I mix mine up in my 30 gallon tote.. use a big cooking spoon and stir my cauldron of growing elixer till it looks like chacolate milk.. or well chacolate water lol
          Then pump it in.. but no I mean from time to time I will check the rock wool to see how dry it is and poor a cup of water from inside the tote over it today it was crystal clear.. if this is why my roots are doing better I'm all for it but I'm just curious if I should add more
          Nutes but I really don't want to change anything specially since they are doing good but if I must I will for the ladies
          Last edited by Daskahn; 08-10-2017, 08:57 PM.

• ellz
          ellz commented
          Editing a comment
          You only really need to add more nutrients when your plants show a deficiency in all honesty. However, I usually swap my nutrients once a week and top off with only pHed, HydroGuard water.

Update time!
        Ok so just trucking along it seems.
        No real problems everything working smoothly
        two general questions nothing to serious

1.) by the size of the buds how much time do you think I have, I move in three weeks will anything be harvestable and how much?

2.) see the tall one in the back it's nearing the light I'm concerned for light burn any ideas I could raise the light but would compromise the amount of light runt get(I think)

Comment

Side note
          learnt an interesting lesson few days ago..
          water was a little low so I figured I'd top it off
          put the pump in my back up tote to pump the pre mixed solution in and I did.
          then left for my mini vacation(2 days)
          When I came home about 4-5 gallons was gone and my first thought was is that even possible
          so went to check my back up to see if I even had enough to top off again and to my surprise all the water was back in the backup......
          apparently when I turned off the pump it caused a suction and cyphened all the water plus some in the back up so mixed again and pumped it back.. this time I made sure to remove the pump after finishing lol

Comment

Update photos

one is a side view I defoliate most of the lower leaves off but nothing really has grown back is this normal?

Comment

Just some update photos

Comment

Look at this

Comment

Nice picture, starting to get a little frost.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

Those are looking good Daskahn! Keep up the good work!
                    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
                    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

Update photo

Comment

• ellz
                        ellz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Coming along very well!

Update
                      so I plan on starting molasses feeding here soon
                      added some sugar today not really sure if it's the same but it's what I had

is there anything I should be doing at this stage other then sitting and waiting..

Comment

• ellz
                        ellz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just basically checking on the plants every couple of days and making sure the reservoirs stay full. Other than that...you are basically just sitting back and watching the "grass" grow!

• Daskahn
                        Daskahn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That sounds vaguely familiar lol

• ellz
                        ellz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I thought it might.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X