Need auto flower opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need auto flower opinions

I've never grown autos so I'm just looking for some opinions on the pros or cons vs photo plants. In my 3x3 tent would I be better to grow 2 autos or 2 photos. I'm all about yeild and potencey. One reason I like photos is because when I cut the lights back it saves electric cost vs leaving lights on 20+ for autos.

In my opinion, photos yield more and take longer. Strain genetics is huge in building yield and potency.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Autos are very potent..Very..yield is also good.. Two months or so from sprout..then done..can't beat it.. You can have two auto grows for your one photo grow. Shit it is worth a run of them anyway so you know for yourself.. Lots of good genetics out there as well..
      Last edited by Green75; 07-25-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Check out truenorth seeds they have a huge selection!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

I recently pulled 20oz off 3 autos in a 2x4 under 600HPS in 71 days from seed. Dense buds and potent.
            Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
            600W HPS
            Coco
            GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
            Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
              tyler_ hobbyist commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a huge yeild how did u do it?

• Californiakid
              Californiakid commented
              Editing a comment
              Man that was a great pull ! I just read the whole journal. Only caught bits before I joined. I'm starting my first auto grow. You are an inspiration my friend.
              Cheers

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              tyler_ hobbyist all the details are in the journal in my signature.

abadtrip Auto Afghan Kush Ryder by World of Seeds. Bought from Seedsman

Californiakid thanks mate. Any questions ask away and i'll help as best as I can

Auto Lemon Haze from MSNL. 4 plants under 1 315 LEC growing freaking out of hand can't keep them tied up, 8 ft ceilings had to Super crop them from hitting the light, they started off slow as hell and then wow but looking at a hundred days right now.

Comment

Autos very easy and fun to grow.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                Speaking of easy and fun to grow...

When you starting a new run?

Grown only autos on my first pheno now autos are very easy and can get a decent yield in about 4 months from seed depends on strain etc as usual I never trained any of my autos and grew in soil very basic equals about 2 oz per plant add some knowledge better than my own and seen a lot bigger enjoy and have fun

Comment

Auto potency from top breeders (Mephisto) is as good as photos in my experience. With my latest perpetual set-up I'm aiming to produce 6-10 ozs a month every month from a 2x4 tent.

On the electricity issue, light really equals yield, more hours of light gets you more bud, so while your electricity bill may increase your yield should also increase. If you want a break on electricity growing autos then you can run 18/6 or 20/4. I haven't seen any yield/watt figures that show photos are more efficient than autos.
                Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X