Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing light schedule 7 weeks into flower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing light schedule 7 weeks into flower?

So 7 weeks into flower....

I started a job working the hours my lights are on.
    Half of my flowers still have 50% white hairs, some slightly more. Trichomes are clear. So I feel that they'll go a few more weeks.

-My question is should I not mess with the schedule this close to the end?

-As long as I maintain 12 hours of darkness changing shouldn't bother anything right?

-Would I be better off to leave the lights off for 24, then turn 'em back on the new schedule,?

-Or adjust an hour or two at a time, maintaining 12/12, until the desired schedule is achieved?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I can't wait to start my perpetual auto grow when these are done. The like the appeal of not worrying about 12 hours of darkness and one light schedule for all stages.
    Cheers
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

If you can't wait couple more weeks until harvest and you absolutely must change the light/dark pattern then do it half hour at a time everyday. When doing so it is better to disrupt the light cycle than the dark. Remember less than 11-12 hrs of uninterrupted darkness and cannabis start doing all kinds of funky shit you don't want at this stage. If I were you I'd just suck it up on this grow and not take a chance ruining my harvest and leave the schedule alone. Good luck!
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Well it seems either the timer is broken or I screwed up. I got home from work early, so I started to open my room and realized before I got the door open the lights were off.
    It's been almost 24 hours of darkness.

-Should I go to lights on this evening and switch like I wanted to?

-wait until morning and set to come an hour later than the old schedule?

-or keep the original timing because there's been enough stress with the lights being out all day?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm thinking 8pm lights on. 8am lights out. Hopefully that will help deal with the heat as well. Better for my work schedule and family schedule.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        That's my girls schedule, works great in winter too with heating at night

Where's Jeg? He would help me sort out my ramblings lol.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Calikid, that's funny that they got those 24 hours darkness, which gives you the opportunity to change the lighting schedule as you wanted.

Jeg had to leave the forum for family reasons. I miss him, too.

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        me too

alltatup, I chickened out. I fixed the timer and and shifted the times an hour. You and lucky suggested not risking it this close to the finish. And I agreed.
      Thanks for your help 👍

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You are welcome; Lucky knew better than I did how to switch the time around.

So a few days later...

I tell a friend my situation and how I think changing from lights on with the sun up to lights off during the day would have been better. He without hesitation asked what time my lights go off tonight. I reply 530pm. What time do you want them on? 830pm. He said ok when the lights go off at 530 wait until 830 (3hours)and turn them on.

Wait....WHAT !

He explained that a one time jolt wouldn't stress the plant enough to herm. But if I were to shift little by little, it would stretch out the duration of the stress over time causing it 2 hermie.

So after much deliberation, I decided to roll the dice. It's been 2 weeks since the the shift and all systems are go ! Better heat management.
      No sign of stress. The flowers are finishing up great no nanners. Starting flush at next water.

Not a scientific study. But a risk was taken, results noted.
      Maybe someone else may find this useful.

Cheers Californiakid

ps: I don't know if I would do it again. Very stressful watching and waiting to see if I screwed up. But so close to the finish I figured there wasn't enough time for seeds to develop anyway.
      Last edited by Californiakid; 08-07-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        What I did contradicts multiple standards. I broke 12 hours of darkness, and completely shifted day to night in one shot. All happened within a month of harvest. But the logic seemed good enough to try it. Lol So far so good.

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude that's awesome! You're right about the stress factor, that alone would made me wait! But science is never advanced by reasonable people! Thanks for having cahones and jumping in the fire!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        LuckyAcres that's cojones. If we're talking about the same thing.

LuckyAcres sometimes my curiosity wins. Once in awhile it pays off. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
        LuckyAcres that's cojones. If we're talking about the same thing.
        I'm married to a teacher, I know you guys can't help it! 😂😂😂😂thanks for the correction though, One must always be correct when talking about balls.😬😬😂😂😂😜💪🏻😜
        x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          LuckyAcres Wellll, it's more than that. If you say cahones you are saying Crates or boxes. So you'd be saying to CAkid that he has crates and he's jumping into the fire, which sounds dangerous and ill-advised to me. Plus, you wouldn't want to say you have large cahones to a bunch of Mexicans. I'm just sayin...

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Well being I live in California aka northern Mexico,
          I believe alltatup was referring to "cajas"(boxes).
          "Cahones" spelled with an H is just Spanglish. Lol

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Spanglish is Mexican x English btw

[QUOTE=alltatup;n123550]LuckyAcres Wellll, it's more than that. If you say cahones you are saying Crates or boxes. So you'd be saying to CAkid that he has crates and he's jumping into the fire, which sounds dangerous and ill-advised to me. Plus, you wouldn't want to say you have large cahones to a bunch of Mexicans. I'm just sayin...[/QUOTE

good thing is I'm pretty sure everyone knew what I meant right away!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure they did

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude I'm all about Spanglish and Frenglish, been a hobby of mine for 22 years!!!!!😂😂😂😜😜😜😂😜

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Well now you know the diff between cojones and cajones.

Oh boy...so I completely missed it. I was so focused on the j and the h I missed the a and the o !

Guess I was really focused on the "jay" this morning.
        What a goofball lol..!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll share some Spanish professor humor. I have to explain to my students that it's very important to pronounce the ñ as "ny" (like in canyon) and not like an n. Año means year, but ano means anus, and you don't want to be telling people you have 22 anuses for your age.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X