Warmer nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warmer nights

I am currently doing a barn grow, have all the right equipment to keep necessary environment however, to save on electricity my air conditioners shut off at night...is there any negative to having slightly warmer nights if they are within optimal range???

Morning Oneup, You should be fine if everything is good like you say, Good Luck
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Hi Oneup, and welcome to the forum
      Standard wisdom is that weed prefers dark time that's about 10 degrees cooler than day/light time temps. This said, I've never seen what happens when you don't follow this.
      Are you growing photo period plants or autoflowers? What lights are you using?
      Just turning off the lights should drop your temps a little bit, and then I'd probably try to set my light timers so that dark time is during the coolest hours of the night.
      With environment you just do what you can, especially with a smaller grow. I've had my day/light temps hit 100 and my dark temps at 90 in my small tent and my plants survived (far from ideal though).
      If you have a bigger grow then it probably pays to keep the temps and humidity spot on ... an extra 10g on a one plant grow isn't worth a $100 AC bill, but an extra 10g on 100 plants would be worth it.

I grow under LED and have found that as long as my plants stay in the mid 80s and never top 90 they're just fine. I grow in a small tent so just turning off the lights drops my temps by 10 degrees. When I suffered from higher temps I found my yields were reduced and the weed itself was "larfy" ... airy and not very dense.
      Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X