Hydroponic systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydroponic systems

Do u have 1 more than just a bucket with a air stone not knocking that it works awsome but my question is. At the end of your cycle how do u clean the 50 plus feet of piping pumps and fittings. I am thinking of mixing up a really strong mix of h202 and running it through for a full 72 hrs to flush any salts left in the system then flush with water for another 48. Is there anything I can just run through it.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Lol mu plan was to plug up my bath tub fill it with about 20% bleach to water and stick in my water pumps with tubes attached and let it run for about an hour to make sure it pushs all through the tubes then drain and do just water for a full 24 hrs to clean the tubes of the bleach and let the tubes drain down the tube drain and just fill up a spare res with hot water and keep filling it as the pump and tubes drain that was my plan not sure if its a good plan tho lmao
    DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
    250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
    current grow: feminized blue wizard
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

I use Peroxide for the same

Comment

abadtrip For one thing, H2O2 is only viable for about 24 hours, but I would think that if you added new peroxide each day, that would do the trick.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

howdy abadtrip, That is why I use separated DWC reservoirs without all of the interconnecting plumbing. I have found that if it cannot be boiled or soaked in a strong bleach solution for cleaning, then it gets tossed out. Replacing a $10 water pump, a $6 distributor, and two $2 air stones is a small price to pay for a clean system. I tried, in the past, to sterilize the air stone in H2O2, but that did not work, and they can not be soaked in bleach because it will 'leach' out into the new grow. I clean out the reservoirs with first, a 50% white vinegar and water solution overnight, then wash out with soap (anti-bacterial) and water, then leave them soaking filled with a 25% bleach solution over night. The reason that I use the vinegar solution is to remove and leftover nutrient salt residue that has been deposited on the surface of the reservoir. I have had a granular 'coating' on the bottom a side of the reservoirs after cleaning and drying before, the vinegar dissolves this away.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• abadtrip
            abadtrip commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks I never thought of vinegar

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X