Trichome questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichome questions

Hi All , I'm getting close to my first harvest and was wondering how quickly will the trichomes change from clear to whole milk? Shooting for peak THC production .....I have one plant that has mostly amber pistils and the trichomes are half clear and half milky and 3 others that are just starting to get milky. Does the strain matter? should I be checking every day?. I have 4 White Widows auto/ fems 71 days from seed. So excited..... the smell is heavenly. Also wondering if I should start flushing.

Howdy carblevel, I usually wait until a few of the cloudy tricomes become amber, the start the flush. This will result in the highest levels of the THC (and , all puns are intended! LOL). I generally harvest before there are (approximately) 10% of the cloudy trichomes turning amber, unless You want a more relaxing 'couch lock' experience.
    Good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Ok got it......so I might be jumping the gun a little..... ballpark time frame from starting to cloud up and then starting to turn amber, would that be days or weeks do you think ? Thanks DW2

Comment

It a pretty slow process, weeks , gotta have patience, I know it's hell but will be well worth the wait. Hang in their.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Ok Thanks DAAS

Comment

I'm no auto expert, but I've read they average 85 -90 days from seed to chop. If you add two weeks to your 71, you're at 85. Maybe wait a week, flush a week to ten days and chop. But, watch those trichomes and go with what DW2 says, start flush when a few cloudy go to amber. Have fun!
            4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Thanks Sheesh will do

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey carb, all good advice above. One thing I learned in the past year of growing: on my second harvest, I definitely harvested too early. There was still too much clear in the trichome heads, and the heads hadn't swelled up yet. If you are examining the triches under a microscope every week, I think you'll definitely see the point when they are all milky and the heads look much more like mushroom heads, like spilling over the stalk a little. I didn't wait for that point on grow # 2, so the weed turned out quite good, but not as kick ass as it would have been if I'd waited 2-3 more weeks.

Point being, I didn't know to look for the swelling up of the heads, but I can see the difference in pictures now.

Great tips alltatup thanks so much, wasn't sure how fast the harvest window will last and didn't want to harvest too early if I can avoid it

feel a lot better now thanks everyone for the help

Comment

You got about a 2 week window to go by maybe a little longer, depends on how you like the high.more amber more couch lock, very little amber more racy feeling. And like Alltatup says you can't miss by watching for the swelling of the heads they start looking deformed or exploding, easy to tell when that happens. Then you still got a couple of weeks to go to get 30 or 40 percent Amber. Good Luck it's pretty easy to watch out for.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

Ok great ....thanks DAAS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X