hydroponic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hydroponic

First time hydroponic grower,bottom leaves are turning yellow,plant is super skunk,about a month old, has 4 sets of leaves, roots have not extended into dwc container yet pH is kept between 5.5 and 6.5. Using fox farm for hydroponic, grow box is 24 inches high, using led lighting, want to know how tall can I grow before I kick in blooming, I think grow box is 300 watt led, has filter and fan,light timer, have air pump, lites on 18 hours a day,if anything what I doing wrong, thank you,for any help

Welcome to GWE Jeff.

Could you post a pic under normal light.

What is your nutrient schedule.

How many gallons is the reservoir.

Reservoir temperature.
    The empty ports where the pots go need to blocked. You can't allow any light into your reservoir. I would also change the clear airline to black.

​​​​​​​
    Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
    5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
    If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Hi jeff, Pokedsmot is correct!!! Cover the empty holes and don't let light into the reservoir or you will have serious problems with your roots.

Depending on the strain you are growing, you won't want to let your plants get too much taller before you switch them to flower. You don't have a lot of room for the flower stretch in a 24" tall box.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I agree with the previous comments. I just had root rot issues that are starting to clear up (light leaks were the suspected perp in my case). No light to the rez! Read my root rot? Thread if you want to see what I went through. I would suggest you make some Heisenberg tea if you do happen to encounter root rot or some brown slime issues.

Disclaimer: I'm newer to growing than you are, but I have been reading about root rot until my eyes are bleeding lol. However, thanks to allatup and a bunch of other people's help, my root rot issues are starting to clear up, and I have some awesome healthy new white roots growing. Listen to these people here, they know what they're talking about.
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Listen to what mcubed476 says.Great advice.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

1 gallon , change feeding about ever week

Comment

Pitcher

Comment

Thanks for the help, since it only 24 inch box, how tall can I get before bloom, thanks again

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jeff, you sure don't want to switch to flower before you have a good strong bunch of roots. Read up on GWE about LST: that will keep her from getting too tall. But she needs to get much stronger and have more leaves, too.

Thanks very much

Comment

How about plant picture

Comment

Thanks for the info, that was my last skunk plant, I covered the container with black tape, the water is a lot better, isn't getting murky or slime build up on air stone, went ahead and cut all the dead leaves off, so now I believe its a wait game, I have about a dozen white widow seeds, going to start germination 3 seeds, I cool the room it got above 85 degree, so the plant could had heat stress, again thanks a lot, I hope I do better with the white widow

Comment

Hey 1961 I'm sure you will do well with your plants , if you need help that's what this site is for to help. You have been getting some great advice from Alltatup, Pokedsmot, an mcubed476 I don't see how you can go wrong.Good Luck.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

That plant didn't make it, so I had a funreal for it, but I took it apart, the roots never made it to the water, so my question is how long does it take for white widow roots get to the water , thank you

Comment

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jeff, when I first started growing hydropically last year, I had that problem with the roots being "reluctant" to descend into the reservoir. I don't recall clearly everything that happened to your plant, but if you overwatered it, you drowned the roots, plus they had not reason to descend and look for water. So with seedlings, it's a delicate balancing act between keeping them moist and having the bubbly water close enough to the bottom of the net pot to attract the roots downward.

Hey ya Jeff, Welcome to GWE!

I must be missing something....

You have a DWC inside a 24" tall grow box, plus a 300w LED in there too?

Even mounted to the ceiling that's like 4" just for the light chassis. Your DWC tank is how tall? It's almost gotta be at least 8" tall and that's tiny. so that's 12" used for equip leaving 12" for plant height and light distance. Let's say for the sake of argument that you can get the plants within 6" of the light, which I don't think you can. That leave us with 6" total plant height, half of that for the stretch, so you would want to flower at 3" plant height. Or LST it keeping everything at 3".

If all of that is correct I'd say ditch the LED, well try it once I guess but the outcome seems pretty certain, lol. and hook up a couple florescent tubes or some CFL's. How big of a square is the space?

But like I said I must be missing something. It wouldn't be the first time, lol.
                      The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
                      Water Curing Experiment
                      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• GanjaGed
                        GanjaGed commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I did a few grows in a couple of storage tubs stacked together but even that gave me 34". little 6" pots, cfls and lot's of tying down. LOL I did manage a nifty scrog set up at one point. So it can be done for sure. The LED's might be a big problem that close though, if you had another 6" to foot height it would make a hell of a difference.

Mine is 6 feet 11 inches tall and has worked for me.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X