Need some real feed back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some real feed back

Really need some feed back. I have been trying out this cash crop 5.0 LED grow box that as a novice to this grow world i brought looking for something simple for a beginner, and could grow indoors without drawing much attention. Price tag $545.00, and came with everything needed to start your grow (beside seeds). The claim was 6 plants hydro in a 1 gallon reservoir! The photos are of my setup! My first grow i seeded 6 plants, and only was able to get 1 plant to harvest, with a sorry yield of maybe 5grams of smoke-able bud. The bud was fire, but just was nothing there....I just harvested another grow in this setup (strawberry sour diesel) I started with 5 plants, had pull 3, and just harvest a sorry maybe 12 grams from 2 plants.
    Right after i bought this setup I started to read reviews that was not good, with statements like YOU WILL NEVER GROW 6 PLANTS TO HARVEST IN THIS SETUP, and as i did more research I have not found 1 review where someone has claim to have harvest a successful grow of good bud in any Cash crop setup yet.
    Another grower made a comment when i first started my second grow with 5 plants, he said you going to grow 5 plants in that 1 gal reservoir? Good Luck! After harvesting this second grow, I believe that grower was right on point! This 1 gal reservoir will never successfully grow more than 1 plant, it can not maintain the root system of more than 1 plant. I had to remove 3 plants in this second grow, the roots was so tangle up i had to cut the roots at the pot base and leave the roots inside . I had to cause all kind of shock to the other plants roots too.
    I am about to start my third and final grow with this setup, before I just get me a nice grow tent, and put it together right. I had plan on trying to grow only 2 plants of white widow, but in a 1 gal reservoir those roots are going to tangle, and a problem with 1 plant is a problem with both plants! But my gut is telling me man grow 1 plant, and see if you can first harvest a good grow period in this thing! what do you think?

Personally, just my opinion, I'd forget that thing go on the GWE site and build a DWC for about 50 bucks or less.

This step-by-step grow guide will teach you how easy it is to grow cannabis using bubbleponics. This method provides consistent huge yields and a quicker harvest compared to most other grow methods.
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• GanjaGed
      GanjaGed commented
      Editing a comment
      You can even salvage some parts like the net pots and such

How big is the cabinet?
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

At 12 grams, you got the maximum a (20w LED) light will likely produce, regardless of how many plants you have!
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Yea tht light is your main problem maby u could find room for another type of light like a 60 watt UFO led tht might be about the same size with 3 times as strong as yours just me but thts alot of money spent to just not use it and yea u should only grow one plant in there but with some plant training u could have a nice one plant grow going and get at least an ounce plus u could get tht new tent set it up and u would have two grows going or even use the one you have to veg your plants and a new tent as your flowering tent anyways thts wht I would do I'm all about useing the stuff I alrdy have. good luck and dnt give up light = weight

Comment

Someone could grow 6 lettuce or spinach or something similar in there, but they were never designed for 6 cannabis plants unless they were tiny SOG clones maybe.

As the others have already mentioned light is your biggest limiting factor here, 12g is a pretty good result from a 20W light so although it doesn't seem like much 1.67g per watt is great.
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            I was actually thinking about that, mini SOGs would be kinda fun it it.

Indeed I truly appreciate these comments GanjaGed , OzBud , Weed Pharma , and St.buds , what you saying is exactly the things that have been in my head. But as a beginner, you spend most of your time on trial and error.I told my ole lady, if nothing else work i grow tomato's in this bastard but for the price tag she gonna grow something! LOL St.bud you hit my gut feeling exactly. I am going to order a good UFO 60watt LED, grow 1 white widow, top once and LST, and see if this gives me a suitable personal grow. While that going I am going to invest in a suitable indoor grow text something that I can grow 4 plants hydro, and put the right kind of LED light power in there strong enough to safely produce excellent bud.

Comment

• St.buds
            St.buds commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome man hope it works out and if not tht will make a great vegitation room you should post up a grow journal you can save pics and dates on this site tht way and honestly u got me interested I no if u tweek tht box a little it will work

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            allmyown, Before you order another LED for that set up- realize that most need 24" distance above the plant in veg- Check the specifications as I am seeing sizes of 2' or 3' tall cabinets for that brand. So while more light is needed the equiptment may not support it!

In the end- growing is a lesson in patience and balance.

• allmyown
            allmyown commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks St.buds & Weed Pharma. I decided to work that patience route, I got some great coaching and experience in my first 2 grows off this site, that i am not going to rush this next grow yet. One reason is I got some dam good strains, and I don't want to waste them! I got the 3' tall version of the Cash Crop 5.0. I really think a 60Watt UFO LED would be max light for this setup, growing 1 plant max. But will really review
            specs

allmyown!
          there is a simpe way to plan your grow space for proper use. just have to learn to see it from a different angle.
          your first question should be "how much yield do i need, and how often? this will determine how much canopy you will need to produce that much weight. which in turn will determine how much space you need to contain that amount of canopy. then you match your lights (footprint and watts equivalent) to properly saturate that canopy.
          number of plants is irrelevant because in most cases you can create the same canopy with one plant as you can with 25, depending on how you veg your plants. your timeline, your preference.
          starting your planning this way, in combination with the vast info on the website, might help streamline your decision making process and avoid a lot of regretful purchases that new growers like us make. i didnt learn this mentality til after my 1st grow, but it sure has simplified my planning since then!
          theres way more research to be done once you have your space and lights planned. you will need to decide how you will cool/heat and ventilate/ not ventilate your area. but thats big enough to be its own step/topic, and since ur questions are mostly about light/yield, i will leave it there.
          hope i could help some, one newbie to another.
          good luck!

Comment

• allmyown
            allmyown commented
            Editing a comment
            Intergalactic_harvester you helping a great deal! thanks for this insight and info, it makes good sense to me. Being that my main focus now is getting a grow tent, and build it to spec. you are correct........For now i am going to continue reading, than i decided my next step is to share my needs with the family and build that setup right here on this forum

here is 4 plants in hydro.
          my canopy is 4.5 ft × 5 ft in a 5×5 tent. i just topped yesterday morning and this coming week will be week 1 of flower. after the stretch my canopy will be wall to wall and 2 to.2.5 ft deep.
          vegged under 500w t5s, then 3 more weeks veg under 1000w mh get em nice n mean, and then flower under 1000w hps.
          i got 2.25 lbs total dry weight on my first grow with 25% less canopy (cuz i should have spread them out more) and i am expecting harvest weights to be very similar this time too, only with thicker, fuller colas and waaaaay more stink!
          im pretty lucky for a new grower in that my mistakes have been in my favor this far. the money i have thrown away on poor/uneducated decisions has been offset by overproduction, as the dollar value of what i produced exceeds ALL of my purchases and expenses, plus paid for most if not all of this second run.
          but now i need to downsize. i dont sell, so im gonna be knee deep in jars by summers end. and that means spending MORE money on smaller setups, lol.
          anyway, some shots for perspective...

Comment

• allmyown
            allmyown commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow okay now that looks sweet right there, omg i envy that sight lol but trust im get there! your first grow brought back that kind yield id be in heaven lol but grow of that yield would be to much for me, i am looking at max 10 to 16 ozs, just something on a nice personal level. I just like the fact of having different sprains , and a treat for invited friends.

Beautiful IH , good job, excellent harvest in your future.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
            intergalactic_harvester commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks, and i hope so. could be my last for a bit. owners want to sell the house, so i gotta get out there and find that perma home pretty soon.
            then... i can start building dreams!

Amen ,Good in your searching. IH
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Okay fam i am back! Mission #1 upgrading grow lights in the Cash Crop 5.0. As stated the setup came with a 20watt LED grow light . We agree that light will never produce the type of bud i am looking to grow, nor does it give off enough light to produce quality bud. The photo is of my cash crop setup , here the specs 34.75" T x 16.5" W x 11.25" D , and the other photo's are of the Emasun 50watt LED UFO grow light i plan to upgrade too? We also agreed that a 1 gallon reservoir is only suitable to grow 1 plant successfully. So my future grows will only be 1 plant goal is 3oz or better of white widow! comments please....

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              allmyown, I have a good size DWC box and a small box that I got originally to vegetate plants in before moving them to the big box for flower. But I've been reading about micro grows, which can certainly make the most out of a small space. No one wants to flush $565 down the toilet!!

Check this out:
              lets have a look....at what goin on inside now http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/1/2/19384drbud_week01b1.jpg http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/1/2/19384drbud_week02b1.jpg http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/1/2/19384drbud_week031.jpg http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/1/2/19384drbud_week041.jpg http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/1/2/19384drbud_week051.jpg http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/1/2/19384drbud_week061.jpg

• allmyown
              allmyown commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for this info alltatup, I get so confused cause I look around and I see people growing great bud in grow spaces smaller than mine, yet I can't seem to get there in this grow setup. I believe one of the main reason is this setup 20watt LED, is just not enough light power to take my grow there. Then someone say , why don't you read up on Micro growing, and you say to yourself Duh, I should of been done that! LOL. The hardest part for me right now is not rushing to grow again! Be patient , and read up some more is my goal...Appreciate you alltatup

Well decided to go with this UFO upgrade. delivery is Monday, and I decided instead of the 1 white widow, I try 1 blueberry under this light and see what i get.....

Comment

Good Luck with your grow Allmyown , whatever you end up with will be more than what you started with. I bet it will be good stuff too.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

• allmyown
                allmyown commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks D.A.A.S.69, I am smoking on some strawberry sour diesel i harvested about 17 days ago. I got about 12 grams total from 2 plants, buds was very small and some not to its full maturity. Yet the potency is fire! That why the decision for now on is 1 plant in this setup, and i need more light power. I am getting a good feeling about this 50watt UFO, top once, and LST , just might work well for me.

well my first UFO measurements was not correct, so i have return it for a different UFO LED 75watt (50watt actual) grow light. I do have heat concerns, but the UFO has its own fan, and the grow box also has a exhaust fan built into the box, so figure that should handle heat. my goal of satisfaction will be 1 plant, yield 1.5 to 2.0 OZ of good bud. This next grow will either work like I desire with 1 top, and LST, or I will strip the box, transferring all the parts to my grow tent and use the box as a bud dryer!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X