No announcement yet.

First Time Grower, First Time Shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey HighNoon your plants are looking fine, but you need to be looking at other things too, as for waiting for Amber cause that doesn't always work , is she still drinking lots of water? Are the buds exploding in spots,? Big knots or bumps on the buds? Pistols going back. My NLAUTO I just harvested on day 87 still had some straight white pistils on her but she was ready. She quit drinking water at the end and turned yellow, we are smoking some that has been in the jars for over 3 weeks now that is the smoothest tasting pot an strongest effects that we have smoked in a long time. I hope you have a great harvest too.Although trichs are the best way to check for ripeness it's not the only way . Good Luck.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Very nice!
      The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback everyone! It's great reading the nice comments and feeling reassured that I'm doing a good job with my first grow.

DAAS, thank you for that bit of info! I've done a lot of research but had never come across the technique of looking at their water consumption as an additional indicator of ripeness. I'll definitely keep an even closer eye on how much water they're sucking up!

As of right now, they're drinking almost a gallon each per 24 hours. Now of course some of that gets lost to the environment, but that's how much water is missing from their reservoir right at the 24 hour mark. So they're still drinking about as much as they always have since switching to flowering. I'll keep a close eye on this as well though, thanks again DAAS!

Comment

Small update: I'm thinking about harvesting them tomorrow (on day 64). Considering the strain (two indicas), I think 64 days will be enough flowering time and I definitely don't want to harvest too late.

What do you guys think? They look roughly the same as last time but I'll be posting more pictures soon if that helps.

Comment

• ItsHighNoon
            ItsHighNoon commented
            Editing a comment
            It's been a couple days, but I have looked at the trichomes. I'll need to double check, but last time at least half of them were cloudy with very few amber trichomes. I'll report back in with photos and an update on the trichomes in a couple hours when I'm back home!

• ItsHighNoon
            ItsHighNoon commented
            Editing a comment
            Alright, just got home and was able to have a good look at the trichomes. Most of them are cloudy, plus their water intake seems to be slowing down, so I'm going to go ahead and harvest them, I'll report back tomorrow!

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like a good plan if most of em are cloudy; that's peak harvest in my book.

Really curious how your harvest is going?
          Current grow:
          Strains: White Walker Kush Fem from DNA Genetics and Blue Afghan X Sour Diesel Fem from Stranger Seeds​​​

Medium: Kind Soil topped with Ocean Forest in 3.9gal autopots with a 12gal reservoir

Light: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG600H

Nutes: Plain PHd water

Area: 20in D x 36in W x 60in H Tent, 4" inline exhaust, 4" inline intake, and 6" circulation fan.

Methods: topping, LST, defoliation.

Germination: Dropped right in the soil

Comment

Apologies for the delay, I was exhausted after taking everything down yesterday. I harvested them about 12 hours ago and decided not remove the leaves after doing some research and finding that it seems to improve taste if you leave the leaves on during drying (even though it's annoying to cut dry leaves afterwords), plus I think it helps with humidity, without the leaves on my humidity would be much too low I'm betting. Curious to hear other schools of thought on this though!

The dry environment is sitting at 72-74 degrees and 45-47 humidity.

Thanks for everything along the way so far, you guys are awesome and have been a huge help throughout this!

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, you even left the fan leaves on!! Well, whatever will prolong the DRYING process is really, really good for the cure.

Final update from me: Everything has been dried, trimmed, and put into jars. I went into this aiming for 10 ounces for my first grow, and being that I had zero experience with any sort of growing it was definitely a big number to aim for, but I put the time in doing research and studying constantly throughout the process and everything went extremely smoothly start to finish.

The harvest was 9.5 ounces, just a hair shy of my goal, but I couldn't be happier with everything. This was a great experience and I had a lot of fun.

As for my report on the strains:
            "Pineapple Express #2" is definitely the winner. No doubt about it. It's a LOT more difficult to grow due to the weight of the buds and the constant support they needed to stay upright, but the yield was incredible, and the smell is unbelievable; Such a sweet aroma. Pineapple Express also yielded a lot more. If I had grown 2x Pineapple Express instead, my yield would have probably ended up at around 12-13 ounces or more.

"Northern Light" was good, but I wasn't a fan of the type of leaves it produces, they tend to bunch up and block a lot of light, plus it grew extremely tall and I had issues with keeping it far enough from the light. Other than that, it needed very little support, which was nice.

As for how they smoke:
            Even though they've not been cured yet, I did try both strains several times. I don't even have words to describe how amazingly they smoke!

I'm going to try to anyway though; They both produce such an incredibly wide array of effects it's difficult to cover it all. I honestly didn't know it could be this good.

The best way I know to describe it is that they're both so full of character, if that makes sense at all. Normally when I smoke, I don't feel any particular effects besides, well, being high... there's no character, no additional effects, I'm just high for about an hour and then it fades. When smoking this stuff however, I feel more creative, relaxed, talkative, and my thoughts and memories feel a lot easier to access when smoking compared to other stuff. I also feel a wide range of body effects, relaxation and pain relief particularly so. And the best part? It lasts so damn long. Like I said, I normally stay high for about an hour when smoking - not this stuff though, one big hit of my stuff, and I'm completely blazed off my ass for 4 to 5 hours.

I actually thought maybe I was being a bit bias towards my own stuff at first, but I've already had several people tell me its the best they've ever had as well. Even dispensary stuff doesn't come close to this and I can truly see why people choose to grow their own. It's just a completely different level compared to anything else you can get your hands on.

And finally, the differences I've noticed between Northern Lights and Pineapple Express:
            Both strains are quite similar in regards to the happy/uplifting and relaxed effects they produce, but the big difference I've noticed is that Northern Lights has a very psychedelic undertone to it that Pineapple Express doesn't seem to have. Colors get a lot brighter, and I feel that same "oneness" feeling you get on psychedelics (albeit not nearly as pronounced) with Northern Lights. It's extremely cerebral.

Pineapple Express on the other hand is just relaxed. I feel talkative, happy, and completely blazed like I just got done smoking back to back for an hour straight. It's just insanely strong and long lasting.

Anyway, that's about it. Sorry if I went overboard on my report, I just wanted to do the plant justice and be as descriptive as possible on the differences between stuff you grow yourself versus stuff you find at a dispensary. It's truly no comparison. Thanks again for being with me along the journey, everyone!

Until next time, whenever that is!
            Last edited by ItsHighNoon; 08-14-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice grow and nice wrap up!

• Agentbuckwold3
              Agentbuckwold3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! I'd be bouncing off the walls with a harvest like that.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what you get for growing your own!!! Nothing beats it.

Yeah man...! That's awesome. I'll take quality over quantity any day. And you nearly hit your goal ! That's great too! Congratulations on a successful grow.
            Cheers Californiakid
            "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X