No announcement yet.

Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had great results with bag seed! Just make sure you start enough to compensate for males! I've been looking a lot into Attitude Seed Bank and also The Single Seed Center, but the reviews are slightly less better on those guys.. I'm still curious though! However, I just started some Cherry OG which are some Bag Seed, But I'm fairly confident that they are females

Comment

Originally posted by Wattze View Post
      I've had great results with bag seed! Just make sure you start enough to compensate for males! I've been looking a lot into Attitude Seed Bank and also The Single Seed Center, but the reviews are slightly less better on those guys.. I'm still curious though! However, I just started some Cherry OG which are some Bag Seed, But I'm fairly confident that they are females
      I always go with feminized seeds from a seed bank. That way you know for sure. I'm curious how do you know that they are female seeds? Do you know a way of telling that there are female? Very interesting.

Comment

• Weed Pharma
        Weed Pharma commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a batch of regular/random freebies- seeds and attempted to sex the seeds by the seed shape and attachment point appearance.

While I have no idea if there is any creedence to this hocus/pocus- It won't hurt to try by planting the identified Fems first- and then grow all of them following the recommendations listed above.

I'm a very small personal grower and plan to begin this in a couple of months, but may take a year to complete- and retest.

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure what the gender is just from looking at the seeds. There's a graphic that's been floating around since the 2000s that claims it shows you how to do it but it's been basically debunked. I also find it telling that in nearly 10 years I've only ever see this one graphic and never a real grower showing how to do it with real seeds in pictures or video.

From the growers I know who've tried using following the graphic, some say it doesn't work at all, and some say it's not perfect but works more than half the time. I guess that is better than random, but not good enough to bet your grow on. The other problem is sometimes you'll get regular seeds and none of them will "look" female, even though you know half of them are.

If you use the seed identification method on regular seeds you'll always grow a bunch of boys and unintentionally throw away some girls. Thats why breeders and commercial growers never use it and stick with feminized seeds or clones when they're growing for bud instead of breeding.

In fact, even the temperature and humidity during the first few weeks of life can change the ratio of males and females from a regular batch of seeds! So gender doesn't even seem to be set from birth anyway! If it's cool and humid during the first 3 weeks you'll get more female plants, and if it's hot and dry (or plants get stressed), you'll end up with more male plants.

We have a discussion going on about it here if you're interested!

Feminizing seeds involves transforming a once female into a male. Using the she-he, you pollinate a normal female. Since the female was turned into a male it carries no male chromosomes. The resulting progeny is theoretically female. Seems nature can be manipulated but you'll still find a rare male from now and then, from my research.

Mother nature seems to always hold the trump card. She will always be the exception to the rule, IMO.

Comment

I will try and let you know what happens ..Its nice having a place to ask opinions
        Bubblehead
        4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
        4 Cures and a Life time gardener
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

Gorilla Seeds is where I got mine. They came contained in the belly of a BIG FAT BUDA

Comment

This is one of the plants I am trying to grow. It was a free seed from Gorilla.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X