No announcement yet.

1st bubbleponics grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well been a week or so but been trimming and drying . I cut small outside branches on the 3rd and cut and hung on the 8th so doing a little trimming now . I don't trim as high and tight as most people my hands get shakey .
    Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• MedMan
      MedMan commented
      Editing a comment
      hey ATU I usually leave them on to dry because they are so sticky when green then trim after a few days dry time . Still a bit wet but when I leave all that on it takes a lot longer to dry too. But most of the buds are medium heavy not rock hard buds but they might tighten a little . And saving all trim for dry ice I even have a jar from my plant last grow almost a year back now so will add that to the dry ice hash stash .

• MedMan
      MedMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Also I should leave them to hang in the grow room but I keep large boxes that are new and clean and poke holes in the top. Of the long end and hang them seems to slow the cure and dry down also helps it dry , I think . I leave one side totally open and the fans in the room keep fresh air circulation around . But no mold at 45%-55% humidity in that room and 75*-77* temp so it does slow it down . I was trimming in front of the TV and my sis walks in and almost got knocked over from the aroma . They say smell but I like the "aroma"

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I need to try your method on my upcoming harvest. I look at the ww and the c99, and they are so covered with triches that I just cant see cutting the leaves. AND I like the idea of slowing the dry down, too.

And later I will set up my little micro camera up and get trich pics . I don't use a scale so will just have a rough idea by jar fills . But airy buds don't weigh as much as nice dense bugs .
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Here's how I dry out mains I could ad a pic to last post
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That is so cool!!

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! That's a great drying box idea!

Great idea MedMan. I bought a UHaul wardrobe box a couple of years ago because I usually dry in my tent but I had a harvest I thought would have staggered finish times. Turned out they all were ready at the same time so I never used it. I like your regular decent size box better than the wardrobe box I bought. It was enormous and just awkward to move around. It's completely filled by my girlfriends quilting fabric now so I'll be looking for boxes like yours this round. I have three strains and the AK-48 is supposed to be a fast finisher.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea Sheesh I've seen those and a lot bigger than the one I have actually its bigger than my grow room .And the way I have the long colas hanging they shrink and slip out of the hole so I keep a pen or pull them up and bend them over to hold them but with the wardrobe box it has a few metal rails I could tie lines across and hang with clips. . Thanks
        Last edited by MedMan; 08-12-2017, 10:33 PM.

Just finished trimming all colas and got them jarred . I don't have a scale but ended up with 4 full quart jars of buds and 3 full of keef for dry ice hash . might have a little from the keef to add to joints or vape . Oh and I didn't read Nebula's email about a perpetual grow but I shut off everything but the fans in the grow room and had left a few little popcorns on there and opened the door today and it has started growing again so I need to look at her weekly email and read it ..
      If I can I will get a few pics up . It looks pretty sad but can't believe the growth on it still .
      Last edited by MedMan; 08-12-2017, 10:42 PM.
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on getting it all jarred; I'm just about a week ahead of you in the curing process. Have fun making hash!!! I love doing that.

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks ATU .Good luck on your new grow too !!!

Put all out on a lunch tray to dry a little and re jar to make sure no mold starts so got a few pics . Also has a sweet smell. Like a little cinnamon cookie or something now that the green grass smell is growing away . Only thing I can think of is it might be girl scout cookie strain or some type like that . But it was bag seed so I'll never know
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are some really nice buds, MedMan!

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice haul!

Thanks ATU and Aloner . Going to give her a try in a few days when I have a week cure and a little dryer . Smells great now that the fresh cut grass smell is going away .
      Can't wait to try her
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You have great self-control!!!!! ;-}

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I know ATU its tough but having Dr appts and nurses in a lot this week for next vaca at hospitaa I'm slowing down a little also with all the seeds the more I let it dry out when I shake the jars more seeds pop out . I think that's why the buds didn't tighten up nice ..They are a little spongy even the large ones . Still not sure why it was full of seeds . But I will have plenty of emergency seeds . But will definatly give smoke report . It smells amazing.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        MedMan you must have had some kind of light leak during the dark period for flowering? (I don't remember if we discussed that possibility before.) Stay chill dealing w/ all the docs, nurses, etc.!!!!!

SMOKE report . Just hit my 1st rolled one .
      Just had about 10 hits few minutes ago and I can't believe how smooth this hits . And now having trouble using my phone to type this thanks for auto correct now . Nice heavy head going on now . Definally a indica . OK have to finish or drop phone .and this is at a 3week cure dam this is going into my doomsday joint box . bye

OK had to come back and add this .been 10minutes in and I'm down now really going to bed now
      Last edited by MedMan; 08-25-2017, 02:35 AM.
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        EXCELLENT smoke report!!!! Don't drop the phone!!!!!

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks ATU . Now I'm up and about and able to think straight .
        This smoke reminded me of the first time I had sicimelia in the 70s . Just absolutely comfortably numb . If it wasn't 3 in the morning I would have laid back with the stereo playing pink Floyd or the white album . Man I can't wait to share this with friends .
        Nice heavy but mellow complete couch lock which I like .
        Big problem is the seeds . Cleaning this out takes time but I will grow this one again and try to get a seedless grow out of it ..

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You know, total darkness when you switch em to flower so the flowering hormone can do its thing. You will get it next time.

Back in the 70s, I used to sift my weed through a colander to get out all the seeds.

I cleaned out my hydro pot out and look at the root system I pulled out . And this isn't even the ball that was on the main stem when I pulled it . At the end of the grow I was having trouble keeping water dripping from the top loop and this is why . But when I start it back up I'm putting in a filter and an airstone it the reservoir to fix it I hope .
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Hey guys and gals here going to be starting a new grow in my GH pot in a few weeks but I want to improve the pot with added air stones and drill holes around the top rim to have somewhere to ty branches down for manifolding . Putting in a order to get seeds and might start with some autos . But I still have about 1k seeds from the first plant in the pot . Not sure if I fu#ked it up moving lights around all the time when flowering but had to be a newbie mistake . But also can seedy buds be genetic ? Not sure but would like to know
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          If the seeds are feminised and from a reputable breeder, then no.

Oh and I only have a month on cure on the last grow and just keeps getting smoother and laid back . Not heavy couchlock but nice laid back watch stupid movies on TV or listen to floyd to drift off to sleep . Nice ..
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• MedMan
          MedMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Stevenics . That was my first hydroponics grow still learning a lot here on the forum glad to see its back up .

awesome harvest man.

Comment

Hey all. Just finished modifying my General Hydroponics grow pot . I got it all cleaned out then added a air stone in the reservoir and drilled a dozen holes around the top lip of the pot so I have easier ways to hold down the limbs when training . And bought a Vipraspectra 450 Par light that has the dimmable 3 color spectrums so with my short room I can dim em down without burning . I only have about 40" between the top of the pot and light max . I am also adding some of the small led light grow strips on the sides near the bottom . I think my last grow got seeded up because I kept messing with the lights . I had started with LED added my older HPS 150 during veg then moved my 300 led to hang in the front and that was in bloom so I screwed up where I should have left it alone it might not have got so full of seeds if I didn't keep messing with it I think .But it was my first hydro grow and couldn't leave it alone .
          Also just ordered from seedsman and they have a special running for a few more days that buy $50 worth of seeds get $50 worth free seeds and they still give the bitcoin discount so I ended up getting all females and some autos but ended up with 28 seeds for $82 but I also paid for tracking and ins for the package and first order is another $10 off. So when I finished my order at $129 and had all discounts and freebies $82 wasn't bad . And can wait to start my next grow .
          Using 150 Watt HPS
          Trying 300 watt LED
          Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You made out like a bandit at Seedsman!! I just used bitcoin for the first time with them.

• MedMan
            MedMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi ATU just got my email package shipped . They happened to have a extra special special that last a few days according to their email . And might even have more than I thought because the rexiept says special bitcoin bundle so not sure if its 8 or 16 seeds because not sure if they count shipping to the bonus . But bitcoin payment is definatly the way to go with seedsman . . Good to hear from you ATU been a crazy house here so lucky I didn't germinate anything but will be starting in a few weeks now I hope .
            Where you able to catch the extra deals ATU ?

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Good deal!! It's gonna be like Christmas when your package arrives!!!

Wow I'm growing in a similar setup as you pretty small grow box How many times did you top the plant it looks like your top one time and that was enough to help you keep the plant pretty small? Thanks man this is my first time grow too I'm growing in Coco coir

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X