No announcement yet.

1st bubbleponics grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here is another update . I think I'm giving the plant flash burn from all the pictures I take so far I'm up to about 300 photos of the girl and will put together a bunch on the plant grow forum after this finishes . I know I keep putting a lot of the same pics up but I do see growth . Also some of the smaller buds are starting to get there the pistils are curling and browning up so I might harvest and try those while waiting for the large colas to finish . The big ones are still almost all white still but getting some curl happening .
    And the big one that has like 2 stems is the one I cut but because it kept getting into the light .
    The last pic is just the bottom of the plant that's why I need to cut back just hate to do too much while in flower mode
    Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      If you got an iphone check out the app SuperVision+. It's good. Not quite the same as a hand held microscope, but it lets you save pics.

• MedMan
      MedMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Alltatup I down loaded 3 magnification apps and the supervision app works best . But looks like I better order one of the microscopes that hook to my phone or iPad because since I'm in a chair I cant really see the higher buds and hold the phone . But the smaller buds near the bottom are starting to get a few like 3-4 amber trichomes on them but the big buds up top still look clear and pisitls still white and not curling much yet . Thanks for the app it is better than just the phone .

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      MedMan why the hell don't they make chairs that raise and lower? Shit, it's so obvious that it's necessary!!!! I mean, a really sturdy lift.

I also saw these gadgets on Amazon for looking into pipes and stuff; don't know if it would work for you or not: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...Ck%3Aendoscope

They are called endoscopes.

Great thanks I will check it out . Actually my phone does OK in macro mode but it is always over the 2 mb limit to post here but I will definitely check out the app . Thanks again
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Here is 1 pic that would upload . More amber trichs that I thought but also have the led on
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Amber triches? But there are still a lot of white pistils... Make sure you look at the buds and not the leaves, cuz the leaves put out trichomes much earlier and you want the bud trichomes to be nice and cloudy, with them mushroom heads.

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        That's neat Alltatup it just so happens I was on amazon ordering a hand held scope and saw exactly what you linked to me cancelled the order and ordered that one . And I do have a chair with a power lift seat but won't get close enough to the door and won't quite make it high enough . Hey great minds think alike . And when I try for good pics I turn the LEDs and HPS off because you know what they do because without the led the pistils are almost all white not near as amber as the pic shows .
        Last edited by MedMan; 07-19-2017, 03:45 PM.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, you need a chair with a longer hydraulic lift!! But I guess it would start to get dangerous unless they really increased the size and weight of the chair for base stability. Well, the endoscope will give you access. I HOPE it's good and works good!!!

I have to admit: I hate those LED pics: can't see shit!!!

Here I Hope are better pictures Alltatup . I used the Supervision+ app . Still not real good details but lights of and right colors
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        GORGEOUS BUDS, MedMan!!!!! Those are beautiful closeups, very clear!! They look so healthy!!

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks alltatup . That other camera is supposed to be here tomorrow so I will see if the magnify app works with it . And I had to crop those pics so they would be under 2mb to post . Most where 2.9 or 3.5 before cropping and I think they are clearer without it . And still looks like I have a few weeks or more before harvest . But I'll let them take their own sweet time they just get fatter .

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        And the first pic is 1 bud that's the one I cut because I kept growing into the light I cut about 9 inches off and can't wait to weigh just that one its huge .

Here's a few colas with a tape measure beside it .
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn, MedMan, lookin great!!! Can you gently bend colas over and look at them under a hand-held microscope to get a closeup of trichomes? What's the magnification power on that snake thing you got? The endoscope?

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning Alltatup they sent the wrong one . So I am sending it back for the right one . It should be here Monday . I hope it works with the magnification app you told me about .
        I will try to get some better pics of the tops but they are still real white and straight pistils so far . I'm in the same boat as you just waiting for them to finish up too

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a good boat to be in!! I'd rather look at white pistils than no pistils! ;-} That's cool. You will be set when you need to start scrutinizing.

Well I was doing a little defol this morning so I tried to take a few pics with something in for perspective . But with lights on and as high as I can reach and hold the camera this is what I have .
      And buds are really getting dense and heavy so the bud nutes really seem to work and back to drinking about a gallon a day too .
      And the last grow I had in soil just when little popcorn buds it smelled all through the house when I opened the door but this time with same plant in hydroponics there is very little smell even in the grow room it just smells like fresh grass and a little sweet weed smell .
      Last edited by MedMan; 07-24-2017, 10:07 AM.
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        MedMan, what great buds!! They love their environment!!!

My sativa at 17 weeks flowering barely smells; I can smell now when I open the door in the morning, but just barely.

I think I will order this "other than the book" for my next grow I know when I topped it the sap ran out like water and I think the sealant might help it heal faster .
      Joebonsai Bonsai Pruning Compound - Cut Paste Kiyonal 100 g https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NJFLHA..._w3GDzbWFSVDTR
      If anyone has tried it speak up please
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Sap ran out of your pot plant??? Never heard of that!!

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        When I did the first main topping it ran out like a water leak . And the main stalk I cut had a small hole in the center like a vein . That was the first topping I did is the one growing now the first plant in soil I just fimmed it then let it go and had to go in the hospital so the first soil plant was a bust .

Here is a pic not sure if you can see it but it leaked for a while after cutting .
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Not as bad as I cried when I made that cut on my plant but from the way it looks now I won't be afraid like I was when I cut this one . It was so nice and bushy great growth and I had to cut it back . But it was my first topping so guess a lot of people go through that .

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I topped my small grow box plants when they were like 3 weeksold, so no crying, they just bounced right back.

• Sheesh
        Sheesh commented
        Editing a comment
        I get the leak when topping too MedMan. Mine don't usually leak much, just dribbles out a little. My giant indica fan leaves with the 1/8" diameter stalks leak a bit when pruning too. I think a healthy plant just seals it up and moves on but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to use a sealant as long as it can't hurt the plant. Could probably use super glue but I'll pass on applying chemicals like that to plants!

Hey Alltatup I got the right camera in today and the long skinny one does a real good job . The high powered on works great too just hard to hold still . I might rig something up to steady it better . The first white pics are the endescope and the rest are the magnifier ones .
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome pics, medman!!! The endoscope pics really are pretty damn good!!! Yeah, all those little buggers are impossible to hold still.

• Sheesh
        Sheesh commented
        Editing a comment
        I use the Z Orb and have the same problem, holding it still. You can cut a leaf and put it on a table and then you can rest the camera or scope on something. But, you really want to inspect trichomes from the buds, even the calyxes, if possible. This year I want to build something to steady the Zorb so I can take steady shots of the buds on the plant. One tip from some other growers I've heard. Take a look in sunlight, if at all possible. Of course not everyone can move their plants outside for a photo shoot. Maybe steal a bud and try it if you can.

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Sheesh I did look at the green orb that's a nice high quality camera but all of them are tough to hand hold . I have a nice heavy tripod that I am going to see if I can get a goose neck to hook to it and will hold the camera still . At least after my first grow I should have all the equipment for all the future grows . And still thanks to everyone here for all the help everything is doing well . Knock on wood . But pistils changing slooowwly but usually things start slow then speed up . But I have to say those buds went from loose and airy to nice and heavy dense nug busters the last 3 weeks .

I took a few pics this morning and pistils starting to turn and curl in on the larger buds . So later I am going to take some of the small buds that have a lot of curled pistils and dry a few days to try it out to see when I want to harvest . I like a more relaxed and pain med so will wait longer on the large buds .
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• Agentbuckwold3
        Agentbuckwold3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those plants are unreal MedMan, I can't wait till I'm on that level. Awesome work!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome buds, dude. Go by the color of the triches, medman.

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks ATU and AgentBuckWold3 aka ABW . This is my 1st real grow and constantly checking it out .
        And ATU the pictures don't show up well on the brown pistils curling on the big ones but its still low except on the small buds near the bottom or sides of the plant .Those are the ones I'm going to sample and bad thing or good thing is I can't sample for a few weeks anyway I have a pain clinic visit so had to stop and flush myself out .
        I wonder if I just drink a glass of GH CalMag and Salt Flush ?¿???
        Last edited by MedMan; 07-27-2017, 08:16 AM.

Hey Alltatup or anyone , what is average yeild from wet to dry ? I know I am going to weigh both times but just wondering . I did remember someone somewhere that its around 70-75% . Or is it still just dependent on density and strain ?
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I know but I already talked to the drs there and they won't even recommend a Dr because of fed reg them . There are at least 50 drs on the MM list and most names I have seen are good regular MDs not just a Dr that just signs MM cards for $125 . And from the people who use the prescription say its just high CBD little to no THC and cost $500 a month so that's why I grow . Next plant is going to be 1-1 or so CBD to THC . Deffinatly not $500 a month .

• MedMan
        MedMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Also the current fed drug regulator " I forgot her name " When asked why MM is still a tier 1 drug up with heroin and method and everything else she could not or would not even say that MM is not harmful like the hard drugs . And if they take marijuana off the tier 1 the gov could allow fda testing but they don't want that because big pharma has too much invested and pays off too many people to let it be regulated and tested .. Also private prison systems don't want it either because that's where billions of our gov dollars go to house someone caught with a single joint in some states where not regulated . And I hate to say this but Trump actually wants to get it out of fed regulated hands and leave it up to the state to make their own rules . Whew I'm off my soap box now . Sorry for the book post but it just winds my clock when thinking about it .Oh I forgot the Federal gov already has a patent on certain types of THC so how's that for being a hypocrisy .
        Last edited by MedMan; 07-26-2017, 09:22 PM.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        MedMan excellently said, and it exposes all the greed and hypocrisy in the entire situation with the fed. govt. Bunch of super-ignorant idiots who proudly parade their stupidity. So what else is new: pig pharma (as I like to call it) lines everyone's pockets, bribes doctors, lobbies like it's 1999 and everyone grabs the cash.

As I've said before, I'd rather stay an outlaw grower than have my grows regulated in any way.

OK picture time . I went through and checked a few pics they might be doubles but just posting a few that might give a better idea on growth . And a few of the smaller buds have black sugar leaves on them .. I wish I knew what strain it was . But that's what you get from bagseed .
      Last edited by MedMan; 07-27-2017, 08:55 AM.
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Well I have started cutting down a lot of the small branches and finished buds but I have found seeds all over this plant . I guess the pods if left long enough are shooting out pistils but a lot have just turned to seed . So going to start full harvest over next few days now . Pistils are curling in and turning but the seeds are a real problem . Not sure where there was a Hermie or if bad genetics in bagseed when started . So next grow will be from one of the seed banks . At least I keep learning and will try some of the short cured buds in a few weeks . Will still be uncured but will give me an idea .
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You were brave to plant bagseed!! But like I said, it looks like the smoke is gonna be suhweeeeet. Did you already order seeds or are you waiting until ASH (after stupid hospital)? Do you know what you want to grow? That will also keep you busy in the SH--reading up on all the different strains.

• MedMan
          MedMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure what to grow next . I am going to order a femenised plant from somewhere . Going to do research While in Stupid Hospital and looking for a predominantly indica with some CBD . I have a few in a list at Nirvana and they do keep emailing me specials with extra seeds and stuff . But not sure where I will get the seeds

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Speaking of which, I got some seeds from Seedsman today! I give them 10 thumbs up for real. I want to grow some heavy duty CBD too. See if I can find the right canna med to get off anti depressant though I have come to the conclusion that anyone who's NOT depressed right now is crazy. But it would be nice to have detachment, and I'm thinkin that CBD might helpe to cultivate detachment.

Hey ATU how do you pay through seedsman ? I have been looking around and like their site and seed selection so when I figure out what's to plant for next grow . And looking into buying bitcoins to get the extra seeds they give away for using bitciins just still trying to figure out the app and put money in .
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• IanHale
          IanHale commented
          Editing a comment
          I had 10-13 day turn around when I ordered from the SE USA

• IanHale
          IanHale commented
          Editing a comment
          Ordered from Seedsman that is

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          MedMan, I always pay with credit card. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries for it to go through, but I just can't figure bitcoin out, so I haven't messed with it. If you do use bitcoin, you will get a nice big discount on your order, too.

I used to use SeedSupreme, but I switched to Seedsman cuz their prices are consistently lower and they ship faster.

Thank IanHale and ATU I finally got my bitcoin Acc set up but only put 5 bucks in to see how it works but the money you put in goes up and down . Bitcoin value went up about $600 last week so should drop back a little and will only put money in when ready to use it.
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X