No announcement yet.

1st bubbleponics grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice setup alltatup . Great looking plants too .
    Currently use 2 gal bubbleponics tank
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    General Hydro Nutes ,reg and organic
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That, my friend, is ONE PLANT!! A sativa I call goddesszilla.

Well a good thing happened today I had to put up some yo-yos up the colas are getting heavy so starting to lean over . I had to use them wrong because being in a wheelchair I can't reach the top shelf and its too big for the little clip on the yo yo spring so I put one if the cola clips on the shelf and use the weight of the yo yo for tension so it gives just enough pressure to hod them up .
    I will put a pic up later . And I see just a few pistils starting to curl and get a little brown . Been in flower for about 5 weeks so I think maybe hopefully fingers crossed some might be ready in another 4 or 5 weeks .
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to pictures!!!

Ok here are a few pics without the HPS on and the yo yos hooked up . And yes the yo yos are wrong but can't reach the shelf I need to put some lines across to hang them up .
    Using 150 Watt HPS
    Trying 300 watt LED
    Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Hey Allatup I was thinking this was an indica because the plant I got the seed from (bag seed) gave me a nice relaxing results and almost all the fan leaves I pulled are fat short leaves . So might be a hybrid or something but its mom was nice to me even though all the problems I had with her .
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You're right, don't know what I was thinking... I think what I meant was that I could see some of her sativa characteristics! You did a good job creating all the colas!!

But whatever it is its working for me .
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• berrypilot
        berrypilot commented
        Editing a comment
        🌱 They look beautiful! Really impressive amount of buds for such a small grow space! 🌱

Hey guys I have a question my plant was drinking about 1 gal or more every day and now kinda backed off to about a half a gallon . Using R-O water and mixing all GH ferts to specks from book . I am getting more curling on pistils and very little browning but will it slow down drinking when its starting to ripen ?
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        My experience: some weeks they drink more than others...

OK thanks Allatup I am due for a complete water change in a few days to so going to use reg water until I do the water change . I need to ad calmag on this Change too using ro water it has no calcium or mag in it.
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        When mine are drinking a lot, I always just add pH'd water, no more nutes until res change.

I went ahead and did a full water change today and put in the recommended amount of nutes per GH charts and did a little fan leaf defoliation. The last weeks of ripening are like watching paint dry . Hoping to get more fuller buds by then .They would really be nice fattened up a bit .
      Using 150 Watt HPS
      Trying 300 watt LED
      Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Holy bat shit batman tell me its not what I think it is please .I just found this morning when checking out the plant and so far these where the only one found on just one cola so far .

​​​​Should I cut it off or just leave it ? It looks like a seed pod not a Hermie's banana or pollen sac to me but I need help on this thanks.
        And the picture on the right it just showing its starting to ripen up .
        Last edited by MedMan; 07-12-2017, 09:14 AM.
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• MedMan
          MedMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Alltatup I did go to the regular site and looked around and did look like a pollen sac but I just went in and cut one off and it does seem to have a pistil starting then I squeezed it and it popped but looks like the bud is just fattening up . Man that eases the tension I thought something was going wrong while everything is going so good . And I did start adding GH Bud booster and flavor enhancer a few days ago so looks like the buds are fattening up more . Also I read on the GWE site about ripening and cut it down from 12/12 to 11/13 . The article says that shortening the light period even down to 10/14 will help blooms fatten up on some strains so going to watch for changes again now . Thanks for the fast reply Alltatup again .

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, man, you just killed about 1/20th of a gram!!!!!!!

And yes, I have my sativa on 10/14 right now, desperately trying to hurry along the flowering process, to no avail; she's taking her sweet time...

• MedMan
          MedMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks again for the help Alltatup . And I just put a pic of the hotub and pool to give you an idea how low it is . Going to get a pic of fish to post too on aquaponics thread where I put the pic

Well started using the GH Kool Bloom last week and I am thinking that is what caused the new growth on buds that I was worried about . I was thinking it was pollen sacs but after pulling a few off they where more flower pistil buds I guess . Buds are really filling out now .
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful colas!!

Thanks Alltatup . I was thinking about any changes I made lately and the only change was adding the koolbloom and calmag so that's what I think caused the extra pod growth . I was getting ancshus about waiting for buds to finish but now I am not rushing for it to finish up . Just wondering now how much weight they might gain . So far I am really happy with my 1st bubbleponics grow . But still can't wait to try it out
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll let us know the final dry weight of them buds!

And I spent about an hour yesterday and figured out a way to move the yo yos around the right way because the colas are getting so top heavy I needed to fix it . They must be getting used to the yo yos because when I took them off they started falling over but that's a good thing .
        Using 150 Watt HPS
        Trying 300 watt LED
        Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Here are a few pics from today . I also hung my LED back up but I put it on the front of the plant so I get better coverage to the lower colas . Hera are a few pics of the plant and some smaller buds near the front side .
          I think this is day 75 since seedling . Started 4-29 according to my grow pics .
          Last edited by MedMan; 07-16-2017, 09:05 PM.
          Using 150 Watt HPS
          Trying 300 watt LED
          Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Using 150 Watt HPS
            Trying 300 watt LED
            Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

And here is a pic of where I put the LED
              Using 150 Watt HPS
              Trying 300 watt LED
              Small 23" x 21" area

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X