Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08/07/2017
    Another uneventful but strange update.

So, it's been almost like 1 month and 2 weeks for these 2 Purple Ryder Autos since Germination. They are seriously starting to look like different strains. The feed out of the same reservoir, at the same time, in the same tent; pretty much all conditions are the same. But looks at them now.

Purple Ryder Auto 1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-07-PRAuto1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	123280

Purple Ryder Auto 2

Name:	2018-08-07-PRAuto2.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	123281

According to the vendor, this is supposed to be seed to harvest in 6 weeks. Pistils are just starting to show here and there. I really don't care how long it takes, but Plant number 2 is LST-able.

Plant number 1 is like impossible!! Everything is SO TIGHT. The most I can do is defoliate. And the leaves are so small (even though they started out super gigantic).

Since this is my first Auto Grow, I'm not topping or doing much. Just want to study how they grow. I defoliate whenever a big fan leave is shading a bud site. And I use those really bendy wires to maybe open up the center a little bit. I think that should be enough right?

But I have no idea what to do with plant 1. If I even attempt to LST it, I inadvertantly break off bud sites and leaves. I snipped off some leaves, but that's about it.

When would I even switch to bloom formula? Obviously they haven't begun to stretch yet. But I think, and I could be wrong, I just really just got 2 random seeds (since they were freebies anyways). And Gosh I hope they are autos!!!

Thoughts on all this anyone?

Comment

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      The small one is a runt..it happens man..I have one now in my garden..sucks

• growdc
      growdc commented
      Editing a comment
      Green75 funny you say that. The small one was the first to germinate. The big one germinated a week later. The small one had the biggest fan leaves and was the healthiest and all of a sudden, now it's acting like this. Do you think they are actually the same strain or is this due to minor genetic variance, or somewhere along the way I just messed up?

All I can do is like as I don't do autos BUT if you have seen Green75. He does all kinds of great things with autos
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• growdc
      growdc commented
      Editing a comment
      Tika , you know, I don't think I'm liking Autos. It's almost like you've got to be 100% accurate and correct all the time to make them thrive. Probably like Green75 who's already has plenty of experience and is an expert, he just knows what to do.

08/11/2017

Nothing exciting happening. I think it's time to switch to flower feed. Below are the 2 girls taken side by side. Auto 1 (who was super robust, germinated a week early etc etc) is on the left and Auto 2, the one I thought wouldn't survive is on the right.

Name:	2017-08-11-PR-Auto-1-and-2.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	124300

Crazy difference. The tent is starting to smell and I I honestly don't even know what's happening to Auto 1. Is this what they call a stunted plant? It looks all healthy, the stems and stalks are super thick but it's just sitting there.

Maybe they are different strains?

But whatever, I'm so over this now. My first grow journal and it's bleh.

I will switch to flower feed this weekend and just let them finish I guess. I'm just leaving Auto 1 alone.

Not really starting anything new MJ-wise, but been experimenting a little on Papaver Somniferum. A very interesting learning experience on that one, you do EVERYTHING, literally EVERYTHING completely opposite of MJ. 12/12 to start, 18/6 later on. Cold during veg (almost unattainable indoors in a tent - 65 F), then hotter during flower. Don't even know if they will survive. But that's for another website. LOL.

I guess my ADD is getting the better of me.

Thanks for reading everyone. I'll update a little here and there. Have a great weekend.

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Just keep keeping on! There will be change .
      The one auto I grew was a Blueberry. I didn't then nor now grasp autos but she was one ( a few) lanky unproductive plant BUT what she did yield was quite good. I've not been back to autos since.
      And it sure does happen - different structures with same strains. Yours look like a classic indica - sativa fifference even tho they are not.
      They look healthy, arrest the differences and enjoy them, while planning your next "attack"!

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes plant one is a runt...it happens..I have one now

Not all things all created equal

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      #1 is certainly runty but don't count her out quite yet. She may still deliver some nice nugs. Do you have her raised up so her canopy is close to the height of #2's top cola?

I have two Mephisto Blue Toofs right now that are acting very differently. One of them looks 2 weeks older than the other despite breaking soil only a day later.

This is pure speculation but it seems to me that an auto strain may have more phenos than it's photo sibling. They have generally had twice as many parental "influences."

08/27/2017 - Update

Sorry there hasn't been an update in a while for this Purple Ryder Auto Grow Journal. Honestly, it's been a really weird and actually boring grow. So much for a 6-week seed to harvest grow. Hardly. This one picture will tell you how weird this grow is.

Name:	2017-08-27-PR-Autos.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	429.8 KB
ID:	128502

The one on the left germinated 1 week early and showed tremendous early leafy vegetative growth. The one on the right was the slow poke that you all on here warned me might be the super late bloomer and she sure is. Then all of a sudden, the one on the left like got stunted or something.

The buds are sure fattening up on the plant on the right...... which is cool I suppose. But not expecting much of a yield. Just can't wait for this grow to be over and start over.

Also, I think I'm going to give up Advanced Nutrients. The Grow formula is cool. But the Bloom formula precipitates like hell in a reservoir after a few days, clogging up everything.

Well, hope everyone is having a good weekend. The next post I can almost guarantee will be the last. I predict I will show the harvest for the plant on the right and then the one on the left is just going to the trash.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X