Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07/14/2017

T-F**GIF!!!!

PR Auto 1 is growing like crazy!! Slow poke 2 is doing ok. PR Auto 1 I find needs a lot more water than PR Auto 2, so I just have to regulate the valve to open bigger so they both get approximately the same amount of run off.

Temps: 75 F
    RH: 51%
    Nutrient Mix still the same, made up in a reservoir. I need to fill up today: 730 ppm (but realized that my BlueLab Combo meter is off. Dealing with BlueLab now. Any recommendation for a good reliable Conductivity Probe and pH probe?) I know there's Hanna, Milwaukee but they all kinda are like BlueLab. Wonder if there's any better instrument.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-07-14-PR-Auto-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	521.2 KB ID:	116001Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-07-14-PR-Auto-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	556.0 KB ID:	116002

And just because I'm excited because I've never grown cola's too heavy that they need support (and it's MY THREAD!!! LOL)..... here's my Cinderella 99 in flush week!!! Who wants to guess what the yields will be? I could offer a prize, but not sure what!! LOL!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-07-14-C99-Mother-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	620.9 KB ID:	116003Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-07-14-C99-Mother-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	558.7 KB ID:	116004

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Beach_Town_Brit commented
      Editing a comment
      For me in coco I think anything over 4oz is a great yield for an auto.
      Full hydro should yield a bit more. There are people on AFN pulling 9oz from a single auto!

• growdc
      growdc commented
      Editing a comment
      Beach_Town_Brit. Oh no!!! I'm doing a grow journal of an Auto (Purple Ryder), but the pics of the almost done plants, are not auto's. They are just regular feminized Cinderella 99 seeds in 3 gallon coco pots. So, I should be yielding more from a regular girl rather than an auto... so 4 oz is low?

And what's AFN?

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Editing a comment
      I switched to autos before I really got my "eye in" so it's hard to say for photos. So many more factors affect yield with photos, how big is the pot/plant, how long do you veg, etc. I still think 4oz is respectable for a photo but people do pull pounds down off big photos.

Ultimately, I suspect yield is all about strain and light, once you've got your grow technique in order.

AFN is another forum, Auto Flower Network.

growdc I'm really happy for you dude, you have broken your germination bad luck.........let the grow times roll dude
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• growdc
      growdc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man, I really think a heat mat controller, at least for my case is a necessity.

07/15/2017
    Not much to update, except to say, not sure if I should be worried, about inter-nodal length being TOO SHORT?

I thought you want a little bit of space for buds to form? I could be wrong?

Maybe my lights are too close, but if they were, there's no signs of light burn...... maybe I should just quit thinking too much?

Pictures, from top and side.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-15-PR-Auto-1-Top.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	557.2 KB
ID:	116371Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-15-PR-Auto-1-Side.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	430.9 KB
ID:	116370

Name:	2017-07-15-PR-Auto-2-Top.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	584.6 KB
ID:	116373Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-15-PR-Auto-2-Side.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	116372

Slow poke is very slow compared to her giant big sister.

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
      Editing a comment
      Tight nodes are usually preferred, especially in indoor grows. Your light is only going penetrate so far, the more nodes within that light penetration sweet spot the more buds. Also as the plant grows the inter-nodal gaps will grow too.

I rely on tight internodes for my training regime. The Jack Herer I have right now got a bit stretchy and given that I keep nodes 2 &3 for 4 main stems it was a challenge making a flat canopy. Without even noticing, I managed to fold the internodal stem between nodes 2 & 3 in half! Made for a nice flat canopy and the plant seems happy enough with it!
      Last edited by Beach_Town_Brit; 07-19-2017, 04:42 PM.

Good Job growdc your plants are doing great, what's the prize? Like BTB said it's hard to guess without anything but pictures, but I say closer to 5ozs dry ,Good job. What's the prize? ?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• growdc
      growdc commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69, I was just kinda kidding..... this is just my 2nd grow, and I was just trying to get people guessing...... sorry about that.

07/20/2017

Nothing much has been going on since my last post. I just thought I post today because it's my reservoir change day. It's empty. So, I took some pictures. Girl number 1 has grown insanely wide and flat. Girl number 2 is lagging slightly behind.

Auto 1 is 3 weeks & 1 day old today.

Name:	2017-07-20-PR-Auto-1.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	118035

Auto 2 is 2 weeks & 4 days old today.

Name:	2017-07-20-PR-Auto-2.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	390.1 KB
ID:	118034

I'm not even sure what kind of LST I can do. I know they say not to top Auto's. Also, according to the breeder, Purple Ryder Autos go from germination to harvest in 6 weeks!!! So, Not sure when I should be changing to bloom formula. I don't see any flowering yet.

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

My experience with Purple ryder- is they start the flower mid-way between weeks 3 & 4 from seed.
      I've decided to stake my current PR down when only 2 nodes and defoliate<--like this: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ck-herer-28-4g
      and you are past that stage-
      but could start this LST which works great without topping for a plant your size.

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.5 KB ID:	118071
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• growdc
        growdc commented
        Editing a comment
        Weed Pharma. Holy moly!!! I have totally subscribed to your thread. That is some seriously advanced (for me anyway.....) training. I might just have to really read through your journal and perform it on another auto since I'm past that stage. I'm so impressed what you made your plant do!!! I didn't even know you could like curl it around this way and that way. Amazing! Learning so much.

So, the picture you attached I assume is a step by step training method you use? (sorry, the picture turned out very small......) but I assume the numbers are weeks?

And when you say "stake" do you mean just like bending it to whatever position you want?

Thanks again!!! I might be able to do what you did on my 2nd Purple Ryder Auto since it germinated late and is only 2 weeks old. The big one is on it's 5th node. and the small one is just starting the 4th node. Or do you think I should just let them grow straight up?

• Vapo69
        Vapo69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Weed Pharma that is a really awesome illustration.........superb thanks

growdc, Yes and the numbers are in weeks- but you won't be transplanting- simply gently bend down the plant and tie off to your container- You will be breaking the apical dominance and allowing other branches to take over.

I would not do anything to the other one- Auto training is really only good with tallish and healthy growing plants.

In fact, PR auto is not a good candidate for what I am currently doing to her, because it's such a short plant (I was bored,lol)

It is fine to follow the pic- just don't bend her over too far at this point.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• growdc
        growdc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much Weed Pharma !! I was mainly just focusing on waiting to harvest my regular C99 I kinda let my autos go without watching and now they have grown so fat and big. What's up with the fat fat fat fat leaves???
        Last edited by growdc; 07-21-2017, 07:45 AM.

07/20/2017

Some defoliation:

Name:	2017-07-20-PR-Auto-Defol.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	118299

Name:	2017-07-20-PR-Auto-1.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	118301Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-20-PR-Auto-2.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	398.5 KB
ID:	118300

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
        Editing a comment
        Looks like they're really getting going, you're gonna have a forest on your hands

07/27/2017 - Grow Journal Update + some questions

So, it was a crazy ass busy weekend. I finally got to harvest my C99!!! Have been ignoring these poor autos and letting grow all crazy wild. But <doing happy dance> ended up with 29 oz wet!!! Now not sure what it will be dry. But we'll see!! http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...sted-29-oz-wet

Back to these crazy Autos.

I don't know if I like growing autos. They are super fast, no chance for mistakes and you got to be on top of them as Weed Pharma said. Oh well, this is my first auto grow, so I'll cut myself some slack.

Purple Ryder Auto 1 is growing very differently than Purple Ryder Auto 2. Same environment, same nutrients etc..... so I just did what I know today. Expose all potential bud sites to light, with the least amount of stress.

PR AUTO 1

Name:	2017-07-24-PR-Auto-1.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	119003

I did some major defoliation on her. Just got rid of all fan leaves blocking new shoots. Question for Weed Pharma , what are those upside down U thingy's called that you use to 'stake' the branches down? Where do you get them?

So, I just ended up pulling the lower branches away and down from the plant as best as I could. Then using pipe a velcro tie thing from Home Depot to almost gather the top part of the plant and tie them loosely together so that the middle area of the plant can get some light.

Hope this logic works out. LOL.

I am also starting to see pistils form on this girl. Another question. When would you switch to the bloom formula for autos? Or do you need to do it at all? Do I need to switch light schedules also? She's now in 18/6.

PR AUTO 2

Name:	2017-07-24-PR-Auto-2.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	119002

This lady is stranger. She's not growing as flat, but taller. Again, I defoliated, but I didn't need to defoliate much. And again, I used the velcro ties to loosely bunch up the top so that the middle part can get some light. She is NOT showing pistils yet. She's also 4 days younger as she took 4 days longer to germinate.

Please say something if you see me doing something completely retarded!!! Thanks folks!!!

Comment

Hello growdc , other growers might tell you different but.......I think you will be risking mould issues bunching the leaves up like that....they need to breath and evaporate water dude...... hope this helps
      The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• growdc
        growdc commented
        Editing a comment
        Crap, didn't even think about that. LOL, thanks Vapo69 . Taking them down now!!!

• Vapo69
        Vapo69 commented
        Editing a comment
        No probs dude lol

07/31/2017

Not much to update except that Purple Ryder Auto 1 is growing really different from Purple Ryder Auto 2.

PR Auto 1

Name:	2017-07-31-PR-Auto-1.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	121091

PR Auto Ryder 2

Name:	2017-07-31-PR-Auto-2.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	121090

Not really sure what's up. But they are growing........ so that's good I suppose.

Comment

Sorry I feel like I am a little late to this party but is that blue thing top feed and if so where did u get it I made some for my next but those look nice
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I'm late toooo wayyy late but now subbed and enjoying your ride You have some fine advisors here with you I see! Very nice!
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

abadtrip , those are like the best invention ever.... or at least for me right now. They are called drip rings. I would say that the way it waters would be maybe a hybrid between a soaker hose and a drip emitter? Basically it's a flat plastic ring with small holes drilled at the bottom. It connects to a 1/2 " pvc pipe. What I do cuz I'm lazy, is that I would prepare a 5 gallon reservoir of nutrient solution, put a small submersible pump in there, hook it up to the ring via pvc tubing and connect the pump to a timer to water 1 min 3 times in 24 hours. I like it cuz you could extend the the hose and T it off for 2 plants or 3 or however many. But since some plants do better than others, I also put a ball valver right after the pvc tubing connected from the ring to have some manual control on how fast each plant gets. Some sicklier plants I will make it so it will barely drip, and the super hungry ones I'll turn it all the way open.

The only negative about this ring in my opinion is you pretty much got to do it from day one, because as your plant gets bigger, you won't be able to get the ring in there. It's a rigid plastic. And if you automate it like me, you really pretty can't change the orientation of the pot much after that unless you want to break either the ring or parts of the plant. The rings are staked into the coco. Here's an link to Amazon, but I just got mine from the hydroponics store. HydroFlow Rain Ring. The other brand is Bloom Brothers. So far it's pretty much just those 2 to choose from.

Other tips, they only form in 3", 6" and 12". I use a 3 gallon pot and I use a 6". A 3" would be too small if you end up with a giant trunk. I thought I try 12" and it fit perfectly into the pot, but right at the edge. So water will just leak out the fabric pot. 6" seems to be the most versatile.

Tika such an honor for you to follow this. You have great grow journals!!!

Nothing much is happening right now just weird growth. The first one is short but really thick and is really busy with almost no internodal spacing making it really annoying and ugly. The 2nd one is more like a plant. There's enough internodal room to LST it etc. Yet, both are fed through the same automated system and from the same reservoir in the same tent under the same light. Starting to wonder if they might actually be 2 different plants.

These are both supposed to be Purple Ryders from the same seed pack sold by Seedsman. These pictures were taken at the same time, from the same distance and from the same angle.

Name:	2017-08-02-PR-Auto-1.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	394.2 KB
ID:	121682Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-08-02-PR-Auto-2.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	121681

They are also now over a month old and this is definitely no 6 weeker like the breeder says it is.

Comment

• abadtrip
              abadtrip commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you they will hook perfectly into my system i all ready have half inch hose with control taps running to each pot I will be ordering them

Nice grow
            . Tuned in
            The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X