3 week opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 week opinions

These are my babies at 3 weeks! They are small but I still have hope. They are grown outside. They are bag seeds so I have no info on them. I don't really have a questions just would like people's thoughts on how they are looking

I was not sure on the transplanting. I was told to wait till the leaves were to the edge of the cup. Ima try to wait till they dry out before I transplant

Comment

• Newf
      Newf commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you should water before transplant to keep dirt held together. But, in general we tend to over-water our young plants. It causes slow growth and pale, droopy leaves due to lack of oxygen to the roots. Small plants use very little water. You should let the soil get dry to at least knuckle deep before watering.

Ha I'm new too! I just don't want the dirt to crumble and mess up the roots in any way

Comment

You have the right idea_ you want the medium in the cup to hold together as much as possible_ you don't want it too wet or too dry_ it should be moist but not wet or dry.The type of medium_ soil, coco, or whatever mix you have going_ its hard to tell from the photos_ but it looks like some type of soil mix_also will affect how well it holds together. How well the roots are developed and have grown into the medium_ will make a big difference in how well everything holds together too. Thats why folks recommend waiting until the leaves have extended out to the edges or a little beyond_ so that the roots have time to develop. You want them to basically grow out to the sides and bottom of the cups but not much more than that_ definitely not to the point they become root bound. From the photos it looks like you have some in cups and others in larger pots. The ones in the larger pots have a ways to go before you transplant them. If you have to dig them out then you'll damage at least some of the roots. Even the ones in the cups could go a few days longer at least. When you decide to go for it first try the largest plant in one of the plastic cups. Take a pair of scissors and carefully slide the bottom blade down the into the cup on one side with the other on the outside. Then cut through the cup to the bottom. Hold the cup in your hand at about 45 degree angle, peel back the plastic so you can get a look at the roots/medium. the medium should kinda hold together and keep its shape and you should see some small roots along the outside. If the medium starts to crumble apart its too dry or too wet. Obviously if water runs out then its too wet. Tape the cup back together and wait until the moisture content is right. When they are ready I cut down two sides of the cup, peel back the plastic back between the two cuts, turn the cup in my hand until the medium rolls out into my hand and then move it over to the larger pot and gently place it in the hole in its new home. Gently pack the medium around it to hold it all in place. Once I have the seedling in its new home and stable then I just tap the pot on the floor a few times so everything settles down but doesn't get packed too tight. The soil in the larger pot should be moist but not wet. A few hours later I spray the surface with a root stimulator in water PH to 6.0. This helps the roots to recover and get busy growing. If everything looks good the following day you've done good by her. Repeat as necessary for the others when they are ready. Good luck_ hope all goes well and that this helps you somewhat. Hydro Guard is a good rooting nutrient solution. And not expensive.
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Wow thanks for the dope advice! It's greatly appreciated. There are two in bigger pots they have a longs ways to go. I'm actually hoping I don't have to transplant them at all

Comment

Wow Porcha that is some great advice from Zigzag, Good Luck with your plants.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Porcha_ sure, hope it works out. The larger pots look like they might be 2 or maybe even 3 gallon pots. If the plants are less than 20" tall at maturity they should be OK in 2 gallon pots. But 3 gallon would be better.
            Larger pots also don't need to be watered as often as smaller ones. Once your plant gets over a foot tall it will start using a lot more water and then you'll need to water every day or two. So if that happens then I'd recommend using just plain water every other application to help avoid nutrient burn from watering so often. Hope that helps now and in the long run!
            Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
            liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Here's an up close pic of the two I thought about transplanting. They seem stretched to me but get plenty of sun. Thanks for all the info on transplanting

Comment

Thos plants r looking stretched and small for 3 weeks I'm just guessing tht u need to bring your light closer or more light and possibly over watering might be why it's growing slow and yellowing or maby u need more nutes just my 2 cents

Comment

Try checking pH of the runoff water. If when you water you don't get runoff soon after you start watering your soil needs better drainage. I suspect that pH or drainage is the reason why they are growing so slowly (just based on the look of the mix).

The seeds for these were planted 13 days before the picture.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252.PNG
Views:	185
Size:	1,009.0 KB
ID:	112552
                  Last edited by Tazard; 07-04-2017, 04:39 PM.
                  First grow Bagseed and Acid Dough:
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ough-by-ripper

First grow Acid Dough:
                  https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2642-first-dwc-grow

Second grow Monster Cropped Acid Dough:
                  https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2920...clone-revegged

1000w HPS. (4) 136w LEDs. 48x96x80" flower tent. (1) 136w LED. (6) 13w cfls. 2x2x4' clone tent. DWC. House and Garden nutes: Aqua Flakes + supplements per HG DWC feeding schedule. Hydroguard.

Comment

Fixing my ph is a start. My question is will that be enough to get things back on track or will I need to add more? Do I really need all three of these things or can I just start out with one and if so what one?

Comment

• Tika
                      Tika commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm going to be frank: yes you really need the three added to 1 gal water in order stated with calimagic , do the pH of your nutes to 6 and you need to follow the GWE program. I assume you are in coco?
                      And you must pH your nutrients. Period.
                      I can't/ and won't guild the lily here...pull it together
                      And I say thiis with eagerness for your success. ❤️
                      Last edited by Tika; 07-04-2017, 08:38 PM.

Hello Porcha You have to make sure your PH of your water is good first.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Water is one thing. Added nutrients change the water. So one needs to know the pH of their feed which changes as one increases and decreases thevnutrients to the water. Each event is different.
                      again said with eagerness for successful growing.
                      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                      photoperiod feminized seeds
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

You are in dirt Porcha!? Same applies just what dirt and what pH is required
                        best regards
                        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                        photoperiod feminized seeds
                        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

I'm in potting soil. And I'm not tripping like I said it's my first grow and I'm learning as i go. Appreciate the info

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X