My White Widow Review 7 days after harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My White Widow Review 7 days after harvest

White Widow, 600w MH/HPS, coco, GH, CaliMajic, Liquid Kool Bloom, 407g, 70 day flower (could go longer - I harvest at 70% cloudy and no amber)

Nice white ash
    Good flavor, but I can't pin it down exactly with the 1/2 joint I just tried. Perhaps a little like a forest/spicy/earthy. Overall mild taste with little to no aftertaste.
    Smooth going down
    This is strong pot.
    Zero couch lock. If you want couch lock stay away from this stuff cuz it is not for you.
    Creative..........just designed a roller system for the ceiling of my grow room to move hangers around
    overall uplifting

I am very pleased with my outcome. GWE tutorials are a must read/follow for any new growers.

Problems:
    Early veg calcium deficiency - I believe that I did not apply enough CalMag to my coco before planting seeds.
    Mild Phosphorus deficiency on 2 of my 4 plants in mid flower - I increased Liquid Kool Bloom to 1/2 recommended max and it stopped.

My Bergman White Widow seems to require about 120% nutrients when following the published 1/2 dose schedule in the tutorials, and a p-k supplement in flower.

Changes:
    I will avoid the 2 issues noted above and add the remaining GH supplement line. The only thing that I feel I missed with this grow is the multitude of 'beneficial trace elements' to turn on enzymes, such as the trace elements found in the remaining GH supplement line.

That's my 2c, rock on.

completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Very well written and lucid, FS. You bring up a very interesting point: some strains DEVOUR nutrients, so what's sauce for the goose isn't necessarily for the gander.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Totally informative review!!!! And a question therefore Why add CaliMag to Coco before planting seeds? Because you germinate your seeds in the coco?
      Interested in more info when you have the time
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        In this tutorial about 1/2 way down the first page there is a overall "growing in coco cons" there is a general discussion about coco grown plants needing more calcium than plants, in other mediums.
        Ever wondered how to use coco coir blocks to make a cannabis-friendly rich potting mix? This tutorial breaks it down...

I have read more technical data on how coco contains either phosphorus or potassium (I think K) molecules and when soaked those molecules are easily replaced by calcium molecules, and thus locking up the calcium in the coco so it is not available to the plant. Once the coco gets saturated with calcium, it no longer can cause a deficiency in your young plants. So, I plan to increase the calcium when preparing my coco
        I can not say the 'technical dada" is accurate or not, but it doesn't matter.. The tutorial is good enough to me, and I did have a calcium deficiency. I figure that it cost me a week in veg.
        I germinate in paper towel and plant in solo cups.
        Last edited by Flockshot; 06-30-2017, 07:42 PM. Reason: add info

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Great thank you

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X