Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest disappointment after 4 month :(

Hello Friends!

I would be glad if you read my post till the end cause I feel a little bit desperate (pics are below)

So my story is:
    friend gave me 4 regular unknown seeds and only 2 them turned out to be female.
    As I told you in previews posts It is my first grow. I have small growbox, so I use cfl's (210w total)
    After struggling with a lot of problems (especially PH) I finally somehow managed to
    fix them and went in flowering stage with healthy looking plants.
    (not to mentions the fact that plants lost pretty much lower leaves before I finally corrected high PH)

Flowering stage
    I switched to 12/12 4 weaks ago and everything was going normally before today,
    when I noticed little "bananas" on one of my plants (second one is still looking normal)
    Besides the strange thing is that the plant on which I noticed "bananas" have about 50% of pistils already darkend
    Which looks strange to me cause as I read on this site (and on many other sites) cannabis need at least about 2 month in flowering stage to mature.

Solution
    I know that it is not good idea to keep plant with "bananas" so after about of half hour of thinking I cut of one of the cola of my plant,
    used quick dry method and smoked it (after 4 month of waiting).
    To say in short words nothing special happened... felt very very little high for about 15 20 min and thats all...

So I feel very disappointed right know. I understand that cannabis in 1 month of flowering is not ready for smoke but I dont understand why it coudnt get me even medium high...
    And also I need your advises after I cut my plant with "bananas" is it good idea to keep second plant? cause Ive read that bananas can quickly pollinate other plants also.

And finally If my plant does not have good genetics or for whatever reason it cant get my high, is it good idea to make cannabuter or something like that with them?

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!

That's a pretty picture, I can't get the ones on imgur to come in though. When did you first see the nanner ? You really can't tell how potent it's gonna be doing that quick dry thing , your burning all the good stuff up drying it like that ,plus the plant was still young.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Always buy Feminized seed The expense growing males just is not worth it for me anyway

Comment

The pictures look good I would def keep the plant without banners and maby even keep the one with banners and pick them off keep a close eye on it picking them off as they pop up u might get some seeds or alot of seeds but like u said it's 4 months u spent and your first grow. As for potency your nugs r pre mature and haven't been cured yet and wht do u mean by quick drying?

Comment

• Zaxar
          Zaxar commented
          Editing a comment
          well I cut the bud and rolled it in a paper than i put it on cfl bulb for about 15 20 min. I tried it ones but not on my plant and it worked.

• St.buds
          St.buds commented
          Editing a comment
          By adding tht extra heat to dry your nug your burning off trichomes and loosening more potency ontop of the bud being premature and uncured

I can definitely see the bananas. Can't see anywhere near 50% change of pistils though
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

So the best option is to cut the plant with bananas and start dying them normally?

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            If it were me, I'd let it go and just mark it off as a loss. After one month in flower, the cannabinoids aren't developed yet, and you won't get high. That's why there is sooooooo much discussion about finding that perfect window for harvest and how important the cure is.

If it was me ,and I had away to separate them I'd just cut the nanners off and let it grow ,just gonna have seeds I've smoked many of them with seeds.You probably have too.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

You've put in 4 months I wouldn't quit now! Id do whatever to finish and get buds, seeds or not. You should also double check you grow area, narrow it down to genetics and not a problem with light leeks or improper light schedule, anything that could have caused plant stress.
            don't give up the ship and good luck.
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

thanks for your posts!

Im thinking to remove plant with bananas to save second plant

Comment

I have to disagree. First of all, if the male pollen has been dispersed, then throwing away one plant worth of pot is not the solution. I say grow out the last 4-5 weeks of your grow and enjoy the results. No big buz after only 4 weeks in flower is no big deal. Another month of development will increase the potency My 2c.
                completed 7 grows
                what I have learned so far:
                environment maters more than nutrients
                at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
                effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I agree with Flockshot totally , when you first saw the nanner you were already to late to remove it. Grow it out and smoke it, I guarantee it will get you high as hell if you dry an cure it right. Your other plant is going to have seeds to probably. Don't throw them away after after all that effort. Call me I'll come get em.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

I deleted my previous comment because I realize that Flock and DAAS are probably right about the other plant being pollinated. Hope you didn't already take the plant out, and I remember other growers finding nanners, finishing the flower period and smoking great weed.
                    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I'm with the others more weed is better then some weed.
                      My last grow I found a dozen or so seeds on one branch....
                      No skin of my back but more seeds in my bank.

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Oh thanks a lot! you returned me a hope

I Finally decided to let them finish the flowering, only thing that makes me upset is that one cola which I cut to check the quality of buds...

I got 2 more questions if you dont mind.. (which may sound a little bit stupid but Im a new grower ;P)

1) As you know my plants are pollinated now and will the affect the second grow? I mean if pollen are spread on all over the grow space can it also make my second grow plants hermies?

2) I've read somewhere that if female cannabis plant will self pollinate, the seeds she will make will be 99% females.

THANKS!

Comment

• alltatup
                          alltatup commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I mean you wipe down everything to make sure there's no pollen sticking around. As for that Clorox cleaner, just make sure you, Jeg, wipe away any residue that might hurt plants.

• alltatup
                          alltatup commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I personally prefer hydrogen peroxide. I don't like to mess with bleach unless I absolutely have to. i'm real finicky about what i buy because they put so many artificial fragrances in that shit, which I can't stand the smell of. Better to just use bleach diluted in water and wipe everything down than some pre=made spray. I think H2O2 is a lot more natural and just as effective. Just realize you're dealing with a real picky person here who likes to go as natural as possible and doesn't trust any commercial brands of anything...

• Newf
                          Newf commented
                          Editing a comment
                          On question #2 I would avoid using any seeds you get from a Hermied plant. The reason plants hermie is usually bad genes. Yes they will probably all be female, but they have a much higher chance of producing more hermies. (When seed companies produce "feminized seeds" they are forcing a plant with good genes to hermie by using chemicals. The seeds they produce still have good genes.) You would do best to get a few seeds from a reputable seed bank. If $ is a concern you can make clones from then on so you only have the one time up front cost. I am glad you decided to keep both plants. Your yield may be a bit affected by the plants using their energy making seeds but you will still get good weed. Especially since this is your first grow I am sure everyone here wants to see you get some results for all your hard work.

After u finish up this grow I'd wipe down all the walls of you room/tent with a wet rag and anything else in the tent cuz there could still be some pollen left but I believe most pollen gets blown around tell it lands on your plant and yes your seeds will be female but will have the Hermie genetics and most likely pop off more bananas

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X